Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed

691 replies to this topic

#601 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:52

also, LOL at the person who sent their money for MW2 to Dice :xD:

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#602 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:08

Infinity Ward are really lame now.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#603 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:53

Are you sure?

Also, LULWUT SPACE MISSION?

#604 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:20

What the hell was with that castle?

Found a transcript of the Q&A: http://constantmayhe...transcript.html.

They really made themselves out to be real douchebags. (as my friend summed it up: "arrogant condescending bastards")

This one though, got me going:

Axen: Please explain how a 9v9 match is a multiplayer experience? I'd have more fun serving lunch at a local nursing home.

Vince-IW: Sounds like are a very compassionate and giving person. I hope the people at the nursing home appreciate you.

Man, what total comedians.

This was pretty laughable too:

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

OMG

Edited by deltaepsilon, 05 November 2009 - 08:35.

--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#605 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:23

View PostRaiDK, on 5 Nov 2009, 7:53, said:

Are you sure?

Also, LULWUT SPACE MISSION?

The infamy trailer was 100 times better. Better soundtrack too, are you shitting me from a hans zimmer score to eminem? Who the fuck choose that?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#606 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:40

Infinity Ward obviously, because it's consistent with all their other good decisions.
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#607 Ekalb

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:56

Personally I think the song fits and isn't it pretty common for soldiers to listen to rap songs like that ?

It fits and it has a strong beat and that's really what the developers would aim for with a launch trailer at this stage in the development cycle. It gets the blood pumping.
I was counting all the different locales that the trailer shows you and although some may only exist as interactive cut scenes (like the space mission) and I'm really anticipating a lot of content that could probably justify a few extra dollars. I'm not scared that I won't get enough bang for my buck, even in the single player campaign.

I have decided though, to get the 360 version rather than the PC version for a few reasons but mostly with the whole MP screw-around. It's relatively normal on a console though and that's where I like my COD to be personally.
Posted Image

#608 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:08

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 5 Nov 2009, 19:40, said:

Infinity Ward obviously, because it's consistent with all their other good decisions.

Wow, you're not a bandwagon jumper at all.

Far as 'good decisions' go, I can only think of dedicated servers. Otherwise MW2 is looking pretty damn Godly.

#609 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:34

View PostRaiDK, on 5 Nov 2009, 11:08, said:

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 5 Nov 2009, 19:40, said:

Far as 'good decisions' go, I can only think of dedicated servers. Otherwise MW2 is looking pretty damn Godly.

One of the better examples would be the "Call to Arms" situation and how that ended up. (would love to search around for this but atm I dont got time)
Posted Image

#610 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:42

View PostRaiDK, on 5 Nov 2009, 11:08, said:

paying more for less is not exactly what many people thinks of a fair trade

at least IW can man the fuck up and confirm the PC version is a console port, its not like they are fooling anybody with "lawl mouse support and text chat make it not port"

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 5 Nov 2009, 9:20, said:

They really made themselves out to be real douchebags. (as my friend summed it up: "arrogant condescending bastards")

you want the sad part, look at this in the end:

238.LaGgY_42o: What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?
239.Mackey-IW: I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great.

i dont know, but i get around 100ms ping in TF2 by playing in USA servers, and they get it for texting the game, it doesnt inspire a lot of good happy throughts

View PostEkalb, on 5 Nov 2009, 10:56, said:

a lot of content that could probably justify a few extra dollars.

IW confirmed the price increase was activision doing, there was pretty much no reason to increase the price other than "it will sell millions anyway"

Edited by KiraSama, 05 November 2009 - 11:45.

Posted Image

#611 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 13:42

I seriously don't see any reason to complain about the PC version. So it's a console port... so what? If the game is still good it really doesn't matter which platform it was designed for.

And IW Net? I would have preferred dedicated servers but I'll trust them on this one. The Idea itself sounds really good and you can still play with your friends or your clan.

The only downside is, that I can't play it at school (no internet access) in lan because of steam.
But there will probably be ways around this

I'm sure as hell going to buy this game for the PC.
Posted Image

#612 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 21:10

Most PC FPS games have been console ports for years. MW1 was probably a console port and nobody seemed to mind.

#613 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 22:08

View PostRaiDK, on 5 Nov 2009, 21:10, said:

Most PC FPS games have been console ports for years. MW1 was probably a console port and nobody seemed to mind.

MW1 wasn't a full console port. It had lean features, acceptability to mods/custom maps, dedicated servers, 32 player games, a lan function, a server browser, a console to change functions plus many other PC only features.
It's unacceptable that they have taken features out for no decent reason and then they charge $10 more. The company is clearly is out of line and full of itself.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#614 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 22:12

View PostTheDR, on 5 Nov 2009, 22:08, said:

View PostRaiDK, on 5 Nov 2009, 21:10, said:

MW1 wasn't a full console port. It had lean features, acceptability to mods/custom maps, dedicated servers, 32 player games, a lan function, a server browser, a console to change functions plus many other PC only features.
It's unacceptable that they have taken features out for no decent reason and then they charge $10 more. The company is clearly is out of line and full of itself.

Posted Image

Here Here

Edited by Wizard, 05 November 2009 - 22:12.

#615 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 00:22

[sarcasm]but is not a port guys! it has mouse support and text chat! [/sarcasm]

the only thing than actually blow up my rage is the how they insist about how is not a port, yet the fact than is a port can be see from SPACE

i mean, THE GAME IS NOT BALANCE FOR LEARNING? WHAT THE HELL? THATS LIKE SAYING THE GAME IS NOT BALANCE FOR JUMPING

Edited by KiraSama, 06 November 2009 - 00:22.

Posted Image

#616 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 00:29

View PostKiraSama, on 6 Nov 2009, 2:22, said:

[sarcasm]but is not a port guys! it has mouse support and text chat! [/sarcasm]

the only thing than actually blow up my rage is the how they insist about how is not a port, yet the fact than is a port can be see from SPACE

i mean, THE GAME IS NOT BALANCE FOR LEARNING? WHAT THE HELL? THATS LIKE SAYING THE GAME IS NOT BALANCE FOR JUMPING
I'd have been very happy if they took out jumping. All bunny hoppers must die >.> .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#617 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 00:46

View PostChyros, on 6 Nov 2009, 0:29, said:

I'd have been very happy if they took out jumping. All bunny hoppers must die >.> .

Someone needs to make a Prodigy rip off and replace the lyrics with that :)

It so is a lazy ass port.

#618 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 00:54

View PostWizard, on 6 Nov 2009, 0:46, said:

View PostChyros, on 6 Nov 2009, 0:29, said:

Someone needs to make a Prodigy rip off and replace the lyrics with that :xD:

Why not post that idea in the Machinima forum :)
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#619 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:37

This images sums this game up nicely for me.

Posted Image

I am so gonna buy MW1 after seeing this crap...

What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?
Mackey-IW: I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great.

*Insert facepalm image*

Posted Image

Edited by ΓΛPΤΘΓ, 06 November 2009 - 02:49.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#620 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:09

well, i hate to sound insensitive, but im soooo excited to get this game on 360 =P

#621 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:56

The console versions might be good, as they are done as they've always been done, so no difference for you. For some idiotic reason has IW decided that they know better what the pc-players want than the gamers themselves. The damn petition is at over 180 000 signatures. I'd say that should give IW some idea what people think about their decision. The thing I hate the most about this is that we are being forced into this and you can't even test it beforehand. IW should have told the pc-community about this alot sooner and actually explain their reasoning behind this and show some testdata that it actually is playable. You can testdrive a new car before you buy it too.

http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1042836p1.html

Who the hell has had so much problem at getting to a game in cod4 that they needed to dumb it down so much???

"We think one of the problems with our PC SKUs on this title in the past is that it has not been as friendly a consumer experience in terms of matchmaking and online play as the consoles have allowed it to be."

so all these years that dedicated servers have been used we've all been wrong? Thank god IW has saved us from this herecy...

Edited by Wanderer, 06 November 2009 - 08:32.

#622 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:08

View PostWanderer, on 6 Nov 2009, 7:56, said:

The console versions might be good, as they are done as they've always been done, so no difference for you. For some idiotic reason has IW decided that they know better what the pc-players want than the gamers themselves.

Actually the 360 version has party chat droped, apparently because you can cheat with it by telling your friends were the enemies are

i mean, compared to the PC players 360 this is kinda nothing, but still sounds like another stupid measure for nothing really beneficial at all

The damn petition is at over 180 000 signatures. I'd say that should give IW some idea what people think about their decision.

they probably will ignored it and blame pirates
Posted Image

#623 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:00

Shooters are better on consoles. Its more immersive, and not so much a point and click adventure.

I lol'd.

#624 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:04

View Postumm not dachamp, on 6 Nov 2009, 6:09, said:

well, i hate to sound insensitive, but im soooo excited to get this game on 360 =P

Hehe, same here :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#625 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:10

The thing that pisses me the most about this whole thing is how IW just tells us to trust them and cough up 60$/€ whatever. If they change the game that much I want to test it before I decide do I buy it or not. Show us the test you've done, show us gameplayfootage from long range games using real life connection speeds. For as long as I've played online 100ms ping is considered high and now your telling it's "playable" How do you define playable? We aren't kids anymore. We want to make our own decisions. Not get force fed this crap

Oh and by the way. Have you thought what happens to your dear game when IWnet is down for maintenance or down for good? You have a 60$ frisbee

Edited by Wanderer, 06 November 2009 - 16:44.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users