[How to] Add custom music to ZH.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 18:55

First open up C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data

Create folder called Audio
Posted Image

In that folder create a folder called Tracks.
Posted Image

then after doing that rename any songs you are putting in it after the faction it will be playing for and then put the number in which it will play. (I.E. USA_01 China_01 GLA_01)
Posted Image

Edited by Hobbes1098, 21 July 2007 - 19:03.

#2 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 21 July 2007 - 19:04

The topic title is missleading, because you're not adding custom music, your replaceing music.
Posted Image

#3 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 19:07

I think you get the point though. (Oh and if someone could tell me how to fix the song's timing it would be great)

Edited by Hobbes1098, 21 July 2007 - 19:11.

#4 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:51

I've heard that there can be only 11 tracks for each side. I happend to be searching for a thread like this yesterday (Coincidence?) and they said there was a limit. Is that true?

Edited by iron_golem, 22 July 2007 - 05:51.

#5 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:09

I guess I'll put 12 tracks in the game and see what happens lol.

#6 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:55

The 12th track has no application, there is no place and time where the computer tells it to run, so nothing will ever happen.

And the timing is located in some .ini in the music.big file or something like that of the original Zero Hour. Even though, the Shw team told us they were going to use Matthias' music for shockwave. (or at least, I have not yet seen a cancel for this one) and in order for that to work you will need to time the stuff. I had some fancy music set in my Zero Hour but they were all long tracks and getting cut off in the middle of the fun is no fun.\

This way is easier than my way though. I used to edit the music.big file, edit the .ini's and get my own music in a custom .big. That way there should also be a way to edit the timings.. but i have no clue how.

Edited by Shirou, 22 July 2007 - 07:58.

Posted Image

#7 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:39

View PostShirou, on 22 Jul 2007, 15:55, said:

The 12th track has no application, there is no place and time where the computer tells it to run, so nothing will ever happen.

And the timing is located in some .ini in the music.big file or something like that of the original Zero Hour. Even though, the Shw team told us they were going to use Matthias' music for shockwave. (or at least, I have not yet seen a cancel for this one) and in order for that to work you will need to time the stuff. I had some fancy music set in my Zero Hour but they were all long tracks and getting cut off in the middle of the fun is no fun.\

This way is easier than my way though. I used to edit the music.big file, edit the .ini's and get my own music in a custom .big. That way there should also be a way to edit the timings.. but i have no clue how.

The Timing and how long will the music will be played is controlled via Skirmish Scripts, If you want to add more custom music. You have to edit the script files.

#8 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:21

One should also take note that, even if you increase game speed the songs don't play faster (duh!) and have a bigger chance of being cut off.

#9 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:48

View PostZeke, on 3 Mar 2010, 2:21, said:

One should also take note that, even if you increase game speed the songs don't play faster (duh!) and have a bigger chance of being cut off.

I have a feeling you replied in the wrong topic, with a similar name :sly:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:16

View PostIon Cannon!, on 3 Mar 2010, 16:48, said:

no. he's right. basically each ZH music tracks only around 2 minutes. if you replace them with your musics that are more than 2 minutes each, they will be cut off in game. and if the game speed increased, the scripts will change the music track less than 2 minutes. blame the skirmishscripts.scb

#11 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:24

View Postn5p29, on 3 Mar 2010, 12:16, said:

no. he's right. basically each ZH music tracks only around 2 minutes. if you replace them with your musics that are more than 2 minutes each, they will be cut off in game. and if the game speed increased, the scripts will change the music track less than 2 minutes. blame the skirmishscripts.scb

I don't see where Ion disagreed with Zeke at all tbh. Perhaps read what is quoted before you reply in future.

Edited by Wizard, 03 March 2010 - 12:25.

#12 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:10

View PostWizard, on 3 Mar 2010, 12:24, said:

View Postn5p29, on 3 Mar 2010, 12:16, said:

I don't see where Ion disagreed with Zeke at all tbh. Perhaps read what is quoted before you reply in future.

Because it was early, so I didn't notice it was in the tutorials section.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users