#1 Deformat

Casual

• 68 posts
  • Projects: TOP SECRET

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:36

So, was map-googling lately North Korea until I found this image:

Posted Image

Nongshan Mountain is the zone.

What's weird is that those trees look damn unnatural. Too uniform. Somehow I'm thinking that they are "fake trees" aka communication trees. But as well they could hide something.

The white line is the border between China and North Korea.

What's more weird is that some cities are split between the two countries, but I see absolutely no border control/ roads. They all look like military stuff, since they also look a bit camouflaged.

Yeah, I know, some ppl around will say that I'm nuts , but.... ;)

#2 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:06

Well it is a Satellite image... By the way I wouldn't be surprised if they "built" fake trees, they've built fake nice looking buildings (GLA Fake Structure ;)?) to encourage people to defect.

Also North Korea doesn't have contact with the rest of the world (well somtimes but thats rare) so Google cannot make a 'detailed' version of it...I guess.
Posted Image

#3 Deformat

Casual

• 68 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:19

Well, they have a twitter and Youtube account ;)

#4 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 22:26

North Korea also has a web page apparently. Speaking of which, the pictures of the city that are on said website is quite literally, a ghost town. There were no people on the street, the buildings are facades, there is no electricity running anywhere, and as I write this, it's probably crumbling into the nearby river (that is, if it hasn't already).

Those trees might in fact, be real, but because it's a satellite image, it could look a bit off because of the time it was taken. You could be right though, because....well, North Korea doesn't like anyone, so it could well be that they're trying to hide something.......if not everything.
Posted Image

#5 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:27

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 18 Aug 2010, 0:26, said:

North Korea also has a web page apparently. Speaking of which, the pictures of the city that are on said website is quite literally, a ghost town. There were no people on the street, the buildings are facades, there is no electricity running anywhere, and as I write this, it's probably crumbling into the nearby river (that is, if it hasn't already).

Those trees might in fact, be real, but because it's a satellite image, it could look a bit off because of the time it was taken. You could be right though, because....well, North Korea doesn't like anyone, so it could well be that they're trying to hide something.......if not everything.

Electricity is not commonplace in North Korea anyway, most people have to do without it.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#6 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:03

Wait, North Korea's been secretive but then how did we get those Com-Sat scans? I mean, they're being watched by large pieces of orbital surveillance equipment. I find it strange cause they are hiding things from the horizontal view, but then lot's of things are exposed.
OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
--------------------------
Posted Image
"I am an artist of daydreams. With just a little material, be it a picture, audio or a simple thought, it could fuel a derivative masterpiece."
And I also do Walfas Comics...when I feel like it.

#7 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 15:24

View PostGuardianTempest, on 18 Aug 2010, 5:03, said:

Wait, North Korea's been secretive but then how did we get those Com-Sat scans? I mean, they're being watched by large pieces of orbital surveillance equipment. I find it strange cause they are hiding things from the horizontal view, but then lot's of things are exposed.

North Korea can't tell Google what to do with it's Space Equipment.

And if it's something important, they probably have the brain enough to do it in some bunker or place that has a roof. Like a Warehouse.

#8 Deformat

Casual

• 68 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 16:47

Actually, my grandfather did travel in North Korea back in the 80's.

Those guys had airports in mountains. Like some sort of caves.

The metro system was 100 meters underneath, and it was a bunker.

#9 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 16:53

Switzerland has those too :|
Posted Image

#10 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:41

View PostDeformat, on 19 Aug 2010, 2:47, said:

Actually, my grandfather did travel in North Korea back in the 80's.

Those guys had airports in mountains. Like some sort of caves.

The metro system was 100 meters underneath, and it was a bunker.

Like in James Bond :xD:
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#11 cccdfern

Professional

• 318 posts
  • Projects: FoxMod

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:00

road trip anyone ? :xD:
To listen and learn, or contribute and teach.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users