11 replies to this topic

#1 Elitic

Visitor

• Project Leader
  • 43 posts
  • Projects: Return to Church

Posted 27 September 2010 - 18:01

Posted Image

Development of mod has been already resumed.

During summer I didn't do anything serious, but some mapping and gameplay idea, feature thinking.

However It's already 27th of September and I have new media update for you. :xD:

Molotov Cocktail - Want to set some furballs on fire ? Here's your chance, Take It, Throw It, Watch It. :lol:
Here is render of it:
Posted Image

Also it has been already implemented into game and working smoothly, It works little like napalm molotov, after contact it breaks and emits some fireballs which will turn into real fire after contacting ground. Particle effects are custom made, however I'll need to test them on lower end graphics cards...
Here its effects In-game outdoors. Don't mind texture – It's temporary.
Posted Image

And here is screenshot of molotov in-doors in darkness. As you can see - It creates dynamic light.
Posted Image

Video showing it is coming soon!

Werewolf - Finally werewolf model is almost finished, though it's still „Work In Progress“.
Here is render:
Posted Image

And here is wireframe render of it:
Posted Image

You see It's my first completely done character model. Please comment what do you think of it? Any advices or critics ?

Next thing I'd like to mention is advanced melee combat system. I wrote about it before summer, It's finished now, It'll give great experience to game. However I can't show it now. Whenever I finish Dagger or Morning Star animations I'll upload video.

Map rtc_catacombs was also updated and is now nearly finished.
Here's some shots:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here is render of currently RTC weapons made:
Posted Image
It's almost half way done - about 2 more human weapons, ~1 more vampire weapons, ~1 more werewolf weapons. (Its isn't exact amount).

Well, thats all for now. Next update will come after 2-4 weeks.
And if you ask for release date - Sorry, but It's still unknown.

*Updated*

Here are new screenshots of rtc_catacombs map. This is werewolf map start section.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Elitic, 07 October 2010 - 14:28.

Posted Image

#2 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 18:07

The shotgun looks awesome!
Posted Image

#3 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 27 September 2010 - 18:08

That were wolf looks pretty damn epic :)
I'm really looking forward to seeing more from you :D

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 18:08

Nice work on the weapons so far :)

Its good to see you are back to modding again.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#5 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 18:50

Glad to see you're back in development again Elitic. The Werewolf is very nice, although perhaps you should increase the thickness of the thighs. Canines tend to have powerful back legs so to stand upright I think you might need more mass to make it seem more imposing. But very good work as always.

#6 Elitic

Visitor

• Project Leader
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 19:02

Wizard, on 27 Sep 2010, 21:50, said:

Glad to see you're back in development again Elitic. The Werewolf is very nice, although perhaps you should increase the thickness of the thighs. Canines tend to have powerful back legs so to stand upright I think you might need more mass to make it seem more imposing. But very good work as always.

Thanks for advice :) I'll look into it.
Posted Image

#7 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 00:38

The time away from here has been well spent. This update has a fair amount of weight to it in regards to what you've been doing. I know the skin for the molotov is only temporary, but it reminds me of a bottle of Samuel Adams beer. :)
Posted Image

#8 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:57

Added to the site :)

Elitic, do you have access to add news to our site? Have you registered there? If not, please do so and we will get your permissions updated to post your own news.

#9 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:46

I've never really understood why Werewolf/Vampire Mods are so popular, but this one looks pretty awesome.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#10 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:32

Gd stuff there! Looking forward to seeing those guns skinned

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Elitic

Visitor

• Project Leader
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:37

Wizard, on 28 Sep 2010, 11:57, said:

Added to the site :)

Elitic, do you have access to add news to our site? Have you registered there? If not, please do so and we will get your permissions updated to post your own news.

Thanks, I've just registered there: http://www.falloutst....php?userid=284
Posted Image

#12 Elitic

Visitor

• Project Leader
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 14:27

Here are new screenshots of rtc_catacombs map. This is werewolf map start section.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Elitic, 07 October 2010 - 14:28.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users