Dedicated!

143 replies to this topic

#101 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:51

The reasoning for that is the turrets don't spin around, They fire much like a cannon, With extreme recoil.

#102 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:12

View PostNem, on 24 Jul 2010, 6:57, said:

Elaborate?

It looks like you've got a nice textured piece of text there and you've just set the top layer to saturation because it's looks too yellow.

View PostNem, on 24 Jul 2010, 6:57, said:

Also:

Posted Image

View PostBoidy, on 24 Jul 2010, 7:49, said:

The barrels are too square-uular

I actually like it. Could function as less of a gattling cannon and more of a rail/projectile cannon. Texture is excellent, as always with you Nem 8|

#103 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:58

View PostWizard, on 24 Jul 2010, 5:12, said:

It looks like you've got a nice textured piece of text there and you've just set the top layer to saturation because it's looks too yellow.

All color editing was done in curves. I think the anti-standard look of the colors gives it a bit of a unique feel, But then I am new to curves, and I have much to learn.

Something different:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Nem, 25 July 2010 - 07:04.

#104 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:07

Intresting pictures , as always with you nem 8|

#105 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:42

As you can see, he wants to be white.

#106 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:09

Clearly.

#107 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:24

it's eye-popping. literally then. all i can see is white.
it's time to wake up

#108 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:56

Far too overexposed imo. I like the textures/brushes that you used on it

Posted Image

Posted Image

#109 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 16:18

Posted Image

Something with the look and feel of being new. I really struggled with this one, It's hard creating something... From nothing. It would be much easier to relay on a base image like other artists, I'm too cool for that apparently.

Edited by Nem, 13 October 2010 - 16:19.

#110 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 16:22

the streaks in the back don't fit.

the lettering screams for a clean and tight surrounding, not some dirty chocolate smears.
it's time to wake up

#111 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 17:34

That in my opinion is why it's so appealing. Why not mix clean and dirty? Following the "rules" sometimes leads to boring typical art.

#112 Dr. Knickers

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 506 posts
  • Projects: CnC 3: ConRed, CORE

Posted 13 October 2010 - 18:02

I actually kinda like it, it looks pretty cool. Nice work, Nem!
Posted Image

#113 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 18:04

View PostNem, on 13 Oct 2010, 17:34, said:

art.

i am NOT going there.

goodbye.
it's time to wake up

#114 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 18:29

Apparently, our definitions of art differ. If I had define it, It would be any medium that invokes emotion, negative or positive. You responded because you felt something, and if my definition isn't good enough, the official meaning categorizes what I have made here as art as well.

the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

If you're going to come in here declaring what is art is, and what isn't I will too. You are more then welcome to your opinion, but you don't have the right to define anything, especially something as subjective as this subject. Good bye is right, You should leave.

#115 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 18:50

wow, you're pretty awesome, smart and good-looking.

i better get the hell out of here before my brain turns into radish soup.
it's time to wake up

#116 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 19:16

Art is not right or wrong, art is expression, you can't tell Nem that the way he went about this is wrong, you can only give him pointers.

I smell grudge.
Posted Image

#117 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 13 October 2010 - 19:42

View PostCamille, on 13 Oct 2010, 17:22, said:

the streaks in the back don't fit.

the lettering screams for a clean and tight surrounding, not some dirty chocolate smears.

This does sound like some pointers to be honest?

It looks good in my opinion though :P

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#118 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:19

Camille, Nem, I highly suggest the both of you, whatever your feelings, settle this matter OUTSIDE of this thread (see, I can italicize and bold-face too). Your definitions of what define "art" differ, and while that's all fine and dandy, the tiny "debate" you gentlemen are having is not. You both have your own art threads to pervay to the public what you believe is "art". Now both of you to your corners.
Posted Image

#119 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:20

i consider myself open minded when it comes to art but it has it's limits.

a mediocre at best picture that was 2 to 5 minutes in photoshop falls just out of my region though.

i stated my opinion and as expected nem just responded with something like "your opinion's nice and shit BUT it's still good because X". AND he has the balls to call it art. and don't start the whole "yeah but art's an opnion and you gotta respect yapp yapp yapp" lecture on me cause i've heard it one to many times. the human brain is designed to like certain things and to dislike others. it's a broad array but it has, contrary to popular belief, it's limits. you're still allowed to like whatever the fuck you want for my part but don't come crashing down on me for either my opinion or yours. the least nem could do is not respond to criticism like a total dick. the best he could do is try to make shit that's interesting to look at and not the exact same kind of stuff he's been doing for the past two years AFAIK.

oh and come off your high horse. you're no better than anyone else and there's absolutely no reason to behave like you do. i know i'm not the only person that gets worked up about it. you can drop the whole elitist and attention-whoring act and come to a straight level with everyone else. FUCK.

oh and in before "chill the fuck out". because that's not what i'm going to do. some people need to be put in their place for gods sake, we all do.

edit: i know nuker, but you ninja'd me.

edit: oh what the hell, why wouldn't people be allowed to see this?

Edited by Camille, 13 October 2010 - 21:22.

it's time to wake up

#120 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:30

I would follow Nukers advice :P
We don't really need to see this here.
I would rather see examples of Nems artwork :xD:

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#121 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:33

sure let's all turn a blind eye and pretend nothing's happening!

this is a forum. disputes are meant to be talked over and there's nothing wrong with the public seeing it. i don't go hiding in a corner whenever i don't agree with someone.

unless, of course you're 98 and have a weak heart and you could get a heart attack if you saw a couple fight or something in that trend.

Edited by Camille, 13 October 2010 - 21:34.

it's time to wake up

#122 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:53

Bad day today? Broke a nail? Those are the best two reasons I can think of that triggered your miss placed ragefit. You're right in that I just post small photoshop jobs here, it's what the thread is for. Nobody is acting like I just created a master piece, except you. There isn't a reason to get so worked up about something so small, unless as Nid stated you have a grudge of some sort (which you have stated you do). I would appreciate if this thread stayed open, and I invite you to comment on future one off pieces I post here, but have to ask that you don't decide if it's art or not.

Edit: And you're right, I'm not better then anyone else, with the exception of one thing. I am dedicated, and the fact that I have been creating this Nem avy's for two years says something about that fact. I believe they have improved, and if you don't appreciate that, It's fine. AT LEAST THEY ARE BETTER THEN YOUR SHIT AVY'S HARHAHRHAHRHARHAR.

Edited by Nem, 13 October 2010 - 22:01.

#123 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:56

You believe I'm turning a blind eye because I come into this thread, see a dispute that's becoming heated, read remarks that can be defined as kindling for a fire that could become a flame war, and ask the BOTH of you to stop?

I'm not saying that your opinions are not allowed or that you are not entitled to one. Let's be fair, everyone has an opinion (because they're like noses....) What I am saying is that your approach (and Nem's as well) is sending off red flags in my head, hence the reason I asked the both of you to chill.
Posted Image

#124 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:58

View PostNem, on 13 Oct 2010, 22:53, said:

Nobody is acting like I just created a master piece

nobody but you. nobody but you, nem.

AT LEAST THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOUR SHIT AVY'S HARHAHRHAHRHARHAR.

if you think so, then so be it.

i can't actually believe i'm having this conversation, it's simply too surreal. this is absolutely and totally pointless. hence why i am going to bed now.

g' night.

Edited by Camille, 13 October 2010 - 22:03.

it's time to wake up

#125 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 22:05

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Your Avatar is NOT ART. IT'S JUST A PICTURE OF YOU LOOKING STUPID. Ohooolooololool.

I can act like a total jerk too.

Edited by Nem, 13 October 2010 - 22:09.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users