637 replies to this topic

#1 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 25 February 2011 - 18:21

It Begins

In 5 days we'll find out what that teaser site is all about.

Guess since we're "finding makarov" from the second MW its not going to be a sci-fi shooter as some people anticipated.

Edited by Pav:3d, 25 February 2011 - 18:22.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 18:26

i hope they'll allow you to upgrade stuff with nanotechnology.

Modern Warfare: Moderner and Warfareder than ever before.
it's time to wake up

#3 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 18:28

I predict the ability to scan your own guns into the game!

That has to be the most annoying countdown site I've ever been on 8|
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#4 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 19:37

Posted Image

ZOMFG- Do.Not.Care.

#5 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 25 February 2011 - 19:42

Short: BOOOOoooo.....!

Long: MW1 was win, MW2 fail, and MW3 is probably going to redefine the concept of _FAIL_.

#6 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 23:08

View PostPav:3d, on 25 Feb 2011, 20:21, said:

It Begins

In 5 days we'll find out what that teaser site is all about.

Guess since we're "finding makarov" from the second MW its not going to be a sci-fi shooter as some people anticipated.
Nah, the sci-fi thingy had already been confirmed not to be the next game iirc. They do a MW - something - MW - something - MW - something approach now.

View PostSgt. Rho, on 25 Feb 2011, 21:42, said:

Long: MW1 was win, MW2 fail, and MW3 is probably going to redefine the concept of _FAIL_.
How was MW2 fail? In my opinion MW2 is a major improvement over MW1, and everyone knows how critical I am of stuff like this. I'm not saying MW3 will be even better - in fact I'm quite sure that even if it IS better, we'll have to make sacrifices for it - but I don't see why we should discount it already. I mean, it's not made by Treyarch or anything 8| .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 23:30

May not be made by treyarch but its not made by the original infinty ward either.

After Black Ops im going to be veeery careful with this.

@Doc: Aint it just? I cant stay on for more than a few seconds 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 23:44

View PostPav:3d, on 26 Feb 2011, 1:30, said:

May not be made by treyarch but its not made by the original infinty ward either.

Yeah, me too. It's not necessarily a bad thing IW aren't "fully" on it though. IW always make games great, but they don't want to make them as great as they're capable of to cater to the noobs. Perhaps some fresh blood will break through this barrier of noob-pleasing and result in a CoD that's remotely balanced. Then again, perhaps it will be a giant steaming pile of shite. In any case, I'm watching it closely in both a negative and positive way.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 23:57

How many people on FS do you think will buy it anyway, despite their voiced reservations, then end up complaining about how they don't like it?
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#10 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:32

View PostChyros, on 25 Feb 2011, 23:44, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 26 Feb 2011, 1:30, said:

Yeah, me too. It's not necessarily a bad thing IW aren't "fully" on it though. IW always make games great, but they don't want to make them as great as they're capable of to cater to the noobs. Perhaps some fresh blood will break through this barrier of noob-pleasing and result in a CoD that's remotely balanced. Then again, perhaps it will be a giant steaming pile of shite. In any case, I'm watching it closely in both a negative and positive way.

Indeed, here's hoping.

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 25 Feb 2011, 23:57, said:

How many people on FS do you think will buy it anyway, despite their voiced reservations, then end up complaining about how they don't like it?

Ill probably be one of those people. 8|

edit:
Oh and it seems like we've been trolled, the website is a hoax

Edited by Pav:3d, 26 February 2011 - 01:36.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:00

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 26 Feb 2011, 0:57, said:

That.

Also, anyone knows what happened with the Infinity Ward vs Activision thing?

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#12 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:03

I might buy if it it has dedicated servers...
Posted Image

#13 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:52

View PostChyros, on 26 Feb 2011, 0:08, said:

View PostSgt. Rho, on 25 Feb 2011, 21:42, said:

How was MW2 fail? In my opinion MW2 is a major improvement over MW1, and everyone knows how critical I am of stuff like this. I'm not saying MW3 will be even better - in fact I'm quite sure that even if it IS better, we'll have to make sacrifices for it - but I don't see why we should discount it already. I mean, it's not made by Treyarch or anything :P .

I don't really know what exactly it is, but I never found MW2 to be even half as enjoyable as MW1 or any of my other games for that matter.

#14 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 15:13

http://kotaku.com/#!5770833/no-modern-...-site-is-a-hoax
Posted Image

#15 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 17:45

View PostCJ, on 26 Feb 2011, 3:00, said:

That.

Activision fired the 2 head guys so they wouldn't have to pay them royalty for making the fastest selling game ever. Then pretty much all of IW left, got hired by EA (which Activision sued EA over of course) and formed Respawn Entertainment.

Edited by SquigPie, 26 February 2011 - 17:45.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#16 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 19:16

View PostSquigPie, on 26 Feb 2011, 18:45, said:

That.

Activision fired the 2 head guys so they wouldn't have to pay them royalty for making the fastest selling game ever. Then pretty much all of IW left, got hired by EA (which Activision sued EA over of course) and formed Respawn Entertainment.

*facepalm*
I am talking about Infinity Ward (And most specifically Zampella and that other guy with him) suing Activision...

#17 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 20:17

View PostTehKiller, on 26 Feb 2011, 10:13, said:

This. I would have thought the crummy voice over, and quality of that site overall, would have given it away. Even if your opinion of the series is low, it's still a AAA release, and you shouldn't be under the impression they would produce something so poor.

Edited by Nem, 26 February 2011 - 21:22.

#18 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 26 February 2011 - 20:49

It's just going to be MW2 with shinier graphics and different guns.

That's it.
Formerly Sobek

#19 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 20:58

View PostCJ, on 26 Feb 2011, 20:16, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 26 Feb 2011, 18:45, said:

That.

*facepalm*
I am talking about Infinity Ward (And most specifically Zampella and that other guy with him) suing Activision...

How was I supposed to know which trial you where talking about?
Anyway, no idea.

EDIT: According to TvTropes:

...Less than a month after that, 38 of the 46 former Infinity Ward employees filed a suit against Activision alleging that the publisher had refused to pay them between $75 million to $125 million in royalties and bonuses as a way to strongarm them into working on Modern Warfare 3. The starting dates for these trials was slated for July 9, 2010, but has been rescheduled to May 23, 2011.

Edited by SquigPie, 26 February 2011 - 21:01.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#20 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 00:46

View PostSquigPie, on 26 Feb 2011, 21:58, said:

EDIT: According to TvTropes:

...Less than a month after that, 38 of the 46 former Infinity Ward employees filed a suit against Activision alleging that the publisher had refused to pay them between $75 million to $125 million in royalties and bonuses as a way to strongarm them into working on Modern Warfare 3. The starting dates for these trials was slated for July 9, 2010, but has been rescheduled to May 23, 2011.

Thanks for the info, I hope Activision gets a legendary sentence, something that would even lead to the company being forced to shut down (one can always dream...)

#21 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:21

View PostTehKiller, on 27 Feb 2011, 2:13, said:

There's some rumour going around that EA may have been responsible for that findmakarov thing - if they were; hats off to them for trolling everyone so hard.

Edited by deltaepsilon, 27 February 2011 - 01:22.

--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#22 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:32

I've resisted buying Blops and I can resist buying MW3.

And you know what turned me off the most from Black Ops, more than hearing about how bad connection is on PS3 and how boring it is?

Seeing the reload and firing animations for some guns. I've done a bit of a comparison between the Skorpion from Modern Warfare and the one from Black Ops, and while it doesn't look superb in Modern Warfare, it looks way better than in Black Ops.

#23 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:23

View PostAllStarZ, on 27 Feb 2011, 5:32, said:

I've resisted buying Blops and I can resist buying MW3.

And you know what turned me off the most from Black Ops, more than hearing about how bad connection is on PS3 and how boring it is?

Seeing the reload and firing animations for some guns. I've done a bit of a comparison between the Skorpion from Modern Warfare and the one from Black Ops, and while it doesn't look superb in Modern Warfare, it looks way better than in Black Ops.
Treyarch have always been horrible at animations compared to Infinity Ward, though. If it's because of that that you didn't buy BO and MW2, you missed out on MW2.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:48

Wow, the video they put up on that site is FRICKING AWESOME!

#25 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:02

This game will be incredibly noob-catered (not saying BF3 won't be either because of its multiplatformality) so yeah MW-rehash nr 3. Too bad they didn't go for a more daring approach, but I guess with the strong competition of BF3 all Activision's financial advisors could muster was ''milk!''

That being said about the game, I do think the live action stuff is awesome!

Edited by Shirou, 05 March 2011 - 10:05.

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users