101 replies to this topic

#76 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 24 January 2011 - 20:09

Whats wrong with the graphics anyways? it looks really cool to me

And "generic" doesn't exactly describe duke nukem cuz i don't recall them calling in SR71s or jumping in warthogs.

This is a DO want in my list me and my freinds played Duke nukem as kids all the time

#77 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 20:57

View PostKris, on 24 Jan 2011, 19:47, said:

So....you guys want to delay this game again due to the graphics? Seriously, Duke Nukem was delayed for this long BECAUSE of the graphics.

This, seriously, this.

Wonder WHY the game has been in develovepment for 12 years? Because the guys making it kept restarting every time a better engine came out!

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#78 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 19:29

Duke Nukem Forever delayed again. No, really. It's been delayed again.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#79 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 21:08

Well, atleast it's only for a month.

But still.
Posted Image

Oh, and a DN fan shared this vid on another site, as something to keep us entertained while we wait. Some Duke Nukem imposter drives a foulmouthed girl-gamer crazy:

Edited by SquigPie, 24 March 2011 - 21:36.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#80 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:23

Perhaps this article make easy understand why is delayed again.

The new Duke Nukem Forever release date raised a question around the PC Gamer US office: why is this game, which stars the quintessential American badass, is made by an American developer, and is published by an American company being released four days later in North America than internationally?

What gives? Don’t 2K and Gearbox know that Americans have grown accustomed to preferential treatment? Who are the conspirators behind this? We want names!

We asked 2K PR Manager Charlie Sinhaseni, and the answer is so simple that it’ll surprise you.

“We have a commitment to our fans to get the game out as early as possible, and every day counts. New games are available on Tuesday in North America, so we’re getting the game out as early as possible in this territory. The international markets do not adhere to this release timing, and it just happens that they will be able to release the game a few days before North America. We don’t want to hold it back, we want to get it into the hands of consumers as soon as possible,” says Sinhaseni.

So there you have it: it’s all the retail world’s fault. While it’s true that digital distribution knows no release schedule, big, powerful companies like Walmart and GameStop get their shipments of new games on Tuesdays, and don’t appreciate the online competition getting a head start. Publishers can ignore the wrath of the retailers at their own risk, of course, but in a climate where every game sale counts, it’s hard to blame them for going after those retail dollars.

Link: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/24/duke-nuk...ty-demystified/

Edited by MR.Kim, 25 March 2011 - 05:26.

#81 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:24

Heh, odd reason, but hopefully this is the final final delay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#82 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 01 April 2011 - 19:10

"Oh god what am I doing" ;P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#83 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 19:59

-del-

Edited by Kris, 27 February 2017 - 09:18.

#84 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 20:08

Ewww.... I hopefully wash his hands and so dirty. ;P

Edited by MR.Kim, 01 April 2011 - 20:09.

#85 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 20:10

Shit hit the fan there.

Literally.

YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Posted Image

#86 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:18

As sick at that was, I did have to ;P after seeing it.

#87 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 14:48

No but seriously.

WAT ;P
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#88 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 16:45

I don't know about fans of Duke Nukem but I'll surely not enjoy throwing shits around ;P Interesting though ;P

#89 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 16:53

Don't forget "Mature Contents" ;P

#90 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 03 April 2011 - 21:56

View PostMR.Kim, on 3 Apr 2011, 19:53, said:

Don't forget "manure Contents" ;P

;P fixed
Posted Image

#91 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:59

lol that is hilarious ;P. Anyways the gfx does feel like its based on the unreal engine.

#92 Sicarius

Semi-Pro

• 226 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 00:23

So after 13+ years of development, millions of dollars, numerous engine changes, and an entirely new developer to boot, we have finally achieved this milestone of gaming: HD poop-flinging action.
What an achievement. D8

Edited by Sicarius, 05 April 2011 - 00:24.

I've come face to face with myself, man.
Sanctify the early light just like the old man can, boy!
Change the world? You'd better change yourself, man/ boy/ man
Challenge the mind to be more like the rolling ocean, man!

#93 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:50

View PostSicarius, on 5 Apr 2011, 1:23, said:

So after 13+ years of development, millions of dollars, numerous engine changes, and an entirely new developer to boot, we have finally achieved this milestone of gaming: HD poop-flinging action.
What an achievement. D8

Posted Image

Sorry, it had to be done. D8

#94 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:15

View PostWizard, on 5 Apr 2011, 8:50, said:

View PostSicarius, on 5 Apr 2011, 1:23, said:

What an achievement. D8

Posted Image

Sorry, it had to be done. :xD:

+ This achievement cannot be achieved by others D8

#95 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 22:38

Reviews hated it, but GOD DAMN if I didn't enjoy it. Game was made of fun and entertainment.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#96 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 13 June 2011 - 16:55

View PostSquigPie, on 12 Jun 2011, 23:38, said:

Reviews hated it, but GOD DAMN if I didn't enjoy it. Game was made of fun and entertainment.

This. It has been ages since I laughed so much when playing a game :P
Posted Image

#97 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:50

View PostDutchygamer, on 13 Jun 2011, 18:55, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 12 Jun 2011, 23:38, said:

This. It has been ages since I laughed so much when playing a game :P

"Duke, here's some power armor (Power armor from Halo)"
"Power armor is for pussies!"
"Uuuh...Okay... Want a gun instead?"

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#98 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:14

View PostSquigPie, on 13 Jun 2011, 8:38, said:

Well it certainly didn't give the impression that those 12 years were well-spent. Haven't played it myself but a lot of the reviews are trashing the graphics, dull gameplay, and other particularly dated aspects of the game, and to be honest I don't think the aforementioned are merely opinion.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#99 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:31

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 14 Jun 2011, 8:14, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 13 Jun 2011, 8:38, said:

Well it certainly didn't give the impression that those 12 years were well-spent. Haven't played it myself but a lot of the reviews are trashing the graphics, dull gameplay, and other particularly dated aspects of the game, and to be honest I don't think the aforementioned are merely opinion.

Most of the bad aspects are for the console versions. PC lacks the long loading times and horrible graphics (although graphics still are outdated).

I found it good though. Kinda like Half Life 2. Only funny.

Edited by SquigPie, 14 June 2011 - 07:04.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#100 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:33

I played a game @ a friends place who got it on steam and the load times were certainly higher for me......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users