IT CAME FROM FREE TO PLAY!

49 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 23:44

After having played Team Fortress 2 almost every day since the Uber Update, I've run across a multitude of hilarious situations. I'm pretty sure other people have run into either aggravations or moments of ~super pro epic pwnage~ now that there's an influx of cannon fodder filling the servers. This is a thread for sharing those stories.

The Day the Medics Stood Still!

I was playing as RED on the Payload map on one of the stock VALVe servers. Being a shameless individual (and having just found The Splendid Screen), I decided it'd be best to go as a Demoman with an axe. When BLU came out of their spawn, I found out that half of the team was composed of Engineers who didn't understand how to place buildings, and the other half was composed of Medics who didn't understand that you have a syringe gun.

Long story short, we slaughtered them before they were even able to get the bomb to the first capture point. I found out that when you charge someone who's new with a melee weapon, they're liable to just stand there and watch you wail on them with a battleaxe.

Edited by Hobbesy, 27 June 2011 - 23:45.

#2 Killerratte

Amateur

• 135 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 23:59

If you really want to meet the unfiltered F2P n00b crowd, just go to any official valve servers, that's where most quicksearch players end up in.

The most obvious thing you'll see right now are all the horrible spies. They go to enemy engineers, stand there and look at the evil dispensers ... and they can't figure out what to do with them. They just stare, sometimes hit the building with a knife, only to get destroyed by the next sentry.

Then another time I met some dumbass who just yelled out right into the server: YEEEAAAH THE F2P TEAM JUST KICKED YOUR ASS. He was a Scout, he bragged about how he was the best scout ever and how he totally wooped everyones ass. He saw himself as "Scout God".

I destroyed him.

Edited by Killerratte, 27 June 2011 - 23:59.

#3 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 00:00

Team Fortress 2 isn't the only game recently stained by F2P and Microtransactions. They introduced MT in EVE Online. MT in a subscription based game.

Players actually rioted ingame in EVE :sly:

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 28 June 2011 - 00:03.

#4 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 00:02

That can't be as bad as the time I was defending on Gravel Pit. I was in the second story on the last point's tower, sitting on top of my dispenser with my level three sentry right next to me. I shit you not, six spies de-cloaked and tried to gang bang me to death right in front of a sentry.

It should be pretty obvious who won that round.

#5 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 28 June 2011 - 00:10

This explains me either getting stuck with an idiot team or fighting an idiot team or both. Did they even try the tutorial or offline practice?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#6 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:45

Had a Spy last time that complained why he was still visible while being cloaked and on fire... And he kept whining about it why the flames aren't invisible, and why the Pyro is the only hard counter. When I was typing a long answer, he made the 'funny' remark that I didn't reacted. I then proceeded to backstab his sorry ass a few times :sly:
He said he wasn't a F2P-er, but I and other ppl of my team dared to disagree...

Besides that single incident, it seems my favourite servers are still pretty F2P-free luckily.

Edited by Dutchygamer, 28 June 2011 - 08:47.

Posted Image

#7 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:57

View PostSgt. Rho, on 28 Jun 2011, 2:00, said:

Team Fortress 2 isn't the only game recently stained by F2P and Microtransactions. They introduced MT in EVE Online. MT in a subscription based game.

Players actually rioted ingame in EVE :sly:

Even worse is the Emails that got leaked, where the CEO kept bragging about how they where "reinventing video games".

80$ monocles is reinventing video games?

Anyway, I expect to play some TF2 after a long hiatus. Can't wait to see how bad things've gotten.

Edited by SquigPie, 28 June 2011 - 09:57.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#8 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:52

Heh, I've not met any large amounts of F2Pers on the servers I play...you guys are lucky, I'm glad to even get a kill, but you guys are massacring...
Posted Image

#9 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:22

i for one welcome the new batch of n00bs since i am not a too good tf2 player myself (yet) :sly:
it's time to wake up

#10 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 14:55

-del-

Edited by Kris, 26 February 2017 - 14:47.

#11 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 28 June 2011 - 15:15

View PostKris, on 28 Jun 2011, 17:55, said:

Free to play - The future of gaming

Tf2
Arma 2
Tribes: Ascend
The Hunter

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:06

And 90% of all other WoW Knockoffs.

#13 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:12

All free players.... they're so annoying(Mostly 10 or 12 years old children).

#14 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 28 June 2011 - 22:33

Ok this is pissing me off, the game keeps putting me on the losing team constantly. I'd join a game and within one minute the game will randomly throw me to the other team which is usually full of idiots who can't seem to hold a damn point for 5 seconds before getting rolled over.

Edited by Soul, 28 June 2011 - 22:33.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#15 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 29 June 2011 - 16:33

View PostSoul, on 28 Jun 2011, 23:33, said:

Ok this is pissing me off, the game keeps putting me on the losing team constantly. I'd join a game and within one minute the game will randomly throw me to the other team which is usually full of idiots who can't seem to hold a damn point for 5 seconds before getting rolled over.

Go to Spectate if possible.
Posted Image

#16 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 16:44

View PostSoul, on 28 Jun 2011, 23:33, said:

The best plan when playing with idiots is to try to play for personal goals rather than playing to win, Eg: As a spy, make a chain stab of 5. Not only does it help your team passively, it also stops you from being limited to just completing the objective.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#17 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 16:46

Was just in a server where one guy was complaining about how shit all the pyros were on both teams, (w+m1 noobs). One of the guys turned around to him and told him to get out his parents basement. Is this CoD now? I literally asked the guy if he had just come from playing CoD, and he was like "it's a completely different game and tbh I dont think much of this one" so I was like "why are you playing it then?" and he just left. This F2P bullshit has really destroyed some of the key elements of the game, like how non-hostile, fun loving and peaceful it's players are (or were). It's opened the gates to players expecting something much different out of the game and they aren't bringing much to it if I may say so. I'm finding myself top of the player tables on servers very often since this update, something that previous to this was quite rare for me, as I'm much more of an average level player.
Posted Image

#18 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 16:49

View PostNid, on 29 Jun 2011, 18:46, said:

how non-hostile, fun loving and peaceful it's players are (or were).
REALLY? Because personally I'd say the only shooter fans that are more annoying than CoD ones are TF2 ones :sly: .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 16:57

View PostChyros, on 29 Jun 2011, 17:49, said:

REALLY? Because personally I'd say the only shooter fans that are more annoying than CoD ones are TF2 ones :sly: .

I've played both games extensively in the past, and from personal experience I can easily say that CoD players are so much more hostile and abusive than TF2 players. TBF my CoD experience lies mainly in consoles, which may be the problem, but like from just today alone the only person I've come across as particularly abusive with feeble arguments and a seemingly poor IQ was a CoD player. Traits that arent always true of CoD players but I find are very common.

Edited by Nid, 29 June 2011 - 16:58.

Posted Image

#20 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 29 June 2011 - 16:57

View PostChyros, on 29 Jun 2011, 17:49, said:

After reading this statement, I can't actually think of a more annoying FPS fan than you right now... :sly:

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#21 Killerratte

Amateur

• 135 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:07

Posted Image

#22 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:21

To be honest, The worst players are in CoD-games. Never before have I met such hostile gamers. In TF2,BF,ET,Brink,etc... Players are actually FRIENDLY to each other, not blame them for cheating the minute you kill them... It's kinda sad

#23 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:23

You've never seen and met them then Wanderer, Youtube has PLENTY of 'em :xD:
Posted Image

#24 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:02

I really don't know what happened to the players between MW and MW2. In the first one they were still ok and some nice things were said. In MW2 however... I get it now why ppl want to mute the voice-chat in games...

#25 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:08

View PostWanderer, on 4 Jul 2011, 19:02, said:

I really don't know what happened to the players between MW and MW2. In the first one they were still ok and some nice things were said. In MW2 however... I get it now why ppl want to mute the voice-chat in games...

If I had the balls to say 'CoD is for players who have superiority complex, narcissism self-centeredness or to prove that they can kill people by pressing M1', I would. But I don't so I won't.

You see, TF2 and BF series rely on teamwork. That's...all I can say before getting some harsh comebacks from other members :xD:
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users