• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 14:35

View PostCJ, on 27 Jun 2011, 15:51, said:

View PostGolan, on 27 Jun 2011, 14:31, said:

View PostCJ, on 27 Jun 2011, 13:19, said:

View PostAlias, on 27 Jun 2011, 14:04, said:

View PostCJ, on 27 Jun 2011, 22:43, said:

If someone does something useful for me, I won't complain about it, whether he did that on purpose or not, for his own good or not.
How exactly is somebody else's personal information useful to you?

I was talking about their support to the revolution, even if they did it for themselves, which is what RaiDK said, it still was useful and anonymous earned the respect of many people with that.
I really don't understand this feeling. You of all people should know that someone "doing it for themselves" and helping you as a side effect is not a reason to trust them, but to worry about what happens if their goals and yours do not match. Many a dictator has gone through phases of appealing to the masses purely to advance their own goals and brutally changed when said goals didn't match with such a behavior anymore.

I didn't say that I trusted them, only that they earned the respect of many people (including me). And to be fairly honest, I don't see how a non-organized and leaderless group such as Anonymous could ever have goals which would differ from mine, unless I do become a dictator myself :sly:

Anonymous is like an angry as fuck, drunk swede. They have no goals, only means, and any second they may decide to fuck you over, if they found doing so funny.

Or well, they WOULD fuck you over if it wasn't for the fact that they're a bunch of moronic kids.

Offtopic: If you ever become a dictator, can I be your second in command?

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#27 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:55

Anonymous's latest target: A Sydney City Council?

Taking down corruption, one insignificant city council at a time. It must be so edgy to be Anonymous.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#28 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:47

View PostRaiDK, on 28 Jun 2011, 4:55, said:

Anonymous's latest target: A Sydney City Council?

Taking down corruption, one insignificant city council at a time. It must be so edgy to be Anonymous.

Funny how you're skipping the part about Zimbabwe files and only focusing on the insignificant city council which happens to be in your country.
EDIT: Also, I'd like to see you hack a simple altavista mail account...

Edited by CJ, 28 June 2011 - 04:48.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#29 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:21

EDIT: Also, I'd like to see you hack a simple altavista mail account...

Nope: I'm a software engineer, I choose to create instead of destroy. I don't need to tear down other people's work to feel like I've achieved something. What are your credentials?

Why on earth wouldn't I be focussed on the one that affected people in my own country? Council workers are hardly the despot agents of the so called corrupt governments of the world.

Edit: Antisec's latest victims include A small PC Case manufacturer. Go on, keep defending this group. I dare you.

Edit 2 (From their latest leak):

Our advice to you is to quit while you still can and turn on your commanding officers before you end up in our cross hairs next, because we're not stopping until every prisoner is freed and every prison is burned to the ground.

Just in case you still weren't too sure if the whole movement wasn't completely misguided/ignorante/insane.

Edited by RaiDK, 29 June 2011 - 14:13.

#30 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:45

If it wasn't LulzSec, it'd be another collective. Awareness has been raised. Now imagine if more opportunistic hackers had worked quietly, behind the scenes, issuing no press releases.

Now that the issue has been highlighted, something will be done.

Also, RaiDK, can you cite your source with a link when you quote?

#31 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 22:35

Ther Awareness is fine, but who knows how much collateral damage there'll be along the way.

Also that quote was from the torrent itself, which I'd rather not link to for obvious reasons.

#32 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 22:47

View PostRaiDK, on 28 Jun 2011, 6:21, said:

Edit: Antisec's latest victims include A small PC Case manufacturer. Go on, keep defending this group. I dare you.

Now you're just being silly. AntiSec is not a group, it's a movement. You're daring me to defend a movement? For your information, LulzSec has been disbanded, if you think this was their work. And Anonymous hasn't posted anything about this company.
Anyone can just pretend to be part of the AntiSec movement and conduct whatever attacks he wants to, but this is not the work of either Anon or Lulz.

View PostRaiDK, on 28 Jun 2011, 6:21, said:

Edit 2 (From their latest leak):

Our advice to you is to quit while you still can and turn on your commanding officers before you end up in our cross hairs next, because we're not stopping until every prisoner is freed and every prison is burned to the ground.

Just in case you still weren't too sure if the whole movement wasn't completely misguided/ignorante/insane.

I'd like to see your sources as well, if you don't want to post the torrent here, could you at least please send it via PM?

EDIT : Anonymous' twitter account : http://twitter.com/#!/AnonymousIRC
Maybe you should check if they're claiming attacks there before saying they did something?

Edited by CJ, 30 June 2011 - 22:49.

#33 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:40

http://m.gizmodo.com/5816604/antisec-slams...onal-data-spill

There's your source. With links to the original post which links to the torrent it came from.

And yeah, I am saying you need to defend this movement. You said it yourself: Anyone can do anything in the name of Anonymous.

The way I see it, Anonymous isn't being used like a group, movement or idea: It's basically used as an excuse to do things and not be held accountable. If I were to rob a bank and tag it as Antisec or Anonymous, does anyone have the authority to say I can't? Nope!

That being said, I do find it interesting that a 'movement' can have a Twitter account. Now that there are named members like the Lulzsec guy I'm really not seeing how anyone can still go along with the "We are all anonymous, we have no leader" mantra and not question who's calling the shots. Doesnt that go against the very nature of Anonymous? I believe such people used to be referred to as 'Namefags'

If you're posting on 4chan then sure, I'd say it is possible to still go with the whole anonymous thing. But as soon as you're using sites that require you to have an identifiable presense there's no way such a movement or group or whatever you like to call it can still be considered leaderless.

Edit: Another leak from Arizona:

We're doing this not only because we are opposed to SB1070 and the racist
Arizona police state, but because we want a world free from police, prisons and
politicians altogether.

So now all Police and Politicians are evil, gotcha.

http://m.gizmodo.com/5817317/anonymous-con...-arizona-police

Edited by RaiDK, 01 July 2011 - 05:11.

#34 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:55

View PostRaiDK, on 1 Jul 2011, 3:40, said:

http://m.gizmodo.com/5816604/antisec-slams...onal-data-spill

There's your source. With links to the original post which links to the torrent it came from.

Police officers who lock people up for decades, who get away with brutality and torture, who discriminate against people of color, who make and break their own laws as they see fit. We are making sure they experience just a taste of the same kind of violence and terror they dish out on an every day basis. Our advice to you is to quit while you still can and turn on your commanding officers before you end up in our cross hairs next, because we're not stopping until every prisoner is freed and every prison is burned to the ground.

The line you posted was out of context.

View PostRaiDK, on 1 Jul 2011, 3:40, said:

And yeah, I am saying you need to defend this movement. You said it yourself: Anyone can do anything in the name of Anonymous.

If you read what I wrote, I said anyone can do anything in the AntiSec movement. Anon might be leaderless, but they are organized in their attacks, and they post info on their official websites and twitter accounts.

#35 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:52

View PostCJ, on 1 Jul 2011, 15:55, said:

Police officers who lock people up for decades, who get away with brutality and torture, who discriminate against people of color, who make and break their own laws as they see fit. We are making sure they experience just a taste of the same kind of violence and terror they dish out on an every day basis. Our advice to you is to quit while you still can and turn on your commanding officers before you end up in our cross hairs next, because we're not stopping until every prisoner is freed and every prison is burned to the ground.

The line you posted was out of context.

What context is there to go from? It says plain and simple: They believe all police are evil, every prisoner is innocent and prisons have no reason to exist.

View PostCJ, on 1 Jul 2011, 15:55, said:

If you read what I wrote, I said anyone can do anything in the AntiSec movement. Anon might be leaderless, but they are organized in their attacks, and they post info on their official websites and twitter accounts.

So a loose, leaderless collective of whoevers, using a name anyone can grab and do anything with, has an appointed PR group? Really?

The AnonymousIRC account has even claimed "I'm not part of Anonymous, I'm just reporting what they're doing." Though I'd imagine his role has grown considerably since.

It's less "Anonymous did this" and more "People using the title of Anonymous did this" since the group is so fractured. I remember when Wikileaks was big every Tom, Dick and Harry were throwing up "Statements from Anonymous" on Youtube. Heck, I could throw one up right now and people would probably take it seriously.

#36 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 13:24

I don't think Anonymous is an actual "organisation", they're more random people that use the name whenever they hack someone.

Fucking anarchists with no basis in reality.... Yes, innocent people go to jail. But thinking everyone in jail is there because of their skincolor is moronic.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#37 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 13:42

a) Lulzsec released the BFH beta -accounts.
b) protecting the information stored on a server is a constant battle. You need to be updating the firewalls and configs all the time to make sure you are safe from the latest threats. Even if the whole SQL-injection is a considered an easy tactic to defend against, there are always new ways to do injections every day. It's alot of work to keep everything secure.

#38 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 13:48

View PostSquigPie, on 2 Jul 2011, 21:24, said:

I don't think Anonymous is an actual "organisation", they're more random people that use the name whenever they hack someone.

Fucking anarchists with no basis in reality.... Yes, innocent people go to jail. But thinking everyone in jail is there because of their skincolor is moronic.

The problem lies right there. Anonymous is anonymous, all of them. Anyone that claims to be a part of them just might be part of them. You'd simply never know.
And the scary part? Thinking the police is evil is pretty misguided, but some people are in jail because they did something that warranted it. If they are let out, where do they go? What do they do? Did they really think that everyone that is in jail is innocent and completely incapable of committing a crime?
I don't think so.
Even if Anonymous did lash out at the Malaysian government for blocking download sites, I simply cannot condone anyone who thinks in such a manner.

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#39 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 16:06

Just thought I'd post this here :
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2064....html?full=true

#40 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 17:28

It is hard for me to see myself as either. I am not trying to be a martyr. I'm not some cape-wearing hero, nor am I some supervillain trying to bring down the good guys. I'm just doing what I know how to do, and that is counter abuse.
Says it all for me really.

#41 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:53

Now if they wouldn't abuse their power and methods either, that could actually have been worth something.

Seriously, the only thing missing are actual casualties and they'd be a dead ringer for all that terrorism "we fight for the greater good" bullshit.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users