←  The Mapper's Guild

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Announcement [22/1/2007] THIS IS A WARNING

This topic is locked

Revan's Photo Revan 22 Jan 2007

Zancloufer, a newer member of this guild, has been temporary banned. Main reasons for this are constant, contentless posts, which didn't contribute anything and for trying to do things he isn't supposed to do instead of the things he's good at. Also, for a big lack of respect to the guild leaders. Keep in mind we're the leaders and that not without reason, if we say MOTM timeframe won't get enhanced, IT WON'T, if we say there should only be 1 dock a player on a map, it has a reason and we sure as hell know it better than somone who barley even plays online. I play a dev match every day at least once, if I get the opportunity, I know how balance works, what maps are fun to play, etc...
Hereby Zancloufer is banned from the guild, until we feel he improved, stopped making a lot of contentless posts and does show us respect.
This is a warning to every guild member. From now on, I do not want to see a single contentless post/reply, a single in topic chat between 2 people, etc... in this subforum. The spam CEASES NOW.
This is NOT A CHATROOM, for those who didn't know. If you do not accept rules, etc... discuss this on MSN. I also do not want any pure "This looks nice" comments, at least not before a product is finished. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to tell others their work is good, but please, be as critizising as possible, especially in WIP maps, it might seem rude to do that, but it is not. It will help others improve their maps, make them more enjoyable for others etc...
Edited by Revantheemperor, 25 January 2007 - 11:30.

Sic's Photo Sic 22 Jan 2007

I agree to this. Concerning : "Nice" or "Good" posts, I think there should be an all-over forum rule forbidding that.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 22 Jan 2007

For the love of God and all things Holy.

(This is NOT for the majority of you, and you know who you are)

Are the rules I devised not enough for you people? Looks like Revan, Ken, and I will have to devise a harsher system and more encompassing rules since not everyone seems to think we'll actually carry out punishment. I support this temporary ban.

Regards,

Major Nuker

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 22 Jan 2007

I think we have tolerated disrespect long enough now

Lord Atlantis's Photo Lord Atlantis 22 Jan 2007

Please keep in mind that a person may not have pics when they are just starting a map. So the criticism may have some slack cut there.

-Lord_Atlantis

Zancloufer's Photo Zancloufer 23 Jan 2007

1] I am really sorry about the spam.
2] I don't remember much of a chatroom by me resently, but nvm.
[also MSN no work :( ]
3] What got me was that it was a RULE. One supply dock per player as a suggestion is okay, but having two does not necessarily encourage turtling. You need two [semi]safe supplies per player. If there are two, they should be on opposite sides, but still somewhat safe. Now having two side by side, or three, well thats a different story. I'm not saying that every map should have two docks, but there is nothing wrong with two, IF placed right. I do play online a fair bit and know just as much about balance as
most of you. [sorry about the no rush comment]

One last thing, IF I complete my map, can I still submit my MOTM entry?
EDIT: [just remembered] Can you warn me NEXT time before the temp ban?
Edited by Zancloufer27, 23 January 2007 - 02:36.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 23 Jan 2007

Great.....now I feel like a tyrant. Time for ole Nuker to explain....again.

This sounds like it's up for interpretation, but the whole deal with the supply docks, is to prevent n00biness and curb the frequency of rushes and help to delay when those rushes occur. That notwithstanding, you can have 2 docks in the players area, but NOT near each other. If their at opposite corners from each other, that would be okay, but this shouldn't be on every map you make. Maybe on some of the larger maps, but on small(er) maps, it should be a rare occasion

Zan, not IF, but ONLY if you finish your map. Then, submit your MotM map. I don't think a ban should keep you out of the competition itself, but that would be up to Ken. Next time, I think a warn should be issued, unless it was, and you didn't see it. If that's the case, I can't help you there, and it falls on you then.

Regards,

Nuker

Sic's Photo Sic 23 Jan 2007

The disrespecting problem was the biggest. He had a bad attitude at the leaders mostly. When speaking to a leader use better speech. Not as if you're speaking to your minions.

Revan's Photo Revan 23 Jan 2007

There is no case I ever heared off that MSN did not work. It's probably you not being able to install it properly or not wanting to. I can help you with that, if you want, as MSN is crucial for guild communications.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 23 Jan 2007

I don't think a ban should keep you out of the competition itself, but that would be up to Ken.

Im not throwing him out

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 23 Jan 2007

I know that, but he was worried that he wouldn't be able to enter and I said that to calm him down.

Regards,

Nuker

Zancloufer's Photo Zancloufer 23 Jan 2007

This sounds like it's up for interpretation, but the whole deal with the supply docks, is to prevent n00biness and curb the frequency of rushes and help to delay when those rushes occur. That notwithstanding, you can have 2 docks in the players area, but NOT near each other. If their at opposite corners from each other, that would be okay, but this shouldn't be on every map you make. Maybe on some of the larger maps, but on small(er) maps, it should be a rare occasion

Oh, I thought Revran was making a rule that it HAD to be ONLY ONE supply dock. I probably was a little harsh. It was not so much the rule, but the reasons behind it. The discussion was a little heated, but things can get that way. I meant no disrespect to anyone. Was a misinturpentaion on both ends. For he MOTM thread, I didn't mean to put the [>:] smile, that wasn't a good ides...
I hope we all can forget this event in a few weeks.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 25 Jan 2007

We can if you behave your self properly against senior members.
This topic is locked