←  Entertainment

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Hancock

Admiral Wesley's Photo Admiral Wesley 19 Feb 2008

Look, I think you already know this, but there is this awful, AWFUL, AWFUL!!! movie with Will Smith in it called Hancock. I didn't pay attention to the trailer on Access Holywood, but it looks like it's about a bum named Hancock who has super-powers. I don't know what your opinion is, but so far, it looks horrible. It's not coming for a little while, so you have some time to prepare. I'm no sage, but I predict a grim future for movies. A new wave of B-Movies may be upon us. State your opinion here. I satated mine.

S.O.S *PLEASE CANCEL HANCOCK* S.O.S.

P.S. The thing that would KILL me would be a videogame based off Hancock. We are in an age where Power-Hungry movie companies vie to make as much money as possible with their movies. One way they do this is videogames. The worst thing is a crappy movie made into a crappy game. But, In my opinion, the game Looney Toons: Back in Action was not that bad.

Admiral Wesley's Photo Admiral Wesley 07 Mar 2008

No posts? Come on! I said for you to post your opinions!

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 07 Mar 2008

Bollocks, I want to see it. Looks rather funny and kind of spoof-ish on superheroes.

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 07 Mar 2008

I don't think this is necessarily a great example, but yes, I think movies are taking a serious turn for the worse.
~SLG

Admiral Wesley's Photo Admiral Wesley 08 Mar 2008

You said it, man!

I was in EB Games yesterday and opn the video monitor thedy were talikng about Kung Fu Panda and how there will be a game for KFP. (Suprise, Suprise.) Some townie was in there and he said, "OK, the movie's probably gonna be crap and the game is GONNA be crap." I responded by saing, "You said it man!" A crappy movie like Hancock or Kung Fu Panda will most likely make a video game out of it and The videogame is certainly gonna be crap. Put simply:
Crappy Movie + Game = Crappy game = Phail.

Shirou's Photo Shirou 08 Mar 2008

Don't act spoiled/worked up like you know it all and just watch the movie, it looks funny to me :P

Dauth's Photo Dauth 09 Mar 2008

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 7 Mar 2008, 0:31, said:

No posts? Come on! I said for you to post your opinions!

If we don't post we either agree or don't care, next time if a thread has died let it die in peace.

Admiral Wesley's Photo Admiral Wesley 09 Mar 2008

Yeah, I guess so. I MIGHT, MIGHT give this movie a chance but I dunno. For now, I am expecting Plan 9 From Outer Space with this one.

Cuppa's Photo Cuppa 09 Mar 2008

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 9 Mar 2008, 11:03, said:

Yeah, I guess so. I MIGHT, MIGHT give this movie a chance but I dunno. For now, I am expecting Plan 9 From Outer Space with this one.

So bad that its good?

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 09 Mar 2008

No, I'm getting the impression he thinks it's so bad, he'll watch it to see just how "bad" it really is.

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 09 Mar 2008

Screw you, the trailer made me laugh. It looks funny. I'm going to go watch it.
Really whats your problem with the movie? Is a bum having superpowers against your religion or something?
You really can't call it awful either when all you've seen is the trailer.
Edited by Lizzie-DS, 09 March 2008 - 21:08.

kanan's Photo kanan 09 Mar 2008

hey Lizzie-DS long time no see. anyways ways people having opinions on a movie before they have even seen said movie is pretty lame. if you want to make assumptions then that is fine but it is pretty ignorant. a 2 minute low res. movie trailer is not the whole movie people. however if it is more to do with not liking a particular actors movies then do not see any films by them or bother to comment on them as your opinion will be biased/scewed anyways. for what its worth i like most of what Will Smith does film-wise and i will be going to watch this movie in the cinema. just like i did with i am legend, which i thought was great inspite of most of the film just concentrating on Will Smiths character and his survival as a lone human in a world full of virus mutated non-humans. it was original and well made and it was a good story. if anyone is offended by this post and what i have said i do apologise but i am only giving my opinions on a topic and was not posting to attack or otherwise incite someone. it just annoys me when people say things that are not based on actual events or undeniable truth.
Edited by kanan, 09 March 2008 - 21:47.

DreadNot's Photo DreadNot 09 Mar 2008

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 8 Mar 2008, 10:12, said:

You said it, man!

I was in EB Games yesterday and opn the video monitor thedy were talikng about Kung Fu Panda and how there will be a game for KFP. (Suprise, Suprise.) Some townie was in there and he said, "OK, the movie's probably gonna be crap and the game is GONNA be crap." I responded by saing, "You said it man!" A crappy movie like Hancock or Kung Fu Panda will most likely make a video game out of it and The videogame is certainly gonna be crap. Put simply:
Crappy Movie + Game = Crappy game = Phail.

Have you ever tried just not caring?

View PostAftershock, on 8 Mar 2008, 16:53, said:

Don't act spoiled/worked up like you know it all and just watch the movie, it looks funny to me :locky:

Agreed.

Nid's Photo Nid 09 Mar 2008

View Postkanan, on 9 Mar 2008, 21:42, said:

hey Lizzie-DS long time no see. anyways ways people having opinions on a movie before they have even seen said movie is pretty lame. if you want to make assumptions then that is fine but it is pretty ignorant. a 2 minute low res. movie trailer is not the whole movie people. however if it is more to do with not liking a particular actors movies then do not see any films by them or bother to comment on them as your opinion will be biased/scewed anyways. for what its worth i like most of what Will Smith does film-wise and i will be going to watch this movie in the cinema. just like i did with i am legend, which i thought was great inspite of most of the film just concentrating on Will Smiths character and his survival as a lone human in a world full of virus mutated non-humans. it was original and well made and it was a good story. if anyone is offended by this post and what i have said i do apologise but i am only giving my opinions on a topic and was not posting to attack or otherwise incite someone. it just annoys me when people say things that are not based on actual events or undeniable truth.

Off Topic:
I like you, you have a Dark Angels signature, and what appears to be, in your avvy as well.

Admiral Wesley's Photo Admiral Wesley 10 Mar 2008

OK! Look, I didn't pay attention to the trailer, but a bum with superpowers? OK, come on. Apparently, someone overlooked this in Concept Approval (Does that even exist?) But for now, I am going to think it's crap. Sure looks like it.

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 10 Mar 2008

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 9 Mar 2008, 21:17, said:

OK! Look, I didn't pay attention to the trailer, but a bum with superpowers? OK, come on. Apparently, someone overlooked this in Concept Approval (Does that even exist?) But for now, I am going to think it's crap. Sure looks like it.

And whats wrong with a bum with super powers? Seriously, elaborate on what bothers you so much about it?

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 10 Mar 2008

Actually, this one looks like its going to be pretty funny. I think his general point was that the movie industry as a whole is going downhill, but I dunno. This seems like a movie I'll see with my friends.
~SLG

EDIT: Woot. 800th post!
Edited by The Swimmer, 10 March 2008 - 01:40.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 10 Mar 2008

He could be a bum, but then again, it looks like he has a house to live in. Maybe he just doesn't care? It's a different take on a superhero, or at least one that thumbs his nose at the status-quo for what people think of a traditional "super hero". Open up your mind to a new concept every once in a while and stop being such a bloody stick in the mud.

The movie does look funny and I venture to guess it'll do quite well on the opening week at the box office. Consider my words marked.

kanan's Photo kanan 10 Mar 2008

im with you on this Major Nuker. films that are original or at least try something new are to be welcomed in a world full of films with gun wielding action heros and concurrent identical looking romantic comedies. im sure the movie will be fun and i really want to catch it in the cinema. a good excuse to grab a bunch of friends and go see this at your local multiplex. let the good times roll.

completely off topic
@ Nidmeister, yah im a big Warhammer 40K fan. and i collect a Dark Angel/Fallen Dark Angel army. i have been in the hobby since i was 9 and back then we used to play Warhammer Fantasy Battle 1st edition. im 30 now so you do the maths lol. it has been a long time and a great deal of fun.

i recently got Dark Heresy which is the new Warhammer 40,000 Role Play system. i was lucky i got 2 copies of the game rules and a few extras such as the Game Masters Kit and the Character Record Journal. best buy ever as the game was sold out on pre-order.
its been 20 years since Rogue Trader and this is the spiritual successor to it though its an RPG and not a table top wargame.

everything in Warhammer 40K owes its origins to that amazing rules system. and finally your suspicions about my avatar must be put to rest. it is indeed Cypher. the lost and the thrice damned and the quote is one i made up.

" i am an angel with broken wings, i fell so far but i did not die."

its a reference to something personal and also about Cypher as a former Dark Angel who now roams the galaxy of 40K sowing distrust as well as creating chaos and confusion wherever he goes. though in his wake and due to the conflicts he is involved in, the Imperium of man becomes stronger. it is also rumoured he carries the sword of Lion El'Jonson himself. the one that was broken in two, at the fall of Caliban when Luther and fully half the Chapter betrayed the Lion and the remaining Dark Angels Legion.

even though to the Dark Angels, the Fallen are considered enemies of the Chapter and the Imperium. i still think that Cypher and those Fallen that rally to his cause are fighting for the Emperor and seek his forgiveness. after all those who fall from grace often strive the hardest.

anyways good to know you.
Edited by kanan, 10 March 2008 - 11:40.

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 10 Mar 2008

View PostMajor Nuker, on 9 Mar 2008, 22:28, said:

He could be a bum, but then again, it looks like he has a house to live in. Maybe he just doesn't care? It's a different take on a superhero, or at least one that thumbs his nose at the status-quo for what people think of a traditional "super hero". Open up your mind to a new concept every once in a while and stop being such a bloody stick in the mud.

The movie does look funny and I venture to guess it'll do quite well on the opening week at the box office. Consider my words marked.

Aye aye at that. Nice to see a movie try something DIFFERENT rather then stick with the overused, glorified, 'all around GREATEST GUY IN THE WORLD' view on super heroes.

I mean if you don't like the movie, then fine. But state reasons for WHY you don't and don't try to campaign to get it boycotted/canceled. That just makes you look like a senseless bigot.

Nid's Photo Nid 10 Mar 2008

View Postkanan, on 10 Mar 2008, 4:15, said:

and i collect a Dark Angel/Fallen Dark Angel army.

gack...
agckkk
*gasm*
I now love you.

And rest assured, I know the story of the Fallen :P
The truths and falses behind them, and I'm aware of their loyalties :dope:

kanan's Photo kanan 11 Mar 2008

Major Nuker & Lizzie-DS i couldnt have put it better myself.

Nidmeister youre making me blush dude! lol. awesome another Warhammer 40,000 uber geek like me ~grins~ can it get any better???
Edited by kanan, 11 March 2008 - 05:20.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 11 Mar 2008

Doesn't look to bad to me. But I fear it may have a cheesey ending.

Admiral Wesley's Photo Admiral Wesley 13 Mar 2008

I bet the ENTIRE movie will be cheesy.

But not as cheesy as those CnC FMVs.

But, you are kind of right in saying that this movie is branching out from SUPERDUDE style movies making the guy a bum, Lizzie-DS.
Edited by General Wesley, 13 March 2008 - 19:28.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 13 Mar 2008

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 13 Mar 2008, 19:20, said:

I bet the ENTIRE movie will be cheesy.

I love movies like that, so bad they can't have micktakes of them.

All i can say is, Cheesy Movies FTW!!