←  The Mapper's Guild

Fallout Studios Forums

»

ZOMBIES!!!!!

This topic is locked

Flechette?'s Photo Flechette? 04 Mar 2008

Crowbar or monkey wrench are commonly agreed to be the best anti zombie melee weapons. Chainsaws came a fatal second. The shotgun idea is awesome but it can't be that weak-ass fundamentalist shotgun, that weapon is a disgrace to it's sound.

Nuke General's Photo Nuke General 04 Mar 2008

Wow, this is so incredibly stupid that it's funny, yeah I wouldn't mind seeing this! :P

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 04 Mar 2008

Why the hell is this in my main page..... and why is crap like this always moved to the MG. Next time move it to SYD instead :P

Zancloufer's Photo Zancloufer 04 Mar 2008

Actually, I think he's Serious about a Zombie map, and it got moved here, cause they think it's the Mapper Guild's Prob then .

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 04 Mar 2008

He's entirely serious (I think). This could be sort of like the ant missions in Ra1.
~SLG

Comr4de's Photo Comr4de 04 Mar 2008

I moved it here since its a potential idea, and not a bad one at that. Would be somewhat like a minigame. Like I stated before I created such map for RA2 and hell, if someone puts in the effort and creates a new model with the code ready, I'd have a blast making a map for it.

Nid's Photo Nid 04 Mar 2008

I might actually take this concept. it sounds fun. Is there any way to use ini-code to import any type of Zombie in a map?

Zancloufer's Photo Zancloufer 05 Mar 2008

You'd need a modeled/aminated zombie though . . .

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 05 Mar 2008

I dont see the sense of it? It cant be done without a zombie model, and as you all know we are NOT modellers.

Waris's Photo Waris 05 Mar 2008

Jeez, lighten up. It's not that people outside the guild can't help with things the Guild are not going to do.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 05 Mar 2008

Im thinking absolutely clear Wariz, even you most see this is doomed to fail from the beginning. We make standard multiplayer map, a singleplayer map once in a while and yeah sometime we make a fun map. But those maps are limited to what SAGE and The Hunter or other mods give us in that matter, we dont make other stuff besides maps because the group itself is big enough as it is.

Sorry if I sounded a tad rough :P

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 05 Mar 2008

all in all this is a good idea that could be used some how in the suggestion in http://forum.cncrene...showtopic=22011 hl_world wants more from the campaign mode and could be a bonus mission or somethin
and if and when this idea becomes reality and is made can i have royalties ie my name to pop up in the map at the start? :P

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 05 Mar 2008

Heres a suggestion for the zombie models....you could use civie models (which are slowed down a bit and edited AP and HP) until u dont get a real zombie model

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 05 Mar 2008

yer also different types of zombies like your standard one that bites and scratches and one that vomits/spits acid or somethin to damage vehicles the rpg trooper equivalent for a zombie and zombie dogs maybe

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 12 Mar 2008

also the mission could start off by having col. burden with 2 marines 2 rangers and a missile defender start off as a recon into a town that has a Michel Jackson concert in town preforming thriller and the recon comes under attack in a small area like a market place or somethin and the get saved by police and swat and are taken to the cop station then u can start the mission and can build police officers and swat officers and a swat guy like the missile defender inequivalent that has a tear gas gun or somethin and you can build police car and swat vans and have access to a police choppa and you have and you have to destroy Dr. Thraxes lab and a side mission you dont have to do but you have 2 defend the MJ concert from zombies cuz zombie in thriller concert= shit load of zombies attacking the cop station. and during the mission you cant loose col. burden cuz it could make a mission fail or he turns into a zombie and is really hard to kill cuz or his machine gun.

i would think the in building units the cop would just have a handgun with shotgun purchasable upgrade or somethin and swat have MP5s and some upgrade or somethin.
and some other build able unit like a swat tank thats got a water cannon or detectives or somethin.
an as for resource gathers i think that using civilians like people builders would be just like gla workers
other side missions to stop zombies would be defend shopping centers and hospitals and stuff
something funny would be when u click on MJ (Michel Jackson) he would say lines from thriller on every click and u see him doing the moon walk and twists and what not on stage.

Nid's Photo Nid 12 Mar 2008

Well we do have limits with what we can do, I started work, I was looking at it bieng Just colnel burton fighting his way out, or leading a small group of survivors out of the city infested with Zombies.
Edited by Nidmeister, 12 March 2008 - 16:04.

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 14 Mar 2008

huh? u started work as in makeing the map? but yer i knew there would be limits on what could be done but im just putting ideas and sort of a story line in lol

Nid's Photo Nid 17 Mar 2008

yep, I started work, but don't expect it any time soon, it's a large order :P

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 18 Mar 2008

SWEEET :) i wount be able to sleep now and a quick q do i get credit on it? and doest it become a browine point on my Application to be an adviser?

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 18 Mar 2008

You'll probably get a little credit, and perhaps some brownie points on your application. However, it will be Nid's map. Also- about the PM you sent me, can we talk on MSN or something?
~SLG

nova's Photo nova 24 Mar 2008

pleas will some one tell me how to get the dinosaur mission

Kichō's Photo Kichō 24 Mar 2008

View Postnova, on 24 Mar 2008, 0:53, said:

pleas will some one tell me how to get the dinosaur mission

This site should explain:

http://forums.cncnz....?showtopic=1338

WNxAbraxix's Photo WNxAbraxix 27 Jun 2008

i like this idea and for you lot who say its isent going to be made or sounds rubbish well tbh u can just not play it and leave the gamers who want to to download it .

nip's Photo nip 27 Jun 2008

Stop your necro-shit, WNxAbraxix.

WNxAbraxix's Photo WNxAbraxix 27 Jun 2008

wtf so all ideas just go outta the window when no more have been here?

and please dont swear out me ffs or ill start

and really im not sad to keep checking dates so stfu
This topic is locked