←  Other art

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Camille's drawings...

Camille's Photo Camille 24 Sep 2008

i just noticed the second and third page are stupidly downscaled... to see them in full glory, check my deviantart page.

Deviantart

Stinger's Photo Stinger 24 Sep 2008

I really like your sketchy, yet clean style. Love it.

Another thing I will say: this thread hasn't received nearly as many replies as it deserves.

Nid's Photo Nid 24 Sep 2008

View PostStinger, on 24 Sep 2008, 18:43, said:

I really like your sketchy, yet clean style. Love it.

Another thing I will say: this thread hasn't received nearly as many replies as it deserves.

+1 reply because you are fucking awesome, Ka1000!

ah well, i try to be modest but... thanks :P

edit: quick update.

more sketchbook goodness.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by ka1000, 24 September 2008 - 19:11.

Dr. Knickers's Photo Dr. Knickers 24 Sep 2008

Man, your drawings are just so damn impressive :P

That armored thing that you started to draw looks like something I'd love to see finished. Let me know if you wanna collab on a project or something :P

some more shizzle peeps.

@ Nick: yeah, in what way?? :P

Posted Image
COLOURS
Posted Image

Dauth's Photo Dauth 24 Sep 2008

These look like the sort of things you see in the Monster Manual for DnD, keep it up man.

Dr. Knickers's Photo Dr. Knickers 24 Sep 2008

Like you could model that concept, I can UV it, you can skin it, I can animate it or something along those lines. I just think that armor concept is just way too cool to leave as a drawing :P

Nem's Photo Nem 24 Sep 2008

View PostDr. Nick, on 24 Sep 2008, 17:59, said:

Like you could model that concept, I can UV it, you can skin it, I can animate it or something along those lines. I just think that armor concept is just way too cool to leave as a drawing :unsure:

Sounds like something that could be done for that other project you guys work on :P

Nid's Photo Nid 24 Sep 2008

View PostNem, on 24 Sep 2008, 23:24, said:

View PostDr. Nick, on 24 Sep 2008, 17:59, said:

Like you could model that concept, I can UV it, you can skin it, I can animate it or something along those lines. I just think that armor concept is just way too cool to leave as a drawing :unsure:

Sounds like something that could be done for that other project you guys work on :P

Which one?
OHHH!!!
That one.
;)

Camille's Photo Camille 25 Sep 2008

@nick: the thing is, i really can't model that good enough.... vehicles are no problem but organic shapes are a real pain.

if you'd like to model some of my concepts on the other hand, feel free :P

@niddy: i demand explanations =)

General's Photo General 27 Sep 2008

Drawing sketches, now thats what I really like :D you got skill and have the ability to improve it as I see ka1000, these sketches look good, please keep up the good work :P

And these sketches probably tells more about your characteristic than a completed piece, I personally like all the good artists' sketch works more and learn from them :D

Camille's Photo Camille 27 Sep 2008

i completely agree with you on that :P

i myself prefer raw sketches and studies much more than an actual finished/coloured work.

Camille's Photo Camille 01 Oct 2008

updating.

schoolwork :P
Posted Image
possible maturity warning?? meh posting anyway...
Posted Image

the girl with the huge sword is coming stinger :D

EDIT: here it is :D coloured... ill post the lineart if you like.

Posted Image

c&c welcome.
Edited by ka1000, 01 October 2008 - 18:23.

Alias's Photo Alias 02 Oct 2008

My main criticism is you need to compress those, just that post is 5mb worth of images (use a 85% quality JPG instead of PNG).

Art wise, they are very nice. You have a very eccentric and different style which is welcome in art, as seeing rehashes of the same things is pretty bland.
Edited by Alias, 02 October 2008 - 06:04.

Camille's Photo Camille 02 Oct 2008

JPG gives CRAP imaging :dope:

i don't post much but when i post, i want it to be good. and jpg format just looks horribly crappy... i'd rather have people see it the way it's meant to be.

@alias: i kow what you mean... if i could give an example i would say manga is about one of the most overrated and overdone artforms.

With a high-quality JPG you can't tell the difference.
Edited by Alias, 02 October 2008 - 10:39.

but I can, and it irritates me a LOT.

sorry, i guess im a purist on that kind of things.

Posted ImagePosted Image

One is 2.2mb, one is 400kb. They both look the same.

Waris's Photo Waris 02 Oct 2008

I agree. They looked the same.

okay but that picture is very stupidly resized... on a full-size one like the girl im pretty sure it does make a difference.

anyway, if you just want me to spare your bandwidth, just say so :dope:
Edited by ka1000, 02 October 2008 - 13:45.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 02 Oct 2008

IIRC photobucket has a very good jpeg converter, it does bitmaps for you automatically.

General's Photo General 02 Oct 2008

You are going on the right path I think Ka1000, its a pleasure to check your sketches :P Keep up them please :/

Stinger's Photo Stinger 03 Oct 2008

I'm strangely reminded of the girl from The Fifth Element. Interesting choice of apparel. Maybe you'll be a fashion designer some day. 8|

Also glad to hear you've found Claymore. Do check out the manga aswell. I think you'll really dig the artwork.
Edited by Stinger, 03 October 2008 - 22:33.

Warbz's Photo Warbz 03 Oct 2008

Your stuff is amazing, so rough and inaccurate yet well defined. It's bizarre.