←  Role Playing Games

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Fallout 3: What is your favorite weapons?

amazin's Photo amazin 25 Jun 2009

double barrel does kick ass, but those new enemies in point look are so tough its rediculous, little inbred tribals wearing rags can take about 30 more bullets than well trained soldiers in power armor

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 28 Jun 2009

allon, on 10 Jun 2009, 7:34, said:

Victory Rifle all the way. got sneak skill 100 and lot's off .308 ammo so i just sneak toward the enemie and when i got a clear view of his face i pull out my big sodding gun and blow the bastard into pieces. pretty badass along with the sniper/bloody mess perk

Ja definitely.

Although if your like me and have gotten pretty much everything and only play with god mode on :D, then the Gauss Rifle is awesome, cause it doesn't need to reload when you have inf. VATS.

I personally found all the weapons in Point Lookout rather 'meh'.

If only they added more cool weapons in, like a grenade launcher or something.
Edited by NergiZed, 28 June 2009 - 19:15.

amazin's Photo amazin 28 Jun 2009

the only grenade laucher they have is the miss launcher

but i think that the lever action rifle is REALLY tough for only using 10mm ammo, and double barrel is toughest shotgun per-shot, so if you are fighting weaker enemies like ghouls, and have grim reaper's sprint, you can take on quite a few at once

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 28 Jun 2009

I've barely started playing this game and I must say I love the melee weapons. That said after trying my brother's advanced game, nothing is more fun than the Dismemberer or the Mauler.

amazin's Photo amazin 29 Jun 2009

the mauler and jingwei's sword are probably the best melee

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 29 Jun 2009

Indeed. If sneak attack, give more high ctritical damage.

MentalAss's Photo MentalAss 01 Aug 2009

Ol' Painless hands down. With the abundance of Hunting Rifles and .32 caliber ammo, it's the mainstay of my killing force and the first gun I make sure to get. The fact that it reloads twice as fast as regular rifles is just...icing. Second, would be The Reservist's Rifle, even if .308 cal ammo is hard to come by and only has a three round magazine, but it packs a bigger punch than the Victory Rifle.

Well to be honest, almost all of my on person weaponry consist of uniques. Going clockwise from the top left (on the quick select menu) would look like:
1. Dart Gun
2. Silenced 10mm
3. Lincoln's Repeater
4. Ol' Painless
5. The Reservist's Rifle
6. a regular Missile Launcher
7. The Terrible Shotgun
8. Xuanlong Rifle
Edited by MentalAss, 01 August 2009 - 19:01.

Ixonoclast's Photo Ixonoclast 01 Aug 2009

Any heavy weapon with a backpack is good.

Along with power armour... makes me feel like a space marine Devastator.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 03 Aug 2009

MR.Kim, on 29 Jun 2009, 18:35, said:

Indeed. If sneak attack, give more high ctritical damage.

Combined with the Chinese Stealth Suit, the Shock Sword feels like a cheat. I have found that due to my character's high level of sneakiness (>_>) it is possible to strike enemies without fear of retaliation from nearby allies.

Personal favourite weapons are:

For long range attacks: The Gauss Rifle from Operation Anchorage. I love the felling effect it has on enemies. Epic when used in conjunction with V.A.T.S.

For everything else - mid to close range -
Spoiler
Plasma Rifle is great for dispatching the toughest enemies and reducing them to a steaming pile of goo.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 14 Aug 2009

Backwater Rifle, With the right stats and perks, you can make really nasty crits (due to the 5x crit multiplier). Unlike its cousin Lincoln's Repeater, which uses the rare and expensive .44 Magnum bullets, its uses the easy-to-get and cheap 10mm Bullets.