←  Media Section

Fallout Studios Forums

»

USA media update 08

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 21 Feb 2009

Here is the missile system that brought Russia to the war.
See you soon :confused:

Attached File(s)

JJ's Photo JJ 21 Feb 2009

What role does it play in-game? Artillery? Superweapon?

:confused:
This is air shield system

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 21 Feb 2009

Hey, THAAD! Awesome, glad to see it gets a day in the sun, and looking lovely at that. What types of aerial targets can it engage - I'm assuming aircraft and ballistic missiles? And if so to the latter, can it defend against a Topol?
My only problem would remain the same from the Beam Truck weapon, but we've already gone over that one.
Edited by CommanderJB, 21 February 2009 - 13:37.

Yes your windows problem :confused:
No this system can't stop Topol or iskander but will be very effective against other ballistic missiles.
Also it will be and anti aircraft

Anubis's Photo Anubis 21 Feb 2009

Excelent model and skin ... although i think the launcher needs a few more details on. It is way to simple and look rather boring. But overall a good update.
Edited by Anubis, 21 February 2009 - 15:45.

edsato82's Photo edsato82 21 Feb 2009

Is brilliant, it is the equivalent to the S-300?

TunguskaM1's Photo TunguskaM1 21 Feb 2009

Thats certainly a very nice unit!

Whitey's Photo Whitey 21 Feb 2009

I modeled this baby a long time ago for some other thing that I don't remember. Always wanted to see the THAAD ingame. :confused:

Great work, but it really is a bit symmetrical.

-Rorschach

partyzanpaulzy's Photo partyzanpaulzy 21 Feb 2009

It has style. 8|

WNxMastrefubu's Photo WNxMastrefubu 22 Feb 2009

awesome unit dude. does it do one missle at a time then reload?

KinDrΣd's Photo KinDrΣd 22 Feb 2009

sweet.. looks cool.. did you design it?

Whitey's Photo Whitey 22 Feb 2009

Posted Image

Alias's Photo Alias 22 Feb 2009

View PostRorschach, on 22 Feb 2009, 16:02, said:

Posted Image
Naughty Boidy!

On topic: great work as always, Alexei. I look forward to more. 8|
Edited by Alias, 22 February 2009 - 05:10.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 22 Feb 2009

Pretty cool. Although the texture is a little bit bland. But it is nice to see the THAAD in a game. =)

Alexei_Stukov's Photo Alexei_Stukov 22 Feb 2009

It is mostly anti missile system. But it will be good against aircrafts too.

Shirou's Photo Shirou 22 Feb 2009

Throw that in another topic man. It deserves it. Awesome.

And I agree that on the missile launcher of the above unit, it needs some more details.

Like this:

Posted Image

If you'd make the launcher like that it would really look better.
Edited by Aftershock, 22 February 2009 - 13:04.

I can add more details to the missile pod elevator but to chassis I think I don't need 8|

Lucid's Photo Lucid 22 Feb 2009

it's for the US, right?

Destiny's Photo Destiny 22 Feb 2009

Yep...probably. The way Alex said it in the first topic would usually mean that it was the system that Russia utilized to enter the war...

...instead of the system that forced Russia to go to war due to its existence threatening the Russian blablablas. 8|

Might be wrong though.

I think everyone who knows about the USA missile shield plans understood me 8|

Anubis's Photo Anubis 22 Feb 2009

View PostAlexei_Stukov, on 22 Feb 2009, 15:14, said:

I can add more details to the missile pod elevator but to chassis I think I don't need 8|

It's not the elevator that needs more details. It's the missile launcher system itself. It has absolutly no texture detail on it except for the color. I think adding something else would make it alot less boring ... .

Boring? No texture detail????
How are you with the eyes :P
I think for game like generals is good if you don't like it, I can't help you my friend. Or if you wish you can make better one 8|

Jazzie Spurs's Photo Jazzie Spurs 22 Feb 2009

What they mean is, the missile launcher, uses a texture that have not details. Not the chassis, just the weapons module. 8|

Anubis's Photo Anubis 22 Feb 2009

My eyes work verry well tks for the question. But you must also try to learn to accept critissism from time to time ( don't take it personaly but you really don't enjoy it when someone says that something can be improved about your models ). I simply said that the launcher has a big lack of details, because except for the shape lines there is absolutly no other detail. Like me others said the same things. If you like it the way it is right now say it like that, but do not deny something that is rather obvios. As i said the model and texture is verry good, the launcher simply has no detail on it ( launcher = just the missile pods not the whole model ). If you don't like critissism at all ( because this is not the first time you behave like this when someone says something about your work ) just say it and we won't ( at least i will not ) say anything critiq again.