←  Website

Fallout Studios Forums

»

News on the front page instead of a welcom...

The_Hunter's Photo The_Hunter 15 Apr 2009

http://www.cncreneclips.com/

Right now it has a welcome page which i personaly think is more suited as a about page on the panel and the front page should show all the news sorted by date and perhaps split the news into a new page after X ammount of news posts.

Not only would this make news more accesable i think this would make the main website more apealing to alot of other users if it included community news aswell as updates on mods and C&C Games.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 15 Apr 2009

This is an excellent idea, would need Bob to comment on feasibility of the changes but I suspect it can be done.

thanks Dauth i would also like to vollenteer to be one of the news posters incase there is need.
Edited by The_Hunter, 15 April 2009 - 20:29.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 15 Apr 2009

I don't think updates for the modifications will get a lot of space on the front page, however some space is certainly warranted. We have discussed this and I think we arranged that all Project leaders can post news in the modification news section anyway.

For mods we could just post a small update and then link them to the full update on the forum/mod website

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 16 Apr 2009

We already have a news page which shows all the news and it splits the news after x articles, just like you described, which can be found here. As for changing the main page to be completely dedicated to news, I don't really like that idea, I would like to keep the other areas on there too (i.e. Downloads, Tutorials and some other sections that are in development). I know what you mean about the welcome message being more of an about me page, so I'll take that into consideration. :sly:

Mod leaders are already capable of adding news about their mod(s) to the website, unfortunately most do not take this opportunity.

The_Hunter's Photo The_Hunter 16 Apr 2009

i'm not saying i want to get the mod updateso n the front page just having news displayed by default will increase the website views and purpose as afaik right now anyone in this community goes traight onto the forums ( i know i do and i'm sure others do).
And i'm also aware of the presence of a current news system and page but it's not updated often adn the sheer fact that it's not displayed on the front page is a big shame ontop of that the generic welcome page is something you only read once while the news is something you could want to read/check everyday.

You may ignore this idea but if you do your also leaving a valuable source of potential site/forum visitors or even possible new hostees untapped.
I personaly would find that a rather big dissapointment if that would happen.
Edited by The_Hunter, 16 April 2009 - 15:34.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 16 Apr 2009

Bob and I have just been talking about it on MSN. We'll all have a mull over about what to do with the website in this regard. Don't forget it's a constantly ongoing and evolving process right now and nothing is crystalised.