←  Other art

Fallout Studios Forums

»

My Vehicle Concepts

Sgt. Shidner's Photo Sgt. Shidner 06 May 2009

I get bored in class so i just doodle and my doodles come up as these:

Posted Image

I made this up to be a sort of multitasking infantry support vehicle. It is the Modular Combat Enforcer. Cheap and able to be produced in large numbers, it can be adapted to a number of different tasks including anti-air, anti-tank and mortar support.

Next is the M85 'Kennedy' MBT:
Posted Image

The M85 was made to combat the massive soviet tank fleets but at the same time, provide limited support in other areas hence the two modular weapons emplacements on its turret.

The last for today is my concept of the XF-40 'Predator' Advanced intercepter:

Posted Image

The 'Predator' (name still being worked on) is designed as a fast atmospheric intercepter capable of taking on enemy planes as well as a limited role as a fighter-bomber.

Thats all for now. Comments/Criticism is accepted. More to come
Edited by Scope, 06 May 2009 - 16:10.
Reason for edit:: fixed the img links

Libains's Photo Libains 06 May 2009

View PostSgt. Shidner, on 6 May 2009, 16:02, said:

--Wiped--
Links are fix'd now.

Have a fixed post mate - photobucket does some dodgy things sometimes.
Edited by AJ, 06 May 2009 - 16:14.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 06 May 2009

And your duplicate topic has been deleted as well.

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 06 May 2009

Those are some pretty awesome drawings :P

Mike

Camille's Photo Camille 06 May 2009

get a better scan or something, can't see arse right now :P

Libains's Photo Libains 06 May 2009

They do look good, but as Prawn says, they are hard to see in detail - with a better scan it will be far easier to tell which is which.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 06 May 2009

If you could scan at a higher DPI and break it up into smaller images so we can read it better. But those lines are pretty smooth.

yeah, well, my scanner is pretty ancient but we're getting a new one. and thanks for fixing the problems. I'll have more soon

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 06 May 2009

Besides being a little flat and lacking detail diversity, I think they are overall pretty cool concepts.

WNxMastrefubu's Photo WNxMastrefubu 06 May 2009

nice concepts, would love to see them in action

Did another one in English. Here it is:

Posted Image

This is the Titan AirCarrier. Pretty much a aircraft carrier w/ wings. Hope yous like.

Edit: IMG links fixed
Edited by Wizard, 06 May 2009 - 22:10.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 06 May 2009

Inspired by Ace Combat 6 I see.

Yeah, a little bit. I played it yesterday. I finished another one just a couple of minutes ago. May i present the M59 Legionnaire!

Posted Image

Sorry for the bad scan and thanks to the admins for correcting the bad links. Working on finding a better scanner. :read:

Scope edit:Photobucket should be able to provide you with the proper IMG link in the album view
Edited by Scope, 07 May 2009 - 03:51.

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 07 May 2009

They're excellent indeed - the detail and precision in particular is brilliant. I'd suggest doing a very basic bit of image manipulation to make that detail easier to see, though; simple turn it to black and white (or greyscale) and dial up the contrast, and it makes things much easier to distinguish. If I had a comment it would be to firstly include figures or easily recognisable vehicles for scale references against your designs - it's often something that's a little difficult to work out. Other than that, great stuff, and keep it up!

Sgt. Shidner's Photo Sgt. Shidner 07 May 2009

thanks for the suggestion CommanderJB. I'll try that. Last night, i made up another one. I call it the MB-705 'Crusader' (for lack of a better name) Self-Propelled Artillery Platform. Enjoy!

Posted Image

So yeah, there it is.

Also a new thing, i know the title says 'Vehicle Concepts' but i thought i'd throw in some of my building concepts.
Story is, me and my friend were having a sort of design competition to see who could design a better fortress to defend against zombies when the zombie apocalypse eventually happened and here's what i came up with. Mind you that these are the individual componants of the fortress and not a view of the entire building.

The basic gun tower around the walls:
Posted Image

The Main gate:
Posted Image

A cross section of what the walls will be like:
Posted Image

Corner tower:
Posted Image

And lastly a perimeter bunker:
Posted Image

Thats all for now. I'll work on some more stuff during my boring classes and see if i can post some more stuff during 3rd Block.
Edited by Wizard, 07 May 2009 - 16:04.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 07 May 2009

Sgt. Shidner, for future reference,

[http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss42/Sgt_Shidner/Fortress%20Concepts/[s]?action=view&current=Zombie-[/s]GunTower.jpg

[url="http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss42/Sgt_Shidner/Fortress%20Concepts/GunTower.jpg"]http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss42/Sg...ts/GunTower.jpg[/url]

is how it should look. Don't just take the url from PB and expect it to work on a forum.

General's Photo General 07 May 2009

You've got skillz man ! And a good eye for the details :read: Keep them coming :read:

ComradeKrukov's Photo ComradeKrukov 08 May 2009

Me like! 8| lol no seriously good work keep em comin!

btw you kno who this is!!

Dr. Knickers's Photo Dr. Knickers 08 May 2009

Very nice concepts there!

Sgt. Shidner's Photo Sgt. Shidner 08 May 2009

thanks for the comments. I've always wanted to do mod work, ya know like concepts for the mods.
I've drawn a blank and any suggestions for a new concept is welcome.

CommanderJB's Photo CommanderJB 09 May 2009

Those building concepts in particular are brilliant - one of the most heavily-armoured-looking fortress structures I think I've ever seen. The tank's okay as well, though I think it could do with a bit more of a complicated design - it's really a very few fundamentally pretty simple boxes, though the detailing on their surface is impressive. While there's a lot to be said for minimalist design, perhaps jumbling it up with some circular turrets or projecting elements would make for a slightly more dynamic result when modelled?

Sgt. Shidner's Photo Sgt. Shidner 11 May 2009

yeah, too bad i'm not so good with the curves and such. but i shall work on it.
i the meantime, does anyone have any ideas as to what new vehicles i should make?

Shirou's Photo Shirou 12 May 2009

Anything that's not a tank :P

Should leave you enough space to swim around.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 12 May 2009

Design some space station! Should be fun and take into consideration that corners are BAD!

Sgt. Shidner's Photo Sgt. Shidner 13 May 2009

Actually, i'm looking for ideas pertaining more to tanks and vehicles and war machines of sorts. I've made another two tanks, a tank hunter-type thing and a laser tank. I'll get those up tomorrow.