XML dump ?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:13

Is it possible that we can have a XML dump for Wikitaxi from FSB.
I like to have this for my laptop because there is no internet in the plane. :rolleyes:
WikiTaxi

Best regards
Wi-Ta

#2 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:44

What exactly is that and what's it for?
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#3 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:57

You can already do this. Give me thirty minutes and I'll have something for you. Unfortunately the way that the wiki works in itself means that forcing it to output an XML file every time it changes will cause unnecessary strain on the server. As such I'll fix something easier up that will cause no strain

Edited by AJ, 26 May 2009 - 07:58.

For there can be no death without life.

#4 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:10

View PostCodeCat, on 26 May 2009, 9:44, said:

What exactly is that and what's it for?

With wikitaxi + FSB xml on a laptop or usb stick you can read the FSB offline.

View PostAJ, on 26 May 2009, 9:57, said:

You can already do this. Give me thirty minutes and I'll have something for you. Unfortunately the way that the wiki works in itself means that forcing it to output an XML file every time it changes will cause unnecessary strain on the server. As such I'll fix something easier up that will cause no strain

Great
thank you that would be perfect

Best regards
Wi-Ta

Edited by Wi-Ta, 26 May 2009 - 08:11.

#5 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:54

OK, I've had a look over it and there are a few alternatives. Firstly, for user like yourself, there is the export function page, which can output a set of pages into the XML format that you require. The downside of it is that you have to create the list of pages yourself, or work from the categories that you want using the input bar at the top of the page.

The means of outputting a total XML of the wiki is possible via the administrator tools, but can only be automated in a manner that you would require with a lot of programming that I can't manage to get my head around. Plus, I'm not an admin, so there is no way for me to sort this out for you beyond the suggestion above. If you want to, you can create a list of the pages on the wiki through the categories system on the export function, but I realise that it is quite a sod of a task.
For there can be no death without life.

#6 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:17

Sadly this is not working.
Maybe some one else have an idea?

Best regards
Wi-Ta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users