←  Code Block

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Programming programs

Dauth's Photo Dauth 27 Jul 2009

This might be of use to some people.

What do you write your programs in?

I'm equally happy in emacs or kwrite, though I tend to use kwrite more for LaTeX documents and emacs for Fortran and BibTeX work (before I got hold of JabRef).

Both Kwrite and emacs have syntax highlighting which allows you to see what each line of code is doing. On windows I use Notepad++ but don't tend to write much in it tbh.

Libains's Photo Libains 27 Jul 2009

For the limited amount of HTML/PHP/CSS coding that I do (or people assume I do), I use apatana studio on Windows for the most part (Bob linked me to it, and it's rather epic), with a bit of Notepad++ when i need lightweight. On Mac, Smultron is the best for me - it's as good as if not better than ++ for Mac.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 27 Jul 2009

PHPWriter for HTML/PHP/CSS and Dev C++ for C++.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 27 Jul 2009

I use Eclipse exclusively on Ubuntu for writing some Java apps. I can also port it for use in C++. It's a very useful IDE (i.e. a programming program :lol:) and the debug mode is a powerful tool. For raw editing, I use RText or even simple gedit. I have tried Netbeans but felt it to be bloated and slow.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 28 Jul 2009

I use Visual Studio for all my uni stuff, it's served me well over the years.

jnengland77's Photo jnengland77 28 Jul 2009

Vim and gcc/g++ for C and C++ (mostly what I code in). Usually Code::Blocks or Visual Studio on Windows. Usually a frontend to GDB (Gnu Debugger) such as Code::Blocks or DDD (man is that program ugly as shit, but still useful). Visual Studio also had a nice debugger.

Stalker's Photo Stalker 28 Jul 2009

Eclipse and NetBeans for Java, and Dev C++ for C (might use Netbeans or Eclipse for that in the future though). For everything else Notepad++.

Actually NetBeans sucks but its GUI-Editor is way better then Eclipse's

edit: I forgot Visual Studio for C#
Edited by Stalker, 28 July 2009 - 09:03.

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 28 Jul 2009

I use Code::Blocks for C++ work and Notepad++ for everything else.

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 28 Jul 2009

Aptana web stuff, Notepad++ for pretty much everything else, occasionally just regular ol' notepad as well.