←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Laser/Superweapons/China/Toxin Ideas Thread

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 06 Nov 2009

man, dont suggest things from other mods. it looks like you are a bit shockwave crazy, and they are on this forum as well. you cant just steal things from other mods.

Generalcamo's Photo Generalcamo 06 Nov 2009

Yes, that is true, but this is a vairiation of that balloon, that one looks like a hot air balloon, this one is many balloons strung together. Also, SWR has a new forum, they left fallout months ago.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 07 Nov 2009

So what? it isnt cool to steal sounds from other mods. why not take the sounds from the Kirov Airship instead? those are good.

JJ's Photo JJ 07 Nov 2009

The Shockwave GLA Balloon voices are made by EA and can be found in the game files, so its not really asset stealing, but a little of idea stealing. Still, it doesn't matter for such minor things, no one would mind.

Crediting is still a polite thing to do, though.
Edited by JJ, 07 November 2009 - 11:26.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 07 Nov 2009

oh ok. but i dont like the idea either. so, sorry for my flaming :D

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 09 Nov 2009

View Postsu8perkillr, on 7 Nov 2009, 23:29, said:

oh ok. but i dont like the idea either. so, sorry for my flaming ;)

That's still no excuse to flame, and to be honest you've been pushing it lately in terms of hostility towards newer members' ideas.

Strategia's Photo Strategia 09 Nov 2009

I've got an idea for Toxin's Terrorist.

It might be considered "stealing", but I prefer to think of it as a tribute, or a parody.

Posted Image

(Hunh, I never noticed the guy wore socks before.)

HHKelevra's Photo HHKelevra 10 Nov 2009

I don't quite understand.

You want the actual boomer in the game? (which would be pretty amusing) or just modify the terrorist to behave like it? (IE, spreading toxin upon being killed) in which case.... I thought they already did... but I might be thinking of something else.
Edited by HHKelevra, 10 November 2009 - 23:15.

Strategia's Photo Strategia 11 Nov 2009

View PostHHKelevra, on 11 Nov 2009, 0:08, said:

I don't quite understand.

You want the actual boomer in the game? (which would be pretty amusing) or just modify the terrorist to behave like it? (IE, spreading toxin upon being killed) in which case.... I thought they already did... but I might be thinking of something else.

Well, like you said, the actual Terrorist already explodes in a cloud of toxin (AFAIK). This is indeed a proposal to put the Boomer - or a unit very much like it - in-game. Its primary attack could be fairly short-ranged projectile vomit that deals POISON damage, and when killed, it would explode in a larger cloud of toxic gloop. Hell, it could even be a fat guy. I'm not entirely sure about the sounds, though, whether they're covered under Fair Use. But the basic concept should be OK - like I said, a parody.

HHKelevra's Photo HHKelevra 11 Nov 2009

So, it'd be more or less a Toxin Tractor on foot. I like it. As far as sounds go, it shouldn't be too hard to make them, I've made a few. I think it'd be more amusing if it actually was a fat guy trying to get around.

Lord Jon NOOB's Photo Lord Jon NOOB 11 Nov 2009

I like the idea, a kind of toxin tractor but then a infantry unit. I guess you want to use the voice/sounds of the boomer. That would be very funny! x'D (Or something that sounds like it because of the copyright issues).

inzane krazy's Photo inzane krazy 30 Nov 2009

not sure if this has been suggested or not, but I haven't bothered to read the most of the posts in this thread yet....

but yeah, China tank gen's artillery strike should have it's shells replaced by overlords or battlemasters xD

And laser gen's sounds should be replaced by pew pews for their lasers

and maybe some gen could just have a random unit burst out of a giant cake, lol :x
Edited by inzane krazy, 30 November 2009 - 15:27.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 30 Nov 2009

i like that. sure would like to see nuke battlemasters rain down.

source code's Photo source code 01 Dec 2009

add a upgrade for nuke gen
unstable isotopes
doesnt cost anything makes the tanks explode even more violent but makes tanks ALL tanks 10% cheaper to produce

GuardianTempest's Photo GuardianTempest 30 Jun 2010

Laser-
Ranger armed with laser tag gun
Defender armed with a searchlight and a large lens
Pathfinder armed with laser pointer

China Tank-
Something like the M50-Ontos, lots of barrels
a medieval cannon...on threads
Something like the Tmahawk launcher but launches tanks?

China internet-
Something that exploits the SAGE Engine?

China Infantry-
3 man crew manning one giant anti-material rifle, blows infantry to bits.

GDIZOCOM's Photo GDIZOCOM 24 Jul 2010

You CANNOT exploit the SAGE engine....

Zeke's Photo Zeke 24 Jul 2010

View PostGDIZOCOM, on 24 Jul 2010, 20:45, said:

you obviously don't play ZH that much....

n5p29's Photo n5p29 24 Jul 2010

View PostGDIZOCOM, on 24 Jul 2010, 19:45, said:

YES WE CAN! 8|

Camille's Photo Camille 24 Jul 2010

View Postn5p29, on 24 Jul 2010, 15:36, said:

YES WE CAN! 8|

i'd go even further and say that this entire forum exists solely because of SAGE's exploitation.

8|

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 24 Jul 2010

View Postn5p29, on 24 Jul 2010, 17:36, said:

SURE WE CAN! TNT POST! 8|

It is possible to tease SAGE 8| It is done already, by making models with more polys than that there should be numbers in this world.

Camille's Photo Camille 24 Jul 2010

View PostSu8perkillr, on 24 Jul 2010, 18:20, said:

View Postn5p29, on 24 Jul 2010, 17:36, said:

SURE WE CAN! TNT POST! 8|

It is possible to tease SAGE 8| It is done already, by making models with more polys than that there should be numbers in this world.

generally, 'exploiting SAGE' is about coding stuff that would seem impossible in the first place.

placing a high-poly model or high-res texture in game really isn't that much of an exploit since 9 out of 10 times the game will simply crash. additionally, it's really not hard to do.

GDIZOCOM's Photo GDIZOCOM 06 Dec 2010

For toxin general:
Something that launches barrels filled with toxins.

EDIT:What I meant was the barrels like those at the back of Thrax's units.
Edited by GDIZOCOM, 06 December 2010 - 10:21.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 06 Dec 2010

Toxic: Sneezecannon, It sneezes bacteria all over enemy units, weakening them!
Laser: A bear, which shoots lasers from its eyes, not sure if it's possible with the Generals engine.
Edited by SquigPie, 06 December 2010 - 15:19.

Libains's Photo Libains 06 Dec 2010

I think the modelling on the bear alone would make it highly impractical due to polies alone. I imagine the actual code-ability shouldn't be too difficult to play with, though.