←  Games Modding

Fallout Studios Forums

»

NProject Mod

n5p29's Photo n5p29 11 Aug 2009

Hi, I've made this mod from almost a year ago, but the development started years ago and still continue until now.
This mod have been published in DeeZire forums, CnCFiles, CnCMaps, and ModDB.
Now I wan't to introduce this mod to you in this forum.

Posted Image

This is NProject Mod, or NPM in short. This mod is my personal (one man team) mod, so I do all coding and any stuffs in this mod. But some are made by contributors by their permission of course. Even there's some stuffs that I made by myself maybe found similar or same in another mods, but I just make changes that I think is needed and necessary, not copying anything.

This mod improves the Zero Hour game by fixing almost all bugs in the game, with tons of balances, improved AI, and many enhanced features. There are also additional stuffs for all factions and sub-factions including Civilians. This mod also including playable Boss General with fully fuctional AI.

The NProject Mod main features:
  • Experience the new Zero Hour with retoned balances. The new gameplay is not stray far from the original game, you will feel like playing the original game with small differences, but much better.
  • Most bugless Zero Hour! This mod remove bugs and exploits, from that can be used for cheating (non-hack cheats) like SCUD Storm bug or Supply Drop Zone exploit, to minor bugs like eternally flying dead Chinook or Angry Mobs running to molotov bugs.
  • New Faction. Boss General! Try this new General as playable side. The army are based on what you see in the final stage of Generals Challenge, of course rebalanced and not overpowered.
  • New units, structures, upgrades, Generals Powers, and abilities. What makes it called a mod without these? You will find new things across the factions, subfactions, and also Civilians in this mod.
  • Improved AI! To put it simple, you will encounter the AI that different from before. Some of thier strategies may be more effective, the attack waves will more intense.
  • Improved effects and animations. You will find something different in visual and audio aspects. Like the trees can be burned again, or the nuclear missile blast is more massive
  • Additional features for Zero Hour:
    - Expanded option menu
    - Integrated Worldbuilder Mesh Mold Tool

These features may be included as well in the future:
  • Complete Generals-Zero Hour campaigns, improved and adapted to this mod. Also a bonus missions for surprises.
  • Improved civilian properties. Similar like the trees and shrubberies, but in different ways.
  • New Maps to be played in skirmish and multiplayer.
  • Not only the Boss General is the new faction. There will be three new generals, one each faction (including the Boss General for china).
  • Additional game modes like in Red Alert 2. such as Air Wars, Megawealth, etc.
  • Random crates system.
  • More additional features for the game

Some screenshots:
Posted Image Posted Image

ModDB Profile page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nproject-mod
NProject Mod homepage: http://nprojectmod.blogspot.com
NProject Mod Discussion Forum: http://grans.2ksite....ct-mod-f61.html

You can download the latest version (NPM 2.6) here:

ModDB mirror: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nproject-mod/dow...nproject-mod-26
CnCMaps mirror: http://www.cncmaps.com/index.php?automodul...mp;showfile=591
MediaFire mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?5zmlmkninct

Comment please :)
Edited by n5p29, 11 August 2009 - 14:39.

Zhao's Photo Zhao 23 Aug 2009

I love the balance in this mod BUt prehaps you OVER Nerf the AFG a bit ? Toning down his PDL was a good thing but Maybe Making them not so much King raptors anymore was a bad Thing thats just my opionon though

GDIZOCOM's Photo GDIZOCOM 23 Aug 2009

The King Raptor has been a concern.
I think you should restore the old King Raptor but it has 6 missles only.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 24 Aug 2009

View PostZhou Zhang, on 23 Aug 2009, 11:36, said:

I love the balance in this mod BUt prehaps you OVER Nerf the AFG a bit ? Toning down his PDL was a good thing but Maybe Making them not so much King raptors anymore was a bad Thing thats just my opionon though

You might be right, but even I nerf the King Raptor PDL I already give it countermeasures and bulkier healthpoints.
And if you look closer, only King Raptor that have PDL with faster reload.

View PostGDIZOCOM, on 23 Aug 2009, 11:58, said:

The King Raptor has been a concern.
I think you should restore the old King Raptor but it has 6 missles only.

The old king raptor was horrible. You only can kill him with bullet weapons.
And King Raptor IS having 6 ammo. I didn't make change on it.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 10 Sep 2009

The updates have done in last one month (August)

1. Avenger

Posted Image
Getting tired watching retarded attacking Avenger (that turn the whole body instead just the turret)? Now it's no more! I made the Avengers can turn their front turret when attacking with their designator laser.

I also found sometimes Avenger have a "strange thing" that appeared when moving, it looks like a little rock, so I remove that "thing".

And, sometimes you still can recognize a Bomb Truck that disguising as Avenger by just a look (the AA turret looks a little different). Now it's harder to see the difference.

2. Firebase

Posted Image
Some more improvement I made for Firebase:
- Firebase now fires at better angle.
- New texture for Firebase. It's not using USA Airfield runway texture anymore. Credit to The_Hunter for the model/texture
- Remove the useless deploying animation. I don't know what this animation for, because no needs to Firebase to deploy before attacking. It's not a mobile defense/artillery like Nuke Cannon. I suspecting this animation was taken from Strategy Center Bombardment cannon.

3. Toxin Tractor
Posted Image
As you know, in ZH the Toxin Tractor will upgrade its turret when it get salvage crates.
But after I look closer to the model (UVToxinTrk.W3D) it not just upgrade its turret. Salvages also give additional toxin tanks! It should be like this.

From bottom:
- no salvage
- first salvage --> bigger turret and toxin tanks
- second salvage --> even bigger turret and also additional toxin tank on the back

4. NEW UNIT - Heavy Toxin Tractor for Toxin General
Posted Image
Dr. Thrax army speciality is toxic weapons. He also need to more utilize his Toxin Tractor into a more monstrously weapon.

The new Toxin Tractor have much heavier armor, allowing it to stands up against stronger enemies. It also have more toxin tanks to store more loads. Funnily, why he put the additional tanks in the front side? To grinds enemy infantry maybe?

You can see the salvage upgraded version here:
First Salvage: http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4123/ch...ytractorup1.jpg
Second Salvage: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7556/ch...avytractor2.jpg
Edited by n5p29, 10 September 2009 - 11:28.

Kris's Photo Kris 13 Sep 2009

Really neat for a small update. One thing that's bugging me that you should have increased the poly count of heavy toxin tractor's gun. :sly:

n5p29's Photo n5p29 27 Sep 2009

thanks.
about the increasing the turret poly, that's a good idea but maybe I will do that another time. I'm still focusing on another problems now.

-----------------------------------

September Update

It's already a year since I'm start making this mod, so I will tell you the story behind the mod making in this one year, also the future of this mod.

Since it's a quite long article, I just quote what I've posted somewhere else and you can go to the actual page to read the details. They are separated into two articles, click the "Read more!" to see the real articles.

A Year of Development
    June 2008. Learning from mistakes I did in my first mod (called Project:Prototype), I'm starting make another mod for ZH after I joined at DeeZire forum. Unlike the first mod that just put random things (major influence from Contra), this new mod intended on fixing current bugs that occurs in ZH v1.04. But later I found someone already makes a balance mod (I'll not tell the mod name, but it's a quite popular mod) but I found it destroy some balances instead making it more balanced, so I found this mod another objective: Refine Game Balances. I watched many game replays, listen players (either n00bs or Pros) comments and opinions, then examine the problem. If I found that problem is a critical issue and need to be rebalanced, then I surely make the fix.

August 2008. I first release this little mod on DeeZire. On that time this mod just enable Boss General as new playable faction, and apply some bug fixes that reported at "Coding Mistakes and Useless Things in INIs by EA" thread in DeeZire forum, also major fix for the popular Scud Bug. Since at the time DeeZire forum a little dying, just around 5 members still active in the forum (I found only Redemption, beng, Yayo01, CommieDog, BlueGalactic, and me), only a few people that know this mod.
Read more!

What's Next?
    Is there any special event for the official 1st anniversary of this mod? If yes, like what?
    Yes, there will be a special treatment for this mod first birthday. I've planned to release a special content on the next year, what the content is still a secret until next month. And if possible, I will announce NProject Mod mini-tournament held by GRANS Studios. If you interested, you can join the tournament.

Posted Image
    A new general appeared in NProject Mod 3.0

What is NProject Mod 3.0?
    NProject Mod 3.0 (NPM 3.0) is the next level of NPM installment. Because it's no longer fits with the early target of this mod (fixes and balances with some new units and features), sort of an expansion pack for NPM.
    In this mod version you will find two more generals, one of them is shown above. There also game modes, more additional features, and much more new units. Also, in this mod version, General Leang will also have several changes so she will be no longer an unholy faction but a China faction.
    For a little spoiler, there are some things that I've made but not released until now can be found in the "_test new units" map, like GLA Airfield, Tomahawk Storm, etc. Those "secret" stuffs will be released in NPM 3.0!
Read more!
Edited by n5p29, 27 September 2009 - 10:22.

Erik's Photo Erik 27 Sep 2009

seriously? 4 boss generals?

n5p29's Photo n5p29 28 Sep 2009

not four, only three.
and those generals are not the Boss Generals.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 24 Dec 2009

It's been a long time I haven't give updates for this mod.
well, I have special present for you :)

Introducing... Shoop Da Whoop Guy!

Posted Image

A brand new uber unit for hire. With a good mix of sounds and memes... in Christmas outfit! This gigantic inhuman being with over 9000 power level that come from nowhere born from randomness. Walking and dancing around with his huge iPod and speaker box while Firin Mah Lazor. You really don't want to see this thing coming to your base. WARNING: Killing him will triggering rickroll!

You can see this unit in action on this video:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nproject-mod/vid...er-update-video
Edited by n5p29, 24 December 2009 - 06:06.

Nid's Photo Nid 24 Dec 2009

Oh god, I hope this is a Christmas joke, otherwise Zero Hur modding has hit an all time low, and it hasn't been at it's best for a while now.

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 24 Dec 2009

wow, it's craptastic.

Zeke's Photo Zeke 24 Dec 2009

Are you 2 for real? Seriously lighten up :)

EDIT: That unit is very well implemented, good job :)
Edited by Zeke, 24 December 2009 - 12:30.

Camille's Photo Camille 24 Dec 2009

he's in your base.

killing your doods :)

Pandut's Photo Pandut 24 Dec 2009

LOL

Wow, lots-o-carnage much :)

Stalker's Photo Stalker 24 Dec 2009

It better be a joke,

but this unit is well done actually .. and I laughed my ass off.

Merry Christmas

Pandut's Photo Pandut 24 Dec 2009

View PostStalker, on 24 Dec 2009, 14:54, said:

It better be a joke,

but this unit is well done actually .. and I laughed my ass off.

Merry Christmas

What, the mod itself being a joke?

Stalker's Photo Stalker 25 Dec 2009

No, the Shoop-da-Whoop Guy.

Since this is a serious mod (IIRC) I doubt it will be available ingame, other than as easter egg.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 25 Dec 2009

yep, that unit will be available as worldbuilder easter egg.
but I have made an AoD mission where you control this unit and must protect the christmas tree.
and also a MP map where you can capture a special building to allow you build this unit.

it's basically like shogun executioner in RA3. :)

n5p29's Photo n5p29 01 Jun 2010

NProject Mod March-June Updates

It seems I forgot to add two latest updates here. So here I show them up.

-------

It's being more busy lately. Exams come near, so does holiday. :sly:
There's much changes applied in my current mod build from the last release. As the time for Version 2.7 come closer, it's now being cooked and just wait for it being prepared. :)

Posted Image
Advanced Particle Cannon Night Lights

Posted Image
New Comanche Rocket Pods

UNIT PREVIEW - ROCKET JETSKI
main topic: http://grans-product...topic.php?t=385
Posted Image

TOMAHAWK LAUNCHER
main topic: http://grans-product...topic.php?t=299
Posted Image

EMPEROR OVERLORD
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
(borderless version)
(gattling upgraded borderless version)
(bunker upgraded borderless version)

Several fixes on Emperor Overlord:
- better skin (thanks to The_Hunter for the skin reference)
- fixed UV Mapping errors
- removed the shadow bugs
- better placement for gattling cannon upgrade model
- new bunker upgrade model

GLA SNIPER
Posted Image
(borderless version)

I've changed Kassad's GLA Sniper skin from green to brown, makes them blend better in desert maps like Pathfinders in grassy maps. I also make the grass camo-net better with semi-transparent skin.

INTERNET CENTER SCAFFOLDING
Posted Image

Another thing that EA missed. You should know that Internet Center uses Supply Center construction scaffolding. Now I made the new construction scaffoldings for Internet Center. They're no longer use the wrong one.

MICROWAVE TANK
Posted Image
(borderless version)

Some updates and improvements on Microwave Tank model.
Nothing much changed, eh? Look closer.

Due to many complaints from our consumers about our microwave product which have dangerous microwave leakings to any nearby infantry including the users, we are offering a solution to prevent this problem.

http://img412.images...nmicrowave1.jpg
Now the new Microwave Tank lid can be closed. While it's not necessary to irradiate the surrounding areas, just close the lid to prevent the leaks.

Trade your old Microwave Tank with the new one now! And if you preorder now, you will get the special edition with turnable turret and a vehicle disabler beam gun.
http://img405.images...nmicrowave2.jpg

So, what are you waiting for?

The Microwave Tank model is now somehow improved. The shadow b0ug issue also have been removed. It also support closeable lid, turning turret, and hideable unused vehicle disabler turret via map.ini codings.

FAKE BUILDINGS

GLA factions now have wider variation of fake buildings. There's Fake Tunnel Network, Fake Stinger Site, and even Fake SCUD Storm. Now only Palace that not have fake counterpart, for some obvious reason. :sly:

Well, sit back and relax, take a quick tour of these buildings in this video:

Kris's Photo Kris 02 Jun 2010

Nice update, i really like the new variations of the fake buildings. Also, Glad you fixed the scaffolds on the internet center :sly:

n5p29's Photo n5p29 20 Aug 2010

Posted Image

That's right guys. The new new NProject Mod release is now available. This new version further improve the game much more compared to the previous version. Almost all bugs in ZH have been fixed as far as possible, including numerous graphical/sound issues. New units and features given to existing generals, also not forget several balance tweaks for more fluid gameplay.

What's new in this version? If you forgot or just to lazy to dig the updates archive, here's the key features in this version:

Remember this one? Now the Boss Leang Combat Bike can be used by all of her infantry to use the Combat Bike (except Angry Mobs for obvious reason). The weapon will changed depend on the rider. It still starts with Terrorist.
And because of this too, now Boss General can build Terrorist from her Barracks.
"Suicide is not a tactic, I did it for lulz." - General Leang

Posted Image
Demo General got his own Generals Challenge stage. Face the force of fanatic people strapped with explosives. Watch out for the mines, trickery, and terror assault!
"Please General, enter my battlefield." - General Juhziz

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
New unit, new unit, and new units. Just click the images above for more information.
But unfortunately, the new Laser Paladin ability cannot be found in this version. It got cut because this ability still too overpowered and can be abused. Until the correct balance is made, Laser Paladin just got model update now.

Be prepared for the greatest mindraep in modding history! GLA now have new Fake Buildings to play with. There are fake defenses, and most notably the Fake SCUD Storm. These buildings behave like their real counterparts, but do no real damages. Just click at the first picture to watch the video about these structures.

----------------

Download NProject Mod v2.7 HERE:
ModDB mirror: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nproject-mod/dow...nproject-mod-27
CnCMaps mirror: http://www.cncmaps.com/index.php?automodul...p;showfile=1214

Edited by n5p29, 21 August 2010 - 08:22.

TankaTed's Photo TankaTed 20 Aug 2010

I must try it. Right after the break :P.

-Mr.Tanka :P

n5p29's Photo n5p29 10 Jan 2011

NProject Mod 2.7.1 Patch Released!

Some few things haven't made it to the version 2.7 as scheduled, so here's the patch for NPM 2.7 contains those missing stuffs, as well as some tweaks, balances, and fixes for existing stuffs.

What's new in this version patch:

-----

NEW MAP AVAILABLE!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: "Moon Assault"
Players: 3
Map Theater: Moon (seriously)
Time: Unknown (applied as night)
Author: Dawn-Shade

New NProject Mod special map! As the name said, this map resembles the surface of the Moon, making this map unique. The Moon surface is quite unstable, so be careful of some random explosions!

Thanks for Dawn-Shade for his contribution providing this map.

-----

Enabled Laser Paladin Laser Charge ability!

Charged attack have pre-attack delay, but do more damage and have greater AoE. After the charged attack the Paladin cannot attack for a while for turret cooling down. This ability requires Laser Capacitors upgrade.
Watch the video above for ingame preview!

-----

IMPROVED UNITS LOCOMOTION:
- Tanks no longer just slides away on the ground, the will show actual accelerations/braking movements
- Vehicles have better movements. some vehicles also bounce a little, simulate hitting random rocks
- Most vehicles can move backwards correctly
- Helicopters sway a bit when idle

BATTLEMASTER:
- Battlemasters now will utilize their machineguns against infantry targets. Even not really damaging (as they're not
intended to be anti-infantry), it's much better than tank shells that often to miss.

EMERGENCY REPAIR:
- Emergency Repair heal radius increased to 150%
- Emergency Repair also repair structures
- New and better Emergency Repair (this makes the Emergency Repair more valuable as a Generals Powers):
> Level 1 Emergency Repair heal amount sightly increased, and still one-shot repair
> Level 2 Emergency Repair is not one-shot repair but repair continuously for some amount of time
> Level 3 Emergency Repair is same as level 2 but lasts much longer, it also have initial repair boost like level 1, and
also heals infantry

NIGHTHAWK (STEALTH FIGHTER):
- Officially changed the Stealth Fighter name to Nighthawk

-----

BUG FIXES:
- Fix coding error in version 2.7 that allow Tank General build Flamethrower infantry from his mine upgraded Barracks
- Fixed the issue of Bunkers that not appeared on the radar
- Fixed the Mortar infantry unlimited attack range bug. This bug appeared when the target moving outside the Mortar attack range but the Mortar can attack the target anywhere until given another order or the target really destroyed. This game-breaking issue now have been removed.
- Fixed the Uranium Shells upgrade that increases the damage of affected weapons twice as it should
- Fixed the collision error of Sneak Attack building that allows it being passed through by any other units
- Now the Firebase can be attacked with toxin weapons properly
- Boss General no longer can see salvage crates none of her units need or pick them
- Combat Bike with Toxin RPG Trooper weapon now correctly creates toxin pools

-----

GAME BALANCES:
- Tank armor resistance against toxin weapons increased to 160%
- Toxin Tractor now little more resistant to infantry and bullet weapons

MORTAR INFANTRY:
- The unlimited attack range bug have been fixed
- Given the Mortar infantry Ground Attack button to improve their attacking ability. Use this new button if you want to
attack blindly or when against moving target.
- Mortar infantry no longer crushable (except by Overlords) as they always say "We are uncrushable!"
- Mortar infantry transport slot increased to 2 from 1, so you can't fill too many Mortars into an assault transport

AMBULANCE:
- Ambulance cleanup guard area and scan rate increased, allowing them to clean nearby toxins/radiations better when idle

SENTRY DRONE:
- Sentry Drone Guns upgrade research time reduced to 67%
- Sentry Drone Guns upgrade cost reduced to 800 from 1000

COLD FUSION REACTOR:
- Cold Fusion Reactors Control Rods upgrade purchase time reduced to 50% (also applied to all USA subfactions)
- Superweapon General Advanced Control Rods upgrade cost increased to 600 from 500

LASER PALADIN:
- Laser Paladin main weapon damage reduced to 70% because was overpowered. The new weapon damage still have more DPS than
the normal Paladin Tank weapon.

BATTLEMASTER:
- Battlemaster machinegun now enabled by default (see New Features section above)
- Battlemaster healthpoint increased to 105%
- Battlemaster unupgraded movement speed increased to 105%
- Tank General Battlemaster build time reduced to 80%, now they built faster than vanilla China faction as Tank General
tactic promotes tank spamming

PROPAGANDA CENTER:
- Nationalism upgrade cost reduced to 1000 from 1500
- Subliminal Messaging upgrade cost increased to 1000 from 500. It was costs too cheap for an upgrade that worth really
much.

INTERNET CENTER:
- Internet Center now requires 4 powers like USA Supply Drop Zones, but it will not disabled when low power

NUCLEAR MISSILE:
- Uranium Shells upgrade cost reduced to 2000 from 2500
- Nuclear Tank upgrade cosr reduced to 1500 from 2000

REBEL:
- Booby Trap upgrade cost reduced to 500 from 1000. It's too expensive for such underused upgrade.

WORKER:
- Worker Shoes upgrade research time increased to 250%. It builds too fast for the really worth supply income upgrade.

PALACE:
- Camouflage upgrade research time reduced to 67%
- Anthrax Gamma upgrade cost increased to 2000 from 1500. It's too cheap for a great buffing upgrade.

TUNNEL NETWORK:
- Tunnel Network now more vulnerable to Stealthfighter weapon like other defenses

TOXIN SHELLS:
- Toxin Shells poison field effect no longer harm structures (like how radiation field works)
- Toxin General Stinger Site and Toxin RPG Trooper weapon poison field radius reduced to 67% (as they are not supposed to
be effective against infantry even with toxin tipped missiles)
- Hope these changes can make Toxin General less OP in early games

-----

MINOR FIXES/CHANGES:

Posted Image

Models:
- Fixed the shadow bug on USA Supply Center model (the supply crane)
- Improved the Advanced Particle Cannon night lights performance
- Standard Cold Fusion Reactor (used by vUSA, Airforce General, and Boss General) now have more wonderful glow
- Fix Speaker Tower model that have shadow errors in several conditions
- Fixed Bomb Truck model that have weird wheel animations
- Fix the issue where the Battlemaster tank have no trail dusts while the tank is moving
- Fixed the Boss General Supply Truck wheels bug, now each wheel rotates correctly

Animations/Particles:
- New GPS Scrambler cursor radius! And Stealth General GPS Scrambler area of effect indicated by the cursor radius lines.
- Fixed Supply Drop Zone beacon smoke that have missing texture issue
- New particle effects for Neutron Mines and their detonation effect!

Graphics/Cameos:
- Fix Propaganda Center cameo that have wrong banner textures

Sounds:
- New Fortified Upgrade research sound
- New voice set for Flamethrower infantry!

-----

Download NProject Mod 2.7.1 HERE:
ModDB mirror: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nproject-mod/dow...project-mod-271
Mediafire mirror: http://www.mediafire...1aydv7mah1cciac

Zeke's Photo Zeke 11 Jan 2011

Posted Image

"at last! soviets generals have reached the moon!!"

looks awesome :P
Edited by Zeke, 11 January 2011 - 07:41.