←  Role Playing Games

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Borderlands Discussion Thread

TheDR's Photo TheDR 12 Sep 2009

HD SD
Its such a great trailer for what looks to be such a great game. Its on my pre-order list, i can't wait for it to come out :D
Hopefully some guys will get it here so we can play some games :D
Edited by TheDR, 13 September 2009 - 19:12.

CJ's Photo CJ 12 Sep 2009

What's with the "censored" thingy on this video ? :D
Also I don't really like the artwork-ish look of the game, it just doesn't fit a war game D:

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 12 Sep 2009

It's not really a war game :D. On the trailer- it looks pretty cool. And on the game? Hell yeah, seems like it's definitely gonna be worth checking out.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 12 Sep 2009

Trailer was quite epic. I will be getting this game for sure :D

Camille's Photo Camille 12 Sep 2009

lookin nice actually :D

Wizard's Photo Wizard 12 Sep 2009

I am not entirely sure about the art style, but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it's worth it.

And what was with that big monster thing with a vagina on it's face?? :D

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 12 Sep 2009

It looks good, but i'm still not sold on the art style. Rage looks better IMO.

General's Photo General 12 Sep 2009

It worth to get for that style imo, otherwise looks much like other stereotyped shooters.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 12 Sep 2009

View PostIon Cannon!, on 12 Sep 2009, 12:55, said:

Alnough i can see how you might compare them (Similar world style?) Rage is not at all like Borderlands. Rage a single player FPS (Multiplayer arena mode?)
and Borderlands is a Single/Multiplayer Co-Op FPS/RPG Also a lot of other factors in the game are different which make the two games rather hard to compare.

I can't knock you for not liking the art style, some people dislike too much colour in there games :D
But on a serious note, if they hadn't changed the art style, i doubt the game would be getting as much attention as it is now.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 12 Sep 2009

View PostTheDR, on 12 Sep 2009, 18:11, said:

Alnough i can see how you might compare them (Similar world style?) Rage is not at all like Borderlands. Rage a single player FPS (Multiplayer arena mode?)
and Borderlands is a Single/Multiplayer Co-Op FPS/RPG Also a lot of other factors in the game are different which make the two games rather hard to compare.

I can't knock you for not liking the art style, some people dislike too much colour in there games :D
But on a serious note, if they hadn't changed the art style, i doubt the game would be getting as much attention as it is now.

Its not the colours, I just don't like cell shaded stuff much.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 13 Sep 2009

View PostIon Cannon!, on 12 Sep 2009, 22:31, said:

View PostTheDR, on 12 Sep 2009, 18:11, said:

Its not the colours, I just don't like cell shaded stuff much.

Oh, what is it about cell shaded stuff you don't like, i have always assumed people dislike the bright colours in cell shading.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 13 Sep 2009

Cel shading usually has that strong black border. I dunno, but I love the style. It's one of the major highlights of Prince of Persia for me.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 13 Sep 2009

View PostScope, on 13 Sep 2009, 9:33, said:

Cel shading usually has that strong black border. I dunno, but I love the style. It's one of the major highlights of Prince of Persia for me.

The new prince of persia was a stain compared to the previous trilogy.. Sands of time, Warrior Within and to a lesser extent three thrones - were masterpieces. The new one was garbage IMO.

ultra1437's Photo ultra1437 13 Sep 2009

View PostNikola Tesla, on 11 Sep 2009, 22:06, said:

What's with the "censored" thingy on this video ? :sly:
Also I don't really like the artwork-ish look of the game, it just doesn't fit a war game D:

The "censor" thing is from a headshot critical, i'd assume it's pretty 'gorey' or else gearbox wouldn't have censored it.

On a side note, i've already got this game preordered, there is a promotion through gamestop/EBGames that will net you a DL code for a set of guns with a different paint style than the known ones, but that's all i know personally, i don't know the types, stats, or even the looks.

Edit- there is another video that wasn't posted, that is about borderlands. Click here
Edited by ultra1437, 13 September 2009 - 18:17.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 13 Sep 2009

Seems pretty cool, though it looks more action oriented than other FPS RPGs like Fallout 3 and STALKER games. I will certainly be looking into this game when it comes out, but I've actually got quite a few incredible games that I have yet to fully play through. ( GTA IV, Mass Effect, Prototype, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Muramasa: The Demon Blade)

amazin's Photo amazin 13 Sep 2009

i was planning on starting this topic a little bit ago (with the same trailer haha)

but yea i think this game looks really badass, and i think the art style is awesome, im not a BIG fan of cel shading, but i think its pretty impressive that its all hand-drawn

ultra1437's Photo ultra1437 10 Oct 2009

figure i'd post this in this thread, but borderlands has officially gone Gold (puns aside), set dates for the US are: 20th for xbox360 and ps3, with the PC's date pushed back to the 26th, and worldwide the console and PC date (afaik) is the 30th of october.

Also: claptrap vid #2 Here

amazin's Photo amazin 20 Oct 2009

it got an 8.8 (and editors choice) on IGN

MentalAss's Photo MentalAss 20 Oct 2009

I want to get this so bad, but Forza 3 will be out seven days later.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 20 Oct 2009

Oooo, 8.8. Not quite as good as I expected, but I'll wait for a few more reviews to roll in.

I'll definitely get this game at launch on the net, the problem is I don't think I'll have time to play it much since I'm currently going through a ridiculously awesome mod for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl right now and college is just devouring my free time.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 20 Oct 2009

Those weapon models are absolutely incredible!

NOPE's Photo NOPE 20 Oct 2009

OMG THAT BITCH STOLE MY NAME!
I like the art style personally, and it LOOKS fun.. aside from the part where the girl character stole my name...

Wizard said:

And what was with that big monster thing with a vagina on it's face??

^ That's what I'd like to know... :X
Though, i doubt I'd get this game anytime soon even if I did decide to, due to the fact that I am putting all my money towards getting Fallout 3 (I'm late, I know).

amazin's Photo amazin 23 Oct 2009

i want to get it but dont have any cash to spare

TheDR's Photo TheDR 23 Oct 2009

I pre-percahsed it on steam yesterday :lol:

Only a week left and i'm pre-loading now.

ultra1437's Photo ultra1437 23 Oct 2009

View PostLil, on 19 Oct 2009, 23:20, said:

OMG THAT BITCH STOLE MY NAME!
I like the art style personally, and it LOOKS fun.. aside from the part where the girl character stole my name...

Wizard said:

And what was with that big monster thing with a vagina on it's face??

^ That's what I'd like to know... :X
Though, i doubt I'd get this game anytime soon even if I did decide to, due to the fact that I am putting all my money towards getting Fallout 3 (I'm late, I know).

that giant monster-thing is called a rakk hive, and that's all the more i know, since i don't have the game yet, getting it monday when the PC version releases.

also "OMG THAT BITCH STOLE MY NAME!" what do you mean by that?