←  Other art

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Ion's Photography Thread (Warning, lar...

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 17 Nov 2009

Meant to put these on here ages ago, but forgot..

Locations - My garden, sicily, the alps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Ion Cannon!, 16 October 2010 - 14:38.

General's Photo General 17 Nov 2009

8|

partyzanpaulzy's Photo partyzanpaulzy 17 Nov 2009

If I only had camera when I was in Tatra Mountains or on Red Dunajec...

because these photos are really nice 8|

that web is nice too
Edited by partyzanpaulzy, 17 November 2009 - 14:50.

View Postpartyzanpaulzy, on 17 Nov 2009, 14:48, said:

If I only had camera when I was in Tatra Mountains or on Red Dunajec...

because these photos are really nice 8|

that web is nice too

I was just putting some stuff in the bins, when I noticed it, grabbed the camera and got what I think is a pretty nice shot 8D

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 17 Nov 2009

Holy gorgeous, Batman... you've just provided me with my desktops for the next few weeks. 8|
That spiderweb is a beauty.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 17 Nov 2009

Oh wow, you took all these yourself? :o

Nice, very nice indeed o: . I might just desktop these. Looks like Sicily was beautiful, too...

View PostChyros, on 17 Nov 2009, 20:08, said:

Oh wow, you took all these yourself? :o

Nice, very nice indeed o: . I might just desktop these. Looks like Sicily was beautiful, too...

Majority yes, although my dad took some of them. Sicily was amazing, if more of the nightime shots had come out I would have uploaded those. I got 20 or so of Stromboli erupting, but it just looks like a red flash against a black backdrop :(

Dr. Knickers's Photo Dr. Knickers 18 Nov 2009

Looks awesome; these pics make me want to travel more 8|

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 18 Nov 2009

View PostIon Cannon!, on 17 Nov 2009, 7:58, said:

Posted Image

Of all the wondrous pictures I could have highlighted, I have chosen this one. Mostly for the symbolism I see in this, because often you see a window and it means "a window to a better place", or some kind of dream world. That's what I see in this picture. The purple tinted glass adding a splash of colour to the otherwise dark frame of an afternoon coastal city. The only thing "ruining" the shot is the dividing pillar in the window, but otherwise the picture is incredible.

If you don't mind me asking, what camera did you use to shoot with? A regular point and click, or a DSLR?

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 04 Oct 2010

Thought there was little point in starting a new topic, heres some photos I took in Scotland, I'll upload more later.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheDR's Photo TheDR 04 Oct 2010

The last one is really cool, the sky looks awesome.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 04 Oct 2010

When you shoot against the sun, you will get reduced contrast and lose color. I'd have to say the third one is the best. The rest feel a little too wide and without a subject.

Camille's Photo Camille 09 Oct 2010

i love it how you shoot exclusively static scenery or landscapes without the occasional grinning idiot this kind of pictures generally contains.

this is what vacation shots should look like.

edit: whats with all the photography threads lately? :D
Edited by Camille, 09 October 2010 - 20:39.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 15 Oct 2010

View PostCamille, on 9 Oct 2010, 21:36, said:

i love it how you shoot exclusively static scenery or landscapes without the occasional grinning idiot this kind of pictures generally contains.

this is what vacation shots should look like.

edit: whats with all the photography threads lately? 8|

Thats quite deliberate, I have had to specifically wait several times for people to move to get clear shots. Sometimes I use people in my shots, but its quite rare, I think having the person on top of the cliff gives a good idea of scale though, as seen below.

@Scope - I know I'm not supposed to shoot into the sun, but I actually like the effect it creates for some shots and it was very much deliberate. It's bloody difficult to get ideal light in Scotland anyway 8|

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Ion Cannon!, 15 October 2010 - 23:49.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 16 Oct 2010

Oh now THAT is a nice photo 8|

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 16 Oct 2010

Posted Image
Posted Image

All my pictures seem to be grainier once I upload to imageshack, no idea why that is.

And for those of you wondering most of these pictures are taken in Sutherland, which is part of the far north of Scotland, a few are also taken just south of Fort William, which is also in Scotland.
Edited by Ion Cannon!, 16 October 2010 - 11:43.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 16 Oct 2010

Wow, pretty...it looks...peaceful, damn nice. Lovely clouds!

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 16 Oct 2010

Very well done Ion :o

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 16 Oct 2010

The waterfall is my favourite, but those last two are breath-taking. Your picture of the road looks like it could pass for an opening scene to a movie, and there are a handful that would do well on a postcard.

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 16 Oct 2010, 14:48, said:

The waterfall is my favourite, but those last two are breath-taking. Your picture of the road looks like it could pass for an opening scene to a movie, and there are a handful that would do well on a postcard.

The last picture was taken from the bus, I'm suprised it came out so well, although there is a little motion blur and some reflections from inside the bus, thankfully its faint.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 16 Oct 2010

That road picture is epic. I agree with Nuker, it does look like a opening scene of a movie.

Nice work!

Fxor's Photo Fxor 16 Oct 2010

Eye candy photography much? Wow. Very nice shots!

*Fxor sets Waterfall shot as his wallpaper*

May I ask what camera you are using? Sorry in advance if I missed it.

-Fxor

I think this will be the last batch of photos I upload from this area, but I may upload more at somepoint.

I'm using a point and shoot. Panasonic Lumix DMC-F2, 10MP. I picked it up from Currys in a deal, came with a carry case and a 16GB memory card for £104.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

n5p29's Photo n5p29 16 Oct 2010

those are really amazing photos, Ion! O:

Fxor's Photo Fxor 16 Oct 2010

View PostIon Cannon!, on 16 Oct 2010, 15:34, said:

I think this will be the last batch of photos I upload from this area, but I may upload more at somepoint.

I'm using a point and shoot. Panasonic Lumix DMC-F2, 10MP. I picked it up from Currys in a deal, came with a carry case and a 16GB memory card for £104.

Nice camera! I have a Canon 1000D and love taking shots, but the thing is, I never get to go anywhere nice to actually take a decent photograph. 8|

-Fx