←  First Person Shooters

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Brink

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 11 May 2011

From what I'm hearing the gameplay is very fluid and easy to jump into, but not easily mastered like you would come to expect from a game where that is said. The wide range of what you can customize to your every need and personal preference is refreshing, and the perk system is different from most games in that they aren't just for one class, and more than a few are for general gameplay instead of a simple upgrade.

Oh yeah, and jumping around as a light class and sabotaging the other team is very fun.

Unfortunately for me, I'm short on cash as usual, so I'm stuck between either this or Portal 2. It's going to be a very hard decision.
Edited by Hobbesy, 11 May 2011 - 01:18.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 11 May 2011

Reviews are out.

IGN gave it a 6.0, other's have been slightly nicer, but average on Metacritic is 7.2 I think.

General complaints are:

Repetition.
Lack of distinguishing between classes.
Many good ideas, but poorly implemented.
Edited by SquigPie, 11 May 2011 - 08:41.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 11 May 2011

A 6? Damn thats not good for them.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 11 May 2011

GT gave it an 8. Although that felt fairly unconvincing to me, based on their review video |8

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 12 May 2011

I think the game needs some time to patch out some of its flaws. Most of the flaws lay more with things that can be fixed with some good ol' patching.

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 13 May 2011

I've preordered the game some time ago but I was really looking forward playing it today but ffs because I was in a carcrash about a week ago I can't be at home playing |8 really hoping the game will be as good as I've hoped. Maybe I get lucky and I'll be able to play it in a few days... I hope... Any personal experiences so far?

Ok So after a REALLY quick test, I have to say I like it. Gonna take some time to get used to it, but the gameplay is nice and fast and it reminds me of good old W:ET. Really looking forward to getting some real gametime clocked and learning all the maps and getting my rank abit higher.
Edited by Wanderer, 16 May 2011 - 19:01.

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 16 May 2011

A long video but a good review.
Edited by Wanderer, 16 May 2011 - 19:28.