←  Website

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Website comment issues

CJ's Photo CJ 06 Dec 2009

I'd like to point out one minor problem with the news on the site :
Every time you try to comment one of the news posted on the site by AJ, you get redirected to this topic, and the news posted by Brad doesn't even have a comment button.
Also I'd like to know the use of the nickname registration on the website as, obviously, if there's a comment system, it would work by displaying it on a thread on the forums and not on the website itself...

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 06 Dec 2009

I think the new version of the website should fix that problem.

Libains's Photo Libains 06 Dec 2009

View PostArgetlam, on 6 Dec 2009, 18:24, said:

I'd like to point out one minor problem with the news on the site :
Every time you try to comment one of the news posted on the site by AJ, you get redirected to this topic, and the news posted by Brad doesn't even have a comment button.
Also I'd like to know the use of the nickname registration on the website as, obviously, if there's a comment system, it would work by displaying it on a thread on the forums and not on the website itself...

The commenting system in it's current form simply works as a redirect back to topics on the forums - if there is no specific topic on the forums (such as for Brad's most recent story) then there can be no redirect for us to link to, as it is just a manual link.

Suffice to say that the comment system will be getting one hell of an overhaul soon enough, which will then use your account on the website rather than your account on the forums.

Gen.Kenobi's Photo Gen.Kenobi 06 Dec 2009

@Argetlam: As far as i know, CodeCat and other admins are working harder to get the website with all features enabled.
Edited by Gen.Kenobi, 06 December 2009 - 22:08.

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 06 Dec 2009

Most of the credit goes to Bob, actually. The rest of us are just bugtesting.

Libains's Photo Libains 06 Dec 2009

Just thought I'd bump this into here, might be a good place just to get any last minute issues off people's chests regards things they would like to see on the webby, or are just plain confused about :P

Wizard's Photo Wizard 06 Dec 2009

I think everything new that is going into this verison of the webby is in there tbh. After it's released I guess we'll be taking ideas. Think Bob would actually strangle you if you said something new at this point :P

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 07 Dec 2009

View PostWizard, on 6 Dec 2009, 23:30, said:

Think Bob would actually strangle you if you said something new at this point :P

Tru dat Posted Image

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 07 Dec 2009

Truth is, Bob never really wanted to be a webdesigner. He wanted to be...

A LUMBERJACK!

Wizard's Photo Wizard 07 Dec 2009

And it's ok....

Destiny's Photo Destiny 07 Dec 2009

View PostCodeCat, on 8 Dec 2009, 0:21, said:

Truth is, Bob never really wanted to be a webdesigner. He wanted to be...

A LUMBERJACK!

Don't you mean a spanner? :P