The gameplay of Advanced Warfare.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 00:39

In Advanced Warfare, you don't build bases. You fight for them. You have to capture control nodes spread over the map.

In order to gain control over for example, a defense line, you have to captures its control node (CN). If the enemy already is ocupying it, you have to destroy the control vehicle that controls said node, it's pretty straight forward: Just shoot at it. After that, you have to put your own CV into the node.
Posted Image

Once you have captured the node, you have control over the defenses there. But watch out, the enemy will probably not be so keen about you having those defenses, expect retaliation. You might want to know that defenses don't have a 360 degree coverage, assaulting them from behind might be a good idea.

Posted Image

There are four types of structures, or "Factories":
-Defensive: MG sites, anti tank guns, shield generators...
-Industry: War factories, air fields, barracks...
-Support: Support airfields, sensor towers and the like.
and lastly, strategic sites, such as Geothermal drills, supply depots, tactical weapons...

Geothermal drills, fusion reactors and the like generate power, needed to power defenses and shields.
Supply depots and similar structures generate credits, destroying enemy units also generates income however.

There are two ways to win: Control ALL nodes for 1 minute, or destroy the enemy command hub. To do that however, you have to drop the enemy main shield first, by capturing power relays. If you hold all relay nodes for a certain amount of time, the enemy base's shield drops.

*notice that the pictures are merely a helper, and do not show the final result.

#2 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:44

Reminds me of an old but awesome RTS game for the PC called Z.

Posted Image

#3 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 15:28

The inspiration was actually Ground Control II

#4 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:58

Looks very interesting.....seems you are good fan of the GC series....would love to see some units inspired by them as well |8. Specially the Ravager 8|

#5 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:03

Oh, believe me, there is a unit with parts of the Ravager, there is also one inspired by the Liberator.

Posted Image

#6 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:19

Lookin' awesome there Rho. Is the sniper not fixed yet or something? |8
Posted Image

#7 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:19

Oh, it is fixed, you just couldn't see the laser pointer on that pic, has the same color as the ground, but I cannot manage to make it red for whatever reason.

#8 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:13

oooooooohh........I'm having a crisis as Jeremy Clarkson would say :duh: looking damn good Rho. I guess you that's the Raptor snipers you have there :read:. btw can we see a sergent Rho look alike in as a hero unit :read:

#9 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:11

raptor snipers? Hmm...I like that idea. I did plan a sniper commando for the WMA a while ago, never got to implement it tho. The snipers there btw, are the GDI snipers from CnC3 :duh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users