Heavy Rain Demo

4 replies to this topic

#1 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 17:47

The Heavy Rain demo was released yesterday, and I had a quick go on it earlier. It's seems like it will be pretty good, although I must say I wasn't that impressed with the graphics... maybe I was just expecting too much from it. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad, but considering the 'gameplay' is pretty much non-existent I just thought they would have more time to spend on the graphics. Oh well, that would probably be the only negative thing I would have to say about it.

The demo doesn't really give away much, but tbh, that isn't a bad thing. The main lure of the game is the story, and I certainly don't want that spoiled. 8|

Anyway, I'll leave you with this. Posted Image

Edited by Bob, 12 February 2010 - 17:55.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 17:53

The demo was released?
I'll have to have a go of this then. I'm very interested in this game.
You almost did, didn't you?

#3 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 00:23

I just had another go, to see what changes I could make in the demo. First off I must retract my previous statements, I had fallen into the trap of "expecting too much" The graphics in this are amazing, the worst part of them would be the mid-to-far distant people (inclduing main characters), they appear to be rendered with significantly less detail, but I guess that is to be expected. There is however a 'bug' at the end of the last scene of the demo, when you back your car over the puddle, the puddle doesn't react to the car at all, and it looks really odd to say the least... and it's not like I am picking holes in a minor error, the camera is right on top of the puddle! It kinda looks like the car is hovering over the puddle. With the one minor error aside, the graphics are superb, especially the indoor environments.

Now onto the adaptive narrative. I made different choices, including ignoring a section of QTE and there weren't really any drastic changes, but I suspect your decisions will have greater effects in the long run, rather than immediate future. Having said that, one change that did happen was the absence of a whole chunk of scene. So I could imagine playing the full game several times and seeing things that you didn't see the first time.

In summary, I feel that while the demo is quite good, the full game will be much better. The demo is rather short, and you don't really get a sense of the story, but in the final game that is what it is gonna be all about. Can't wait for it to be released and hope this sets the road for a new genre of interactive stories! 8|

Edited by Bob, 13 February 2010 - 00:25.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#4 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 00:54

PS3 exclusive? =[

Posted Image

#5 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:09

Apparently you can end the game in a few steps or it can take 10 hours. IIRC there is 30 hours of possible gameplay to have, so lots of replay value and a definite buy for those who like story driven games or something thats a bit out of the norm.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users