An Escalating Situation

5 replies to this topic

#1 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 16:08

Basically, the aim of the game is to give your opinion (or what you would do) in the situation presented. At first, it will start simple, and then once a few people have given their opinions, I escalate (like in the title 8|) the situation, to see if your opinion is the same. The first one I do will be pretty simple, and as the entire topic progresses I will escalate. I've done this to see how easy, or difficult, it would be to break a person's viewpoint, while also seeing how many people are on complete ends of a certain spectrum. Sound interesting? If yes, play along!

Example
The situation: "It is always right to tell the truth."

Some might respond no, some might respond yes.
After escalating: "You and your friend have been kidnapped, and the criminals want you to tell them where the police are for them. Do you tell them the truth?"
So, most people would still respond no.
After that, if it is easy enough and many people have the same viewpoint, I would escalate again.

The First Situation
"You should always return an item you have borrowed."
"An old man lent you his firearm so you may hunt some pests eating your crops. You have finished dealing with the problem, and its time to give the old man his firearms back; however, in the time it took you, the old man has become aggressive and has even attacked one or two of the villagers. Do you give him his firearms back?"

Edited by Brad, 06 April 2010 - 14:00.

You almost did, didn't you?

#2 RandomHero

• 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:53

yes, on principle

#3 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:33

No, there might always be a case that makes it a bad idea.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#4 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 15:40

Yes, but I assume you are going to give an examplet hat they are going to something bad with it, so obviously a lot of viewpoints will change.

Posted Image

#5 Mr.Choppy

• Project Team
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 22:23

There is always an exception.
But seeing that you have "borrowed" it, you should return it.

Edited by Mr.Choppy, 03 April 2010 - 23:12.

Posted Image

#6 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 13:58

I don't think anyone else will post here, so I might as-well do the next step.

"An old man lent you his firearm so you may hunt some pests eating your crops. You have finished dealing with the problem, and its time to give the old man his firearms back; however, in the time it took you, the old man has become aggressive and has even attacked one or two of the villagers. Do you give him his firearms back?"
(Also added to the first post).

It would be nice if you could elaborate, rather than simply say yes or no.
You almost did, didn't you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users