#51 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 23 September 2010 - 16:50

View PostAlias, on 23 Sep 2010, 17:49, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 24 Sep 2010, 1:19, said:

In danish (where Kadavre is plural, Kadaver is singular) we pronounce it: Kah-da...da...oh screw this! Danish is impossible to describe.

I understand why people say it's the hardest language ever.
Learn !Xoo.

Have fun learning 87 consonants, 20 vowels and 2 different tones.

How are you even supposed to pronounce it's name? |8

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#52 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 16:57

View PostCJ, on 24 Sep 2010, 2:50, said:

View PostAlias, on 23 Sep 2010, 17:49, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 24 Sep 2010, 1:19, said:

In danish (where Kadavre is plural, Kadaver is singular) we pronounce it: Kah-da...da...oh screw this! Danish is impossible to describe.

I understand why people say it's the hardest language ever.
Learn !Xoo.

Have fun learning 87 consonants, 20 vowels and 2 different tones.

How are you even supposed to pronounce it's name? 8|
I honestly have no idea. |8

At least with Xhosa the name is fairly easy to say, and a lot of the words are fairly easy even though there's a lot of clicks to learn (and unlike !Xoo, it actually has a relevant amount of speakers).

Posted Image

#53 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 17:39

Is there supposed to be an exclamation mark in front of it?

Edited by SquigPie, 23 September 2010 - 17:42.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#54 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 17:54

Its actually !Xóõ according to wikipedia.

Neither does it say how you should pronounce it. Frankly its probably impossible to get right in our letters.
Posted Image

#55 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 18:10

I've decided to pronounce it as: "Steve".

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#56 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 22:15

I wouldn't even be suprised if most Chinese dialects are harder anyway. Some things are just utterly impossible if you're not Chinese - apparently there's some kind of character that's pronounced as "pyooarrrngj" or something and that's a single character. Whatever that xoo thing is has got nothing on Chinese |8 .

Edited by Chyros, 23 September 2010 - 22:15.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 23 September 2010 - 22:50

View PostSquigPie, on 23 Sep 2010, 20:39, said:

Is there supposed to be an exclamation mark in front of it?

Posted Image

#58 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:47

:Ban:

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#59 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:02

In Xhosa, the clicks aren't marked, but I guess !Xoo is completely different in that regard, especially considering Wiki's example sentence.

ǃqháa̰ kū ǂnûm ǁɢˤûlitê ǀè dtxóʔlu ǀnàe ǂʼá sˤàa̰

Posted Image

#60 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 13:46

??!??!?!?!

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users