7 replies to this topic

#1 Elitic

Visitor

• Project Leader
  • 43 posts
  • Projects: Return to Church

Posted 09 May 2010 - 14:18

Posted Image

Here it is - the long waited update. It's been 4 months already since last update. Those months weren't very productive, however much was still done.

So, let's begin with weapons.

Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull Revolver - It's a render of new weapon made. It has real firepower, but only 5 rounds in cylinder.
Posted Image
Model is completely done, but no textures are made currently.

Next weapon is a Dagger for vampire stealth class character.
Posted Image
This weapon will be fast and deadly, also It'll feature backstab ability.

Another weapon is thrownable bottle of Holy Silver Liquid.
Posted Image
Silver is against werewolves and holyness against vampires. This liquid will weaken those beasts.

That's all about weapons for now.

Next thing is items: health pickups.

First Aid Kit - Human health pickup.
Posted Image
Texture is temporary, It'll look much much better with new nice texture.

Blood Bag - Vampire health pickup.
Posted Image
Texture is not final.
Posted Image
In game screenshot.

Rib Eye Steak - Werewolf health pickup.
Posted Image
Texture is not final.
Posted Image
In game screenshot.

All health pickups are coded into game and working fine.

Next thing will be powers.
Holy talk“ - Human, the Father character ability 90% done. (visual effect and 3rd person animations are not done yet.)
Bat polymorph“ - Vampire, 1st class character ability 100% done.
Howl“ - Werewolf, 1st class character ability 95% done. (minor visual effect is not done.)
Other powers will not be revealed for now. :P

Bat render:
Posted Image
In-game it looks better.
See „Return to Church Mod - Vampire 1st class gameplay“ video for Bat in-game.

Let's move to Map props: Candles!
Posted Image
Textures are not final, but good enough. The candles will be an alternative source of light in maps.
Posted Image
In game screenshot.
See „Return to Church Mod - Human gameplay, Map Environment“ video to see candle fire particle effects.

More map props are currently being developed.

Vampire and werewolf „vision“/scent/sight were improved, faster shader effects, players are blinking while in „scent“/sight mode (this effect will probably be changed into better one) . Additionally werewolves with help of scent will be able to track other players.
See „Return to Church Mod - Werewolf 1st class gameplay“ video for new werewolf sight/„scent“ effects.

I started using particle systems in RTC.
So far Particle effects: for powers, whole feeding system, torch and candle fires... were done.
See „Return to Church Mod - Human gameplay, Map Environment“ video to see torch and candle fire particle effects.
See „Return to Church Mod - Vampire 1st class gameplay“ video to see vampire feeding, bat polymorphing particle effects.
See „Return to Church Mod - Werewolf 1st class gameplay“ video to see werewolf feeding particle effects.

Sound effects: so far RTC has 84 custom sounds, but only 1/4th of all sounds were covered.

Mapping: rtc_trade is 85% done, rtc_catacombs is 75% done.
Here are some new screenshots of maps:

rtc_catacombs new section of map.
Posted Image
This section connects catacombs to werewolf spawn place/cave.

rtc_trade: Map overview
Posted Image
Both maps will feature HDR.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Lanterns in map are breakable. Torches are extinguishable. Some visual effects are dynamic in map. (one round it will be there, one not, etc...)

Posted Image
The bell tower is now smaller and more important structure.

Posted Image
The tower is now accessible, Five floors and sixth is rooftop floor.

Posted Image
Vampire spawn place from one side.

Posted Image
Vampire spawn place from another side.

Programming: Lots of programming was done, however it's not worth to mention those things.

Videos:

„Return to Church Mod - Vampire 1st class gameplay“

„Return to Church Mod - Werewolf 1st class gameplay“

„Return to Church Mod - Human gameplay, Map Environment“

Return to Church mod official steamgroup was created
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ReturnToChurch
This group is public. Feel free to join us now!

Edited by Elitic, 09 May 2010 - 15:13.

Posted Image

#2 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 22:04

Awesome work man awesome work. I especially liked the "scent" in the Werewolf vision and the Howl ability (especially how awesome is the vampire sound when he stands up :P). Though the only thing that was looking somewhat weird was the smoke when the vampire transforms into the bat...it kinda looks too "graphical" (unnatural) but other than that everything looks great.

You seem to have made alot of progress. I am wondering how close are you to releasing a playable version? (I could make a thread about this mod on a forum or two so just asking)

Edited by TehKiller, 09 May 2010 - 22:05.

Posted Image

#3 LobiAlkon

• 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 00:13

It looks really awesome, i cant wait for it... I hope you release it on May 30, as you said time ago... In the community i am right now, im going to talk with the administrator to open an Argentinian server, and try to make this really cool mod more known in the world... Ive already told argentinians about it, the players from Vampire Slayer said it was a really good mod, so, we are all waiting for it.

I joined the group on steam, and i add you ass a friend, so, if you need an idea, i can give you some... The map enviroment looks amazing!

GoodBye!

#4 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:38

Looking rather epic, I am pretty certain this is my favourite of the current crop of modifications on Fallout Studios. Good work Elitic.

#5 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 10 May 2010 - 13:17

Top stuff, looking forward to seeing those weapons textured

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 13:22

I love the stake effect you've given to the vampires. Great idea.

#7 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 10 May 2010 - 17:54

Some nice progress, I especially like the scent mode for the werewolf.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Elitic

Visitor

• Project Leader
  • 43 posts
  • Projects: Return to Church

Posted 11 May 2010 - 14:48

View PostTehKiller, on 10 May 2010, 1:04, said:

Awesome work man awesome work. I especially liked the "scent" in the Werewolf vision and the Howl ability (especially how awesome is the vampire sound when he stands up 8|). Though the only thing that was looking somewhat weird was the smoke when the vampire transforms into the bat...it kinda looks too "graphical" (unnatural) but other than that everything looks great.

You seem to have made alot of progress. 1 I am wondering how close are you to releasing a playable version? (2 I could make a thread about this mod on a forum or two so just asking)

1:Thanks, programming side it's almost done to start private beta testing sessions, however some weapons are still needed to be implemented yet and 2 more powers left (4th power was done yesterday, however I won't reveal it for now :P ). Maps aren't yet completed yet, but some work on them may make them done. But the modelling and texturing is slowing down everything, It takes a lot of time to make good stuff.

2:It would be wonderful if you could

View PostLobiAlkon, on 10 May 2010, 3:13, said:

It looks really awesome, i cant wait for it... I hope you release it on May 30, as you said time ago... In the community i am right now, im going to talk with the administrator to open an Argentinian server, and try to make this really cool mod more known in the world... Ive already told argentinians about it, the players from Vampire Slayer said it was a really good mod, so, we are all waiting for it.

I joined the group on steam, and i add you ass a friend, so, if you need an idea, i can give you some... The map enviroment looks amazing!

GoodBye!

Thanks, It would be really great to have some servers. Yes, I said May 30, but let's hope I'll be to push RTC to playable state to start closed/open beta testing until then.

Edited by Elitic, 11 May 2010 - 14:49.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users