←  Role Playing Games

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Warhammer 40K - The MMO

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 15 Jun 2010

BOYZ, GET TA DA CHOPPAZ!
Edited by Hobbḗsy, 17 June 2010 - 01:50.

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 15 Jun 2010

OH! HECK! YES! |8

Alias's Photo Alias 16 Jun 2010

Only 4 races. ;_;

Warlock's Photo Warlock 16 Jun 2010

Looks, extremely decent, I'm gonna be looking forward to this one |8

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 16 Jun 2010

Posted Image

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 16 Jun 2010

Looks fun. Knowing the MMOness, I expect more races to be added through expansion packs.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 16 Jun 2010

looks very neat. too bad I don't play MMO :(
why they don't make a WH40K FPS game instead?
Edited by n5p29, 16 June 2010 - 12:03.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 16 Jun 2010

I think it would be cooler as a RPG in the style of Fallout 3/Stalker. MMOs tend to look the same since WoW.
Edited by TheDR, 16 June 2010 - 12:03.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 16 Jun 2010

All I have to say is: WAAAGH!!

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 16 Jun 2010

Nooka, when the game is released (in 5+ years probably) will you promise me that we start an Ork guild together?

n5p29, Theres already an FPS, its named Fire Warrior, according to what I've heard, it should be...decent. Nothing special. There's also the upcoming Space Marine. Although that's more of an action game.
Edited by SquigDR, 16 June 2010 - 14:59.

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 16 Jun 2010

One more I have to say this: FOR TERRA AND CHAPTER!

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 17 Jun 2010

@Squig: Per'apz...den again, per'apz not. I dun't promise nuffin', ya runtie squig. Posted Image Also, it's not a "guild" Orkz got, we'z got KLANZ! Posted Image Plus, pay-to-play isn't my style (although.........there are ORKZ.)

Now that I've seen the trailer, all I can say is YES! YES! YES! The Space Marines are proper Black Templars, and because of the race choices that would be available from the start, BT's are the perfect chapter to fight against Ork, Chaos, and Imperial Guard (Why? Well for starters, it fits their fluff.) Chaos seems to be "Undivided", judging by the Berserkers, and the Great Unclean One. I would hope that when this game is completed, that you are able to chose whatever chapter/legion/klan/regiment (and eventually kabal/craftworld/sept/swarm) you want.

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 17 Jun 2010

'Dis roight here's gon' be a good n' proppa' WAAAAAAGH!
Edited by Hobbḗsy, 17 June 2010 - 01:46.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 17 Jun 2010

Funny, I posted a topic about this on /tg/ (the guys who invented Angry Marines and just about every single WH40K related meme ever), at first it was like "WOOOOT AWSOME!" 2 threads later and they all hate it intensely (they think the idea of chaos and orkz grouping up is going to ruin it, or they're just bitching about no SoB/Tau), it was better than when the "Space Marine" trailer was released though.
Edited by SquigDR, 17 June 2010 - 08:33.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 17 Jun 2010

Ork and Chaos? sounds like Scourge much 8|

View PostSquigDR, on 16 Jun 2010, 21:58, said:

n5p29, Theres already an FPS, its named Fire Warrior, according to what I've heard, it should be...decent. Nothing special. There's also the upcoming Space Marine. Although that's more of an action game.

I see Fire Warrior graphic not as good as this MMO. not sure about Space Marine one.

SonicBoom's Photo SonicBoom 18 Jun 2010

That's because Fire warrior is 7 years old.

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 18 Jun 2010

Ye...name me a game that had uber awesome graphics at that time (other than FarCry and Max Payne 2)

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 21 Jun 2010

View PostSquigDR, on 17 Jun 2010, 18:32, said:

they think the idea of chaos and orkz grouping up is going to ruin it

Can't say I blame them. Are they going for the oh so typical good team vs bad team?

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 21 Jun 2010

Yeah, while I don't think it will utterly destroy the game, it did make me facepalm.

But we are talking about /tg/ the most extremely geeky geeks on the internet.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 21 Jun 2010

Yeah, but to me the one really big thing about the 40k universe is that there are so many factions, none of which actually get along.