Fallout Studios Forums

»

Battlefield 3 Discussion

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 31 Jul 2010

Get access to the Beta with the Medal of Honor Limited Edition Pre-Order

Not just a rumor this time!
Edited by TheDR, 11 March 2011 - 10:09.

Alias's Photo Alias 31 Jul 2010

inb4 the exact same thing as BC2 with new skins.

Honestly, why do you continue to buy the same shit.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 31 Jul 2010

I wonder however, is it another Modern-era game, or a "BF2142-2? I'd much rather want to see a continuation of '42 than of BF2 TBH.

GuardianTempest's Photo GuardianTempest 31 Jul 2010

I sense an imminent catastrophe.

Kris's Photo Kris 31 Jul 2010

Alias, on 31 Jul 2010, 17:20, said:

Same thing can be said on Sims players |8

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 31 Jul 2010

I still have some faith in DICE. The first 2 battlefields are great games. I'm gonna wait to see what kind of game they are gonna make.

Alias, on 31 Jul 2010, 10:20, said:

Inb4 play it b4 you make such statements please, Ive got the MoH beta and its really good.

If Battlefield 3 is anything like Battlefield 2 or 2142 its going to be epic.

Alias's Photo Alias 31 Jul 2010

DICE has a proven track record of both recreating the same game five times along with being EA's dog. I think it's fairly obvious how it will be like before playing it.

The last 'good' Battlefield game was BF2, because that was actually a step above the previous lot.
I still rank Vietnam as the best out of the series, though.

The first Bad Company was a great game, anyway, clearly we disagree here and this will only go in circles.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 31 Jul 2010

So Battlefield 3 is going to be a console port...

After playing Bad Company 2 and the Medal of Honor beta, I can safely say that I don't like DICE as a developer and won't be holding my breath for this title. I find the controls in their games clunky and awkward and it just makes the experience feel like a chore.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 31 Jul 2010

Stinger, on 31 Jul 2010, 20:49, said:

So Battlefield 3 is going to be a console port...

After playing Bad Company 2 and the Medal of Honor beta, I can safely say that I don't like DICE as a developer and won't be holding my breath for this title. I find the controls in their games clunky and awkward and it just makes the experience feel like a chore.
Well, this. I haven't even played MoH beta but from what I've heard I can pretty safely say I wouldn't enjoy it for more than two minutes before utter frustration would take over. Gave BF a chance with BC2, not gonna make the same mistake ever again.

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 01 Aug 2010

A Battlefield game to be good needs to be PC exclusive. Thats all.

CoD was way better before, when the console versions were ports instead of the other way around. Same thing is with BF

Zhao's Photo Zhao 01 Aug 2010

Am i the only one who perfers BF2 over the rest?

Wizard's Photo Wizard 01 Aug 2010

I don't know enough about the BF series to be an expert but BFBC2 was as annoying as it was entertaining. My question would be what are they going to be doing to advance the BF3 beyond what BFBC2 was?? The destructible environments were good, vehicles worked pretty well for me, campaign was ok, if short and the MP has value if not ever lasting. Can they really make BF3 soo monumental that it will be worth buying over just replaying BFBC2?? I prefer to see an advance in both gameplay and game engine and I just don't see how they'll do that this time.

Kalo's Photo Kalo 01 Aug 2010

Alias : Well, true, but remember they did make Vietnam before BF2. So that makes me wonder if they had to go through all these titles (Yeah, there is a lot of them I know.) before they get it right. Hoping that Bf3 isn't as shitty as Bad Company 2.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 01 Aug 2010

Kalo, on 1 Aug 2010, 16:22, said:

Hoping that Bf3 isn't as shitty as Bad Company 2.

Wait..... what? What happened to the unwaivering defense of BC2?

Zhao's Photo Zhao 01 Aug 2010

BC2 looks boring to me tbh =/

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 01 Aug 2010

Wizard, on 1 Aug 2010, 16:35, said:

Once we played the game, it failed horribly.

A mix of BF2 and BC1/1943 would be perfect

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 01 Aug 2010

Y'all sure optimistic ay?

Kalo's Photo Kalo 01 Aug 2010

It's a great game, but lets compare it to the sheer awesomeness that is BF2 or even 2142 (which wasn't a big hit) and it's a horrible game. I have a bunch of qualms with the game, like small maps, models not looking as good as they could (Minus player models) and lack of jets. Things like that, and the fact that it's not 64 players is also a killer.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 02 Aug 2010

Pav:3d, on 1 Aug 2010, 22:04, said:

Once we played the game, it failed horribly.

A mix of BF2 and BC1/1943 would be perfect

Just don't get your hopes up that this is going to be any better.

DICE are EA's new games factory now. Just look at the number of titles they have been working on in the past year - BC2, BC2: Vietnam, Medal of Honor, and now Battlefield 3 (which was most likely in very early production). You can see how the quality of the games has taken a hit due to EA's imposed release schedules and resources being stretched to their limits.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 02 Aug 2010

If this is played like BF2 and not like Bad Company, I'll be all over it. But the Bad Company style games still feel like console ports.

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 06 Aug 2010

Article that gives me a bit of hope

To summarise it, DICE are telling us that the version of Frostbite 2 that they're using in BF3 will be properly optimised for the PC, allowing the engine to run at its full potential. What they seem to be saying is that the version of the engine used in BC2 only really ran within the threshold of console hardware. (though that comes as no surprise)

Also, the engine is being primarily developed for DX11 and will be "especially optimized" for 64-bit. This is also means they're leaving behind XP and DX9 for good.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 06 Aug 2010

I can only hope that what is being said is true. Now I need to look into getting a DX11 card <_<

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 08 Aug 2010

Oh Boy, shitton of BF2 mods to be ported to BF3. Happy Day!