←  First Person Shooters

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Duke Nukem Forever is ressurected

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 12 Aug 2010

Link

Will we ever get to play it... :duh:

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 12 Aug 2010

Somebody needs to stop beating this dead horse. It isn't funny anymore.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 12 Aug 2010

Yay?

Teron will be happy :duh:

Chyros's Photo Chyros 13 Aug 2010

Duke Nukem If Ever? :duh:

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 13 Aug 2010

I gave up caring years ago, do people still care then? I guess they must.. though if this is released its going to have so much to live up to that if it isn't the best game ever it will be a dissapointment.

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 13 Aug 2010

I suggest that the admins change the post date of this topic to 10 years in the future. It'll be just as relevant then. :duh:
Edited by CodeCat, 13 August 2010 - 19:41.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 13 Aug 2010

View PostCodeCat, on 13 Aug 2010, 19:07, said:

I suggest that the admins change the post date of this topic to 10 years in the future. I'll be just as relevant then. :duh:

Hurr Durr

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 13 Aug 2010

I won't be holding my breath.

Mike

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 13 Aug 2010

View PostCodeCat, on 13 Aug 2010, 17:07, said:

I suggest that the admins change the post date of this topic to 10 years in the future. I'll be just as relevant then. :duh:

Oh snap!

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 15 Aug 2010

Duke Nukem Lol Never

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 15 Aug 2010

Well, at least a competent studio has it now :read:

Kris's Photo Kris 18 Aug 2010

They resurrected this game...again? If so, they should rename it to "Duke Nukem: Now or Never" :xD:
Edited by Kris, 18 August 2010 - 13:25.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 18 Aug 2010

I was 17 when this game was originally announced - any feelings of excitment that I had for it have long since past.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 18 Aug 2010

Way to give Gearbox a Herculian challenge. I expect this game to get released when world peace is achieved and famine eradicated.

Libains's Photo Libains 18 Aug 2010

This seems to be a curse of a videogame - all I can say is that I hope it doesn't drag Gearbox under, they've done some fine things for videogamers over the years. The game itself, just doesn't bother me. I remember being excited about it when I was about 8 - not long after I had played Duke Nukem 3D for the first time. Like Stinger, I no longer have any feelings of excitement attached to it.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 07 Sep 2010

In before mediocrity.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 07 Sep 2010

slowpoke.jpg

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 07 Sep 2010

doesn't look massively special.
I will wait to see more before i start to care :confused:

Mike

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 07 Sep 2010

doesn't seem bad but doesn't seem very good either. if they introduce enough comic relief, I could overlook the gameplay that is bound to be very predictable.

Kris's Photo Kris 07 Sep 2010

What i really liked about that video is how they made the FPS look. You can actually see your body instead of your floating hands only..

Also, EGO bar lol :confused:
Edited by Kris, 07 September 2010 - 15:43.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 07 Sep 2010

This is a good example of why they should never permit non press to record gameplay footage at open events - the quality is lousy and doesn't paint a positive picture of the game. How can you judge that when it looks like footage from a UFO sighting?

@ Kris, what you're referring to is called "full body awareness". I think it should be a staple in modern FPSes as it adds to the immersion.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 07 Sep 2010

View PostStinger, on 7 Sep 2010, 18:28, said:

@ Kris, what you're referring to is called "full body awareness". I think it should be a staple in modern FPSes as it adds to the immersion.

Agreed, I hate it when you're essentially a floating camera with arms.

WarMenace's Photo WarMenace 07 Sep 2010

This game don't look half bad, I'd have to give it a shot when it's released... Whenever that is.

Stalker's Photo Stalker 09 Sep 2010

This Game is pure evil, because that video above crashed my PC twice -.-

TheDR's Photo TheDR 13 Oct 2010

You can get the demo early if you bought the Borderlands GOTY addition or bought Borderlands on steam.

Wack the CD key into this site.