Am I glad I have that game :P
*enters key*
Groovy! :xD:
Posted Image

#27 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:15

Fuuuck hurry up and finish the game all ready 8|

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#28 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:29

Good news everyone!

A bunch of fans have decided to remake Duke Nukem 3D. Even better, Gearbox have given them their seal of approval, which means they won't get their eyes poked out with rusty needles by legal teams.

Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#29 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:38

Ehm, what engine / link to mod? 8|
Posted Image

#30 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:54

I saw this yesterday. It uses the Unreal Engine 3 and you have to own a game on that engine to be able to play it.

Like the Half-Life mod "Black Mesa", you probably won't see it for a very long time so don't hold your breath.

#31 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:01

Who's doing the voiceovers? 8|
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:05

View PostStinger, on 16 Oct 2010, 20:54, said:

I saw this yesterday. It uses the Unreal Engine 3 and you have to own a game on that engine to be able to play it.

Like the Half-Life mod "Black Mesa", you probably won't see it for a very long time so don't hold your breath.
I doubt that you'll need an Unreal Engine 3 game because of the advent of UDK. There's practically zero mods for UT3 anymore because they've all moved to UDK.

Posted Image

#33 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:11

View PostAlias, on 16 Oct 2010, 11:05, said:

View PostStinger, on 16 Oct 2010, 20:54, said:

I doubt that you'll need an Unreal Engine 3 game because of the advent of UDK. There's practically zero mods for UT3 anymore because they've all moved to UDK.

Not all. RenegadeX still requires UT3 (even though they are converting it to the UDK).
Posted Image

#34 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:52

Well in that case, they are moving to UDK so soon you won't need UT3 8|
Posted Image

#35 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:54

View PostStinger, on 16 Oct 2010, 11:54, said:

The mod team said that they're expecting to finish it fast. Although that doesn't mean much in a mod community.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#36 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 21 January 2011 - 14:59

The duke gets a date!

May 6th

Link

watchitgetdelayedagain

Edited by Bob, 21 January 2011 - 15:27.
Fixed link.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 16:34

Cheers bawb :whaa:

Shit gets real with box art and reveal trailer:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 21 January 2011 - 16:52

I like the fact that they aren't taking themselves too seriously with jokes about the massive delay and such but tbh this looks like a terrible game :whaa:
Its basically all thats wrong with games these days. Generic combat, abysmal character and no plot.
We may have a new benchmark for generic shooters. Also, after all the waiting, getting this at the end is rather humorous.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 17:11

Worst. Trailer. Ever. It couldn't be any more.... generic. Graphics look poor, the vehicle sections look abysmal (no real physics to the vehicles for a start), and they seem to have spent half of their time pixelating body parts.
For there can be no death without life.

#40 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 17:15

View PostAJ, on 21 Jan 2011, 17:11, said:

Worst. Trailer. Ever. It couldn't be any more.... generic. Graphics look poor, the vehicle sections look abysmal (no real physics to the vehicles for a start), and they seem to have spent half of their time pixelating body parts.

Agreed, They really have let themselves down graphics-wise

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 17:33

This is the one and only time I've ever said this, but I do not care at all if it's generic, cause it looks absolutely hilarious.

Edited by SquigPie, 21 January 2011 - 17:34.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#42 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 18:14

The trailer doesn't look impressive at all...

But I just don't care. I'm really looking forward to this game. Finally a funny fps game! I'm getting sick of all the moderm-warfare-spec-ops-whatever-games lately.

If the jokes, weapons and bossfights are ok, there's nothing else you'll need.
Posted Image

#43 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 18:15

View PostSquigPie, on 21 Jan 2011, 18:33, said:

This is the one and only time I've ever said this, but I do not care at all if it's generic, cause it looks absolutely hilarious.

i agree completely.
it's time to wake up

#44 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 18:44

**Shock post incoming**

View PostSquigPie, on 21 Jan 2011, 17:33, said:

I have to agree here. Forget all the stuff that we expect from a shooter, how would they ever live up to a 12 year wait. Just make it simple and fun (alright, maybe "fun" is substituted for _funny_).

Tits, arse, explosions and bigs guns. Beats CoD:BO hands down without even playing it.

#45 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 18:50

I'm having to side with Wiz, Squig and Camille.
Yeah sure, it's graphics aren't top notch, but thats one of the reasons why it hasn't been released in 12 years, they kept trying to make the graphics better D:

The trailer is generic because thats the whole point of Duke Nukem games, it's a parody game that doesn't take anything seriously. It's a nice change in today's market of ultra realistic shooters.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#46 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 19:17

Yeah I'm likely gonna get this game for lulz factor alone. As long as the controls aren't gonna piss me off it should be fun :whaa:
Posted Image

#47 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 20:30

Yay! People agree with me! :whaa:

Anyway, I've always had a weak spot for this kind of entertainment, the loud, crude, awesome, silly, overthetop action movies/games. One of my favorite movies is Commando, afterall.
I just like to have a shooter that doesn't take itself seriously at all, doesn't attempt to be deep or realistic, we've had more than enough of those recently, and most (perhaps all) ended up failing.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#48 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 21 January 2011 - 21:07

I'm not sure its generic because they don't take themselves seriously, just because its not a very good game :whaa:
There seems to be no inspiration other than to play on some stupid stereotypes.
I will leave this game to you guys :P

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 21:28

This game will definitely NOT have lasting appeal imo
Posted Image

#50 WarMenace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Tester
  • 624 posts
  • Projects: None.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 22:36

If this game even has multiplayer, I'm throwing MW2 and Black Ops out the window.
"Sup son? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" - dSeleCT. Team Dignitas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users