←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Skirmish AI Titles

ni.va's Photo ni.va 28 Sep 2010

Hi

I liked the Idea of changing AI Names to What they do... But it could be better if the real AI name was after the Title, Since the AI greats before the battle.

Since it is not a bug I decided to make a topic for it.

& Again Thanks for your hard work!! Keep up Guys!!
Edited by ni.va, 23 October 2010 - 06:20.

vader333's Photo vader333 10 Nov 2010

Changing the names of the AI is a good, if minor suggestion, as it clarifies what the AI actually will do. But I'm really for further development of the AI, as opposed to merely changing the names. If Easy could be raised to Medium, Medium to Hard, and Hard to a custom AI that is truly good at multitasking and responding to pushes, as well as rapidly expanding and harassment, but without the annoying double ore collection and half price, half build time 'hack' that makes it impossible to play normally with the Brutal AI; if that were possible, then it would be really awesome.

V.Metalic's Photo V.Metalic 10 Nov 2010

Isnt it the point that the Brutal AI is really "brutal"? :P

vader333's Photo vader333 13 Nov 2010

Brutal, in the sense of extremely difficult to win, but not impossible. Further more, Brutal is very unlike a human intelligence, and doesn't allow you to apply tactics you would use with other players. Which is presumably the purpose of AI: to prepare one for play with other players.

R3ven's Photo R3ven 13 Nov 2010

Brutal AIs are possible to beat, they are still brainless and can't adapt well.

vader333's Photo vader333 13 Nov 2010

Ok, perhaps I'm not as good a player, but I'd still be more comfortable if the AI were smarter, and didn't win due to advantages not related to strategy. If it's possible. Still, this suggestion is a long way off in implementation, as AI is complex programming, so I guess better not discuss now.

V.Metalic's Photo V.Metalic 13 Nov 2010

Maybe you are, maybe not. Even brutal sends many units on you, you can just switch to turtle tactic and hold him off until he depletes the resources. Even brutal cant have infinite money sources.

Maybe there will be a changes of AI, but I dont know.
Edited by V.Metalic, 13 November 2010 - 07:28.