Hawaii Lava Rock Curse

14 replies to this topic

#1 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts
  • Projects: I'm with the Mapper Guild Projects

Posted 09 November 2010 - 16:01

The reason I bring up this topic is because I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or heard about it. In 2001 I took a Hawaii trip with my family and we had a great time. So, I decide to take this lava rock and this park ranger says "If you take that you will have bad luck until you return it." In which I did not believe the park ranger, so I took it anyways. Ever since I have had nothing but medical problems, financial issues, car wrecks with my parents, I got sprayed by a skunk and went to school, and a lot of other things. It is like my life has been darker than it was. Also the day that my family and I left Hawaii, the volcano erupted the next day. Now that I have a bad feeling about this rock I'm mailing it back tomorrow. I think I believe in curses now...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 23:21

lol

#3 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:33

I'm totally serious about this, except for the time with the skunk and going to school, anyways check out this website.

They have rooms full of boxes of where people had returned the rocks back because of bad luck.

Article and comments
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 15 November 2010 - 20:32

View PostBoidy, on 10 Nov 2010, 1:21, said:

lol

this isn't the spam forum you know

As to this topic, personally, I'm not superstitious. If you believe bad things are meant to happen to you, you will just notice them more. At least that's my belief.
Posted Image

#5 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 29 November 2010 - 14:23

It sounds to me like the rock definitely has something to do with the problems you are facing. Derp.

#6 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 21:11

kill the rock.
it's time to wake up

#7 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:25

Dunk it in holy water.

Or smash it with a mallet.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#8 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:13

I usually don't believe in this kind of things.. But just to be sure, return the rock OR SMASH IT then drench it with holy water!

#9 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 04 December 2010 - 16:41

Mail the rock my way! I think i can take this superstition on, my luck is hit and miss all the time like tonight i got breathalysed and i wasn't drinking for once but i nearly got killed at work the other week.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#10 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 17:15

I'm sure loads of people take the rocks and nothing happens to them, but you don't hear about it because they don't notice. You only hear about the bad stories because people who feel like they are cursed search around for other bad stories to prove that their "bad luck" isn't just a set of bad decisions but some sort of mumbo jumbo curse. They then end up sharing their bad stories which adds to the web of people who have had "bad luck".

Everyone always loves a good scapegoat, why bother trying to look at the good side or sort out your problems when you can just mail back the mystic rock you got. Ridiculous stuff which doesn't have any viable proof apart from a few scary stories on the internet which may or may not be fictional.

The problems you may be having Umbrella Secrets, aren't to do with any curse, they are just life. I recommend trying to just focus on the good parts of your day, but i really think this whole "cursed rock" is just a waste of time. Save your postage money and buy yourself a bar of chocolate or something :P
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#11 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 18:14

I went to Hawaii sophomore year of high school with my Earth Science Class. We walked the several miles of lava fields in front of Kilauea to get to flowing lava, and I proceeded to dip my rock hammer in the lava, pull out a nice-sized gob of it and pour a full water bottle of water on it to make it harden. It didn't cool for a full ten minutes, but afterwards, I had an awesome sample of A'a lava rock, complete with hammer mark!

After 7 years of having the rock(s) I've had both good and bad luck. Pele the Hawaiian goddess has not come after me, I haven't experienced anything abnormal... It's not the rock. :P

View PostTheDR, on 4 Dec 2010, 12:15, said:

Save your postage money and buy yourself a bar of chocolate or something :P

Follow the good Doctor's advice. :P
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#12 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 00:21

All I can say is that I sent the lava rock back and now I feel weither it is a curse or not.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:16

View PostUmbrella Secrets, on 5 Dec 2010, 8:21, said:

All I can say is that I sent the lava rock back and now I feel weither it is a curse or not.

It would be funny if its sitting on your front door step the next morning.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#14 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:41

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 5 Dec 2010, 5:16, said:

I would be really freaked if that happened lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 14:58

View PostUmbrella Secrets, on 5 Dec 2010, 13:41, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 5 Dec 2010, 5:16, said:

I would be really freaked if that happened lol

Somehow, that sounds like the idea for the lamest horror movie ever :rolleyes:

On topic though, well, I've never really believed in superstitious things (inb4 christianity is superstition). But it's a possibility, sometimes it really seems like there's more between heaven and earth, with all the insane coincidences and such, or perhaps Fate is just having his fun.
This is a good reason to always, ALWAYS listen to locals when they tell you not to touch/take/rape something.

Edited by SquigPie, 06 December 2010 - 14:58.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users