Wikileaks poll

20 replies to this topic

Poll: Freedom of speech, how important do we find it? (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you follow the news about wikileaks?

1. Yes (32 votes [82.05%])

Percentage of vote: 82.05%

2. No (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

What do you think about the events?

1. Interesting (31 votes [79.49%])

Percentage of vote: 79.49%

2. Nothing special (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

3. I couldn't care less (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

What do you think about Assange (founder of Wikileaks)?

1. He is a hero (18 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. He is just someone crying for attention (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

3. He is a terrorist (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

4. I do not care (11 votes [28.21%])

Percentage of vote: 28.21%

5. He is okay, I guess (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Do you support Annonymous in their battle for Wikileaks?

1. Yes, I have been thinking about joining (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Yes, I find it interesting/amusing (18 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. No, its not the way to solve the problem (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. No, its just plain wrong (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 pirate

The friendly scourge of the seven seas

• Project Leader
  • 1256 posts
  • Projects: GenerationX, Forgotten Fury, European Conflict and more

Posted 12 December 2010 - 16:59

Hello, I found it interesting to know about how this forum's people think about wikileaks 8|.

you don't have to post, but please fill in the poll |8

Pirate

Edited by pirate, 13 December 2010 - 18:35.

Proud leader of Forgotten Fury and co-leader of European Conflict

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 12 December 2010 - 17:57

Yes, Interesting, couldn't care less though the arrest situation is a bit to conincidental, don't support anonymous.

Could an option be added for " Don't care " on the Julian Assange question?

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 12 December 2010 - 17:58.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 20:21

The more I hear about Julian Assange the more I'm convinced he's a nutter.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#4 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 12 December 2010 - 20:52

I support the whole wikileaks leaking all this confidencial information; this is the kinda stuff that prevents the government from doing bad and/or stupid things, because with this info, if they really did something bad, they could be held accoutable.

I like what assange is doing, but I have no doubt that he's overtly paranoid and prolly a little on the crazy side.

I wopuld be interested in manning the LOIC, but not being the LOIC gunner. I already have the insurance file, just out of curiosity really. (just google 'insurance.aes256 download' and you'll find plenty of torrents for it; it's superseeded and is only 1.4 G, so it's not that much of a hassel to have).

Edited by NergiZed, 12 December 2010 - 20:53.

#5 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 21:59

I support Wikileaks and the idea behind it, but not necessarily the people behind it. I don't consider Assange a hero at all, though I do of course admire him for putting it up. Other than that, I think it's more the leakers that are the heroes than him.

Edited by Chyros, 12 December 2010 - 22:01.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 12 December 2010 - 22:31

1. Yes
2. Interesting.
3. I don't care.
4. No, it's not the way to solve the problem.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#7 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 00:04

I'd Support Wikileaks because I find the website interesting, but I really don't care about the people behind it, namely Assange, the Leakers are the ones that should be credited much more than Assange.

#8 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:58

1. Yes
2. Nothing special
3. Attention whore
4. No, it's not the way to solve the problem.

View PostRaiDK, on 12 Dec 2010, 20:21, said:

The more I hear about Julian Assange the more I'm convinced he's a nutter.

Totally agree with that statement, although I suspect his current charges are speculative in the extreme....

View PostChyros, on 12 Dec 2010, 21:59, said:

I support Wikileaks and the idea behind it, but not necessarily the people behind it.

Again, totally agree.

Anonymous is just a 4chan outreach programme for frustrated hackers.

#9 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:52

For the Julian Assange question, I would've preferred an option like "he's an okay/average person".

Edited by deltaepsilon, 13 December 2010 - 10:53.

----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#10 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 13 December 2010 - 18:01

I think the whole world should stop acting like Assange is the greatest terrorist in the world (even greater then Bin Laden), and leave him alone. Hell, I'm 100% sure that the charges against him in Sweden are only to set him up and put him in jail.

To answer the poll:
Yes, I'm following this.
I'm interested in this.
I voted for He's a Hero, as that is the closest to my opinion of the 4.
And no, I won't join (especially not after 2 Dutch ppl have been arrested, silly Government), but I do find it amusing to see how the companies are being screwed by a simple DDoS :P
Posted Image

#11 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:30

View PostDutchygamer, on 13 Dec 2010, 13:01, said:

I think the whole world should stop acting like Assange is the greatest terrorist in the world (even greater then Bin Laden), and leave him alone. Hell, I'm 100% sure that the charges against him in Sweden are only to set him up and put him in jail.

To answer the poll:
Yes, I'm following this.
I'm interested in this.
I voted for He's a Hero, as that is the closest to my opinion of the 4.
And no, I won't join (especially not after 2 Dutch ppl have been arrested, silly Government), but I do find it amusing to see how the companies are being screwed by a simple DDoS :xD:

I find his crime that put him in jail hilarious. He's basically had sex with a whore and him condemn broke.

#12 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 16 December 2010 - 21:39

I think Assange is yet another attention whore though his jail sentence is pure BS |8

The "heroes" in this scenario are the leakers/document traders/document thieves.
Posted Image

#13 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:27

Id like to know how he's getting a hold of the information.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#14 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 14:54

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 17 Dec 2010, 10:27, said:

Id like to know how he's getting a hold of the information.

It's being leaked by those in governments and companies who either don't like their employer or think that their employer is doing something or hiding something people deserve to know about. Like previous people have said, they're the heroes, not Assange.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 General Kirkov

The very model of a modern major general...

• 1749 posts
  • Projects: MOF book!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 15:55

You might have to change/add an option under the what do you think of "Assange" to something like; irresponsible information disseminator (I know it's not a real word)

You have no idea how many times troops have had to cancel operations in war zones because mission briefs had been made public. The enemy watches the news/searches the internet = know we are coming = additional casualties.

He is just plain irresponsible, it's fine when Wikileaks releases things like the comportment of the government/military in mundane things but the last bit may have sabotaged the US international relations with foreign governments.

Mr. Assange went a little to far this time around.

However I do buy into (somewhat) the theory of the trumped up charges to get him to stop.
All Proud Canadians put this Mapple Leaf Ribbon in your Signature! Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Clicking on the picture will bring you to the latest part of the stories.
The Terran Invasions: A New Threat Part 5 is now up!
MOF: Lost and Found Epilogue is now up!

Red Storm, TI-Prologue, TI-Chapter 1, MOF #1, MOF #2, MOF # 3, MOF # 4, MOF # 5, MOF # 6

#16 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 17:35

View PostGeneral Kirkov, on 19 Dec 2010, 17:55, said:

the last bit may have sabotaged the US international relations with foreign governments.
Think of it like this though. Whatever would jeopardise these relations came from the US government itself. I for one am not sure how preferable having a relationship with someone who hides a dagger behind his back while you shake his hand really is.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 18:09

View PostGeneral Kirkov, on 19 Dec 2010, 15:55, said:

You might have to change/add an option under the what do you think of "Assange" to something like; irresponsible information disseminator (I know it's not a real word)

You have no idea how many times troops have had to cancel operations in war zones because mission briefs had been made public. The enemy watches the news/searches the internet = know we are coming = additional casualties.

He is just plain irresponsible, it's fine when Wikileaks releases things like the comportment of the government/military in mundane things but the last bit may have sabotaged the US international relations with foreign governments.

Mr. Assange went a little to far this time around.

However I do buy into (somewhat) the theory of the trumped up charges to get him to stop.

Since when did wikileaks reveal mission briefs? As far as I know they never release anything that could endanger lives.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 19 December 2010 - 22:48

View PostChyros, on 19 Dec 2010, 19:35, said:

the last bit may have sabotaged the US international relations with foreign governments.
Think of it like this though. Whatever would jeopardise these relations came from the US government itself. I for one am not sure how preferable having a relationship with someone who hides a dagger behind his back while you shake his hand really is.

Diplomacy has been like this since the dawn of mankind. And it will never ever change. We can't live in the ideal.
Posted Image

#19 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 23:59

View PostScope, on 20 Dec 2010, 0:48, said:

View PostChyros, on 19 Dec 2010, 19:35, said:

Diplomacy has been like this since the dawn of mankind. And it will never ever change. We can't live in the ideal.
Well, perhaps not, but we should definitely strive for it.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 General Kirkov

The very model of a modern major general...

• 1749 posts
  • Projects: MOF book!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 15:59

View PostIon Cannon!, on 19 Dec 2010, 13:09, said:

View PostGeneral Kirkov, on 19 Dec 2010, 15:55, said:

Since when did wikileaks reveal mission briefs? As far as I know they never release anything that could endanger lives.

Ok I might have exaggerated that last bit but briefs find their way online which find their way to the TV. That's what we call stupid reporting.

@Chyros, as far as we know all state governments have similar documents/cables, the problem is that the current US executive branch is brand new and is trying to convey a new message of how they deal with the world. How does this look to other US citizens, or world leaders that felt relatively comfortable dealing with the US diplomatic corps?
All Proud Canadians put this Mapple Leaf Ribbon in your Signature! Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Clicking on the picture will bring you to the latest part of the stories.
The Terran Invasions: A New Threat Part 5 is now up!
MOF: Lost and Found Epilogue is now up!

Red Storm, TI-Prologue, TI-Chapter 1, MOF #1, MOF #2, MOF # 3, MOF # 4, MOF # 5, MOF # 6

#21 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 18:31

View PostGeneral Kirkov, on 20 Dec 2010, 17:59, said:

@Chyros, as far as we know all state governments have similar documents/cables, the problem is that the current US executive branch is brand new and is trying to convey a new message of how they deal with the world. How does this look to other US citizens, or world leaders that felt relatively comfortable dealing with the US diplomatic corps?
Well, personally, if I wanted to convey a diplomatic message, it would probably not be "this country sucks" and "that president is a wimp" and "that country is against us" :lol: .

If they want to do it their way, sure, but I think it's only fair that people would find out the truth. And just because other countries might share this (and I'm stressing the word "might" here) doesn't mean it's right to. If you want to be diplomatic, sure, but if you act like a piece of shit, don't be surprised when the world hates you for it.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users