←  Political Area

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Wikileaks poll

Poll: Freedom of speech, how important do we find it? (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you follow the news about wikileaks?

1. Yes (32 votes [82.05%])

Percentage of vote: 82.05%

2. No (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

What do you think about the events?

1. Interesting (31 votes [79.49%])

Percentage of vote: 79.49%

2. Nothing special (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

3. I couldn't care less (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

What do you think about Assange (founder of Wikileaks)?

1. He is a hero (18 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. He is just someone crying for attention (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

3. He is a terrorist (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

4. I do not care (11 votes [28.21%])

Percentage of vote: 28.21%

5. He is okay, I guess (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Do you support Annonymous in their battle for Wikileaks?

1. Yes, I have been thinking about joining (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Yes, I find it interesting/amusing (18 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. No, its not the way to solve the problem (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. No, its just plain wrong (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

pirate's Photo pirate 12 Dec 2010

Hello, I found it interesting to know about how this forum's people think about wikileaks 8|.

you don't have to post, but please fill in the poll |8

Pirate
Edited by pirate, 13 December 2010 - 18:35.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 12 Dec 2010

Yes, Interesting, couldn't care less though the arrest situation is a bit to conincidental, don't support anonymous.

Could an option be added for " Don't care " on the Julian Assange question?
Edited by Ion Cannon!, 12 December 2010 - 17:58.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 12 Dec 2010

The more I hear about Julian Assange the more I'm convinced he's a nutter.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 12 Dec 2010

I support the whole wikileaks leaking all this confidencial information; this is the kinda stuff that prevents the government from doing bad and/or stupid things, because with this info, if they really did something bad, they could be held accoutable.

I like what assange is doing, but I have no doubt that he's overtly paranoid and prolly a little on the crazy side.

I wopuld be interested in manning the LOIC, but not being the LOIC gunner. I already have the insurance file, just out of curiosity really. (just google 'insurance.aes256 download' and you'll find plenty of torrents for it; it's superseeded and is only 1.4 G, so it's not that much of a hassel to have).
Edited by NergiZed, 12 December 2010 - 20:53.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 12 Dec 2010

I support Wikileaks and the idea behind it, but not necessarily the people behind it. I don't consider Assange a hero at all, though I do of course admire him for putting it up. Other than that, I think it's more the leakers that are the heroes than him.
Edited by Chyros, 12 December 2010 - 22:01.

Soul's Photo Soul 12 Dec 2010

1. Yes
2. Interesting.
3. I don't care.
4. No, it's not the way to solve the problem.

Warlock's Photo Warlock 13 Dec 2010

I'd Support Wikileaks because I find the website interesting, but I really don't care about the people behind it, namely Assange, the Leakers are the ones that should be credited much more than Assange.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 13 Dec 2010

1. Yes
2. Nothing special
3. Attention whore
4. No, it's not the way to solve the problem.

View PostRaiDK, on 12 Dec 2010, 20:21, said:

The more I hear about Julian Assange the more I'm convinced he's a nutter.

Totally agree with that statement, although I suspect his current charges are speculative in the extreme....

View PostChyros, on 12 Dec 2010, 21:59, said:

I support Wikileaks and the idea behind it, but not necessarily the people behind it.

Again, totally agree.

Anonymous is just a 4chan outreach programme for frustrated hackers.

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 13 Dec 2010

For the Julian Assange question, I would've preferred an option like "he's an okay/average person".
Edited by deltaepsilon, 13 December 2010 - 10:53.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 13 Dec 2010

I think the whole world should stop acting like Assange is the greatest terrorist in the world (even greater then Bin Laden), and leave him alone. Hell, I'm 100% sure that the charges against him in Sweden are only to set him up and put him in jail.

To answer the poll:
Yes, I'm following this.
I'm interested in this.
I voted for He's a Hero, as that is the closest to my opinion of the 4.
And no, I won't join (especially not after 2 Dutch ppl have been arrested, silly Government), but I do find it amusing to see how the companies are being screwed by a simple DDoS :P

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 15 Dec 2010

View PostDutchygamer, on 13 Dec 2010, 13:01, said:

I think the whole world should stop acting like Assange is the greatest terrorist in the world (even greater then Bin Laden), and leave him alone. Hell, I'm 100% sure that the charges against him in Sweden are only to set him up and put him in jail.

To answer the poll:
Yes, I'm following this.
I'm interested in this.
I voted for He's a Hero, as that is the closest to my opinion of the 4.
And no, I won't join (especially not after 2 Dutch ppl have been arrested, silly Government), but I do find it amusing to see how the companies are being screwed by a simple DDoS :xD:

I find his crime that put him in jail hilarious. He's basically had sex with a whore and him condemn broke.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 16 Dec 2010

I think Assange is yet another attention whore though his jail sentence is pure BS |8

The "heroes" in this scenario are the leakers/document traders/document thieves.

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 17 Dec 2010

Id like to know how he's getting a hold of the information.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 17 Dec 2010

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 17 Dec 2010, 10:27, said:

Id like to know how he's getting a hold of the information.

It's being leaked by those in governments and companies who either don't like their employer or think that their employer is doing something or hiding something people deserve to know about. Like previous people have said, they're the heroes, not Assange.

General Kirkov's Photo General Kirkov 19 Dec 2010

You might have to change/add an option under the what do you think of "Assange" to something like; irresponsible information disseminator (I know it's not a real word)

You have no idea how many times troops have had to cancel operations in war zones because mission briefs had been made public. The enemy watches the news/searches the internet = know we are coming = additional casualties.

He is just plain irresponsible, it's fine when Wikileaks releases things like the comportment of the government/military in mundane things but the last bit may have sabotaged the US international relations with foreign governments.

Mr. Assange went a little to far this time around.

However I do buy into (somewhat) the theory of the trumped up charges to get him to stop.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 19 Dec 2010

View PostGeneral Kirkov, on 19 Dec 2010, 17:55, said:

the last bit may have sabotaged the US international relations with foreign governments.
Think of it like this though. Whatever would jeopardise these relations came from the US government itself. I for one am not sure how preferable having a relationship with someone who hides a dagger behind his back while you shake his hand really is.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 19 Dec 2010

View PostGeneral Kirkov, on 19 Dec 2010, 15:55, said:

You might have to change/add an option under the what do you think of "Assange" to something like; irresponsible information disseminator (I know it's not a real word)

You have no idea how many times troops have had to cancel operations in war zones because mission briefs had been made public. The enemy watches the news/searches the internet = know we are coming = additional casualties.

He is just plain irresponsible, it's fine when Wikileaks releases things like the comportment of the government/military in mundane things but the last bit may have sabotaged the US international relations with foreign governments.

Mr. Assange went a little to far this time around.

However I do buy into (somewhat) the theory of the trumped up charges to get him to stop.

Since when did wikileaks reveal mission briefs? As far as I know they never release anything that could endanger lives.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 19 Dec 2010

View PostChyros, on 19 Dec 2010, 19:35, said:

the last bit may have sabotaged the US international relations with foreign governments.
Think of it like this though. Whatever would jeopardise these relations came from the US government itself. I for one am not sure how preferable having a relationship with someone who hides a dagger behind his back while you shake his hand really is.

Diplomacy has been like this since the dawn of mankind. And it will never ever change. We can't live in the ideal.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 19 Dec 2010

View PostScope, on 20 Dec 2010, 0:48, said:

View PostChyros, on 19 Dec 2010, 19:35, said:

Diplomacy has been like this since the dawn of mankind. And it will never ever change. We can't live in the ideal.
Well, perhaps not, but we should definitely strive for it.

General Kirkov's Photo General Kirkov 20 Dec 2010

View PostIon Cannon!, on 19 Dec 2010, 13:09, said:

View PostGeneral Kirkov, on 19 Dec 2010, 15:55, said:

Since when did wikileaks reveal mission briefs? As far as I know they never release anything that could endanger lives.

Ok I might have exaggerated that last bit but briefs find their way online which find their way to the TV. That's what we call stupid reporting.

@Chyros, as far as we know all state governments have similar documents/cables, the problem is that the current US executive branch is brand new and is trying to convey a new message of how they deal with the world. How does this look to other US citizens, or world leaders that felt relatively comfortable dealing with the US diplomatic corps?

Chyros's Photo Chyros 20 Dec 2010

View PostGeneral Kirkov, on 20 Dec 2010, 17:59, said:

@Chyros, as far as we know all state governments have similar documents/cables, the problem is that the current US executive branch is brand new and is trying to convey a new message of how they deal with the world. How does this look to other US citizens, or world leaders that felt relatively comfortable dealing with the US diplomatic corps?
Well, personally, if I wanted to convey a diplomatic message, it would probably not be "this country sucks" and "that president is a wimp" and "that country is against us" :lol: .

If they want to do it their way, sure, but I think it's only fair that people would find out the truth. And just because other countries might share this (and I'm stressing the word "might" here) doesn't mean it's right to. If you want to be diplomatic, sure, but if you act like a piece of shit, don't be surprised when the world hates you for it.