←  First Person Shooters

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Modern Warfare 3

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 15 May 2011

Just a random question: am I the only one who thought of the RA2 intro when watching the America version? Especially the part when you see ships and missiles are launched? :xD:

Soul's Photo Soul 15 May 2011

View PostDutchygamer, on 15 May 2011, 13:09, said:

Just a random question: am I the only one who thought of the RA2 intro when watching the America version? Especially the part when you see ships and missiles are launched? :xD:

Nope, I thought the same thing bro.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 15 May 2011

View PostSoul, on 15 May 2011, 20:10, said:

View PostDutchygamer, on 15 May 2011, 13:09, said:

Nope, I thought the same thing bro.
To be fair such a thing is now a rather unoriginal plot. I'm not even sure why people would want to invade America anyway :xD: .

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 16 May 2011

View PostDutchygamer, on 16 May 2011, 3:09, said:

Nope :xD: Tbh, while it may not be particularly original, but I've always been drawn in by these worldwide invasion type plots.
Edited by deltaepsilon, 16 May 2011 - 06:15.

General's Photo General 16 May 2011

View PostChyros, on 15 May 2011, 20:53, said:

To be fair such a thing is now a rather unoriginal plot. I'm not even sure why people would want to invade America anyway :xD: .

Because blowing up things in great cities is much cooler than doing it in small villages ? :xD:

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 16 May 2011

Release date confirmed

Posted Image
Edited by Pav:3d, 16 May 2011 - 09:47.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 16 May 2011

Needs better box art :|

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 16 May 2011

Are you sure that's the actual box-art and not just some press-shot to get the release-date public?

Camille's Photo Camille 16 May 2011

View PostDestiny, on 16 May 2011, 10:00, said:

Needs better box art :|

definitely.

also, 2 days before skyrim goddangit.

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 16 May 2011

And the launch-day is no way affected by the the launch of the new battlefield...

Wizard's Photo Wizard 16 May 2011

View PostWanderer, on 16 May 2011, 12:04, said:

Are you sure that's the actual box-art and not just some press-shot to get the release-date public?

IIRC, most press shot stuff is ultimately the box art. MW2, BO, MoH and BF:BC2 box art was shown like this.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 16 May 2011

View PostPav:3d, on 16 May 2011, 11:47, said:

Wow, they even managed to get the day/month/year system correct for a change :xD: .

Stinger has used some gizmo to reverse the image darkening - according to him, the guy in the pic is black and has a goatee along with some other details. Box art is rather bland IMO but tbh I consider all CoD boxarts to date ugly.

I just need to know there will be recoil, idling and not super overpowered assault rifles, underpowered sniper rifles and excessive explosion damage, no shock and damage disorientation and of course NO DAMAGEVIEWKICK and I'll be happy as a purring kitten.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 16 May 2011

You better pray Chyros, that there's an option to disable DVK :xD:

General's Photo General 16 May 2011

Is it 08.11 or 11.08 ? lol it depens on where you live :xD:

Chyros's Photo Chyros 16 May 2011

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 16 May 2011, 20:28, said:

Is it 08.11 or 11.08 ? lol it depens on where you live 8|
It's an Aussie box art apparently so it's the correct way |8 .

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 16 May 2011

Old news is old 8|

Libains's Photo Libains 24 May 2011

New trailer is new! Pretty nice looking too, although tbh this tells us bugger all about the game itself. Nice to see some good old crappy English emergency services vehicles, though :)

Raven's Photo Raven 24 May 2011

Looks like more of the same high paced campaign play with huuge explosions. For some reason this trailer remembered me about the x-men first class trailer :S

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 24 May 2011

How appropriate - the trailer kicks off with a weapon reload :)

General's Photo General 24 May 2011

I was sure its gonna be epic but now its certain. ( And we even have a friggin car chase ! :) )

Chyros's Photo Chyros 24 May 2011

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 24 May 2011, 6:59, said:

How appropriate - the trailer kicks off with a weapon reload :)
And what a reload it is :sly: .

Well this only tells us about the campaign of course, but I have to say it looks pretty tasty so far :D .

Wizard's Photo Wizard 24 May 2011

View PostChyros, on 24 May 2011, 7:39, said:

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 24 May 2011, 6:59, said:

How appropriate - the trailer kicks off with a weapon reload :D
And what a reload it is :D .

Well this only tells us about the campaign of course, but I have to say it looks pretty tasty so far :D .

I did lol when I saw that as well :xD: but I also agree with Chyros, what a reload :)

Lots more vehicle scenes this time it seems. Including another sodding boat one :sly: but on the whole it does what we expect from MW, makes the SP worth playing (even if the story is a bit meh).

General's Photo General 24 May 2011

Noticed on second time watching; World War 3 slip to Modern Warfare 3 in the logo is an awesome idea :)

Chyros's Photo Chyros 24 May 2011

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 24 May 2011, 9:43, said:

Noticed on second time watching; World War 3 slip to Modern Warfare 3 in the logo is an awesome idea :)
Yeah :sly: .

Note that the vehicle scenes are repeat scenes though - a minigun humvee ride, an AC-130 ride, a boat ride. But still it has lots of grandeur and I'm quite sure it will be a big adrenalin ride. Everything looks pretty nice too, squeezing even more out of the MW engine I guess? Honestly I think the SP will be very nice tbh.

Hoping for a MP trailer soon :D .