←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Unguided Missiles.

Poll: Jav Loaded IFV Ungiuded Missiles (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Jav Loaded IFV Ungiuded Missiles

1. Keep them (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Remove them (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

ni.va's Photo ni.va 11 Apr 2011

Hi

In The Bug Reports Section, I mentioned about a bug that unguided missiles in v 1.c (including GKOs, Javs, Reapers & Jav Loaded IFVs) had. In v 1.11 Unguided Missiles removed from all from the list exept Jav loaded IFVs & the bug still presists.

In my Idea the mentioned bug made the unit almost useless since most of attack aircrafts are moving & it cant hit a moving target.

so if it is buggy why not removing it from game??

I created this topic & poll to hear comunity Ideas about that.

TheWorms's Photo TheWorms 11 Apr 2011

Here, you can see that with a javelin soldier, multigunner IFVs and turrets get equipped with unguided multiple rocket launching systems. Double the damage, clip size and extended range in expense of homing capabilities. Definitely useless against fast moving air targets.

And to other suggestions in which I cannot accept:

-Javelin IFV components

I specifically stated that these become UNGUIDED multiple rocket launching systems. They retain their inaccuracy.

Unless, of course, you prefer generic, "double the clipsize javelin multigunner component", that is easily done.
No buffs, no extra damage, just doubled clipsize. (ie from 3 to 6 turret, 2 to 4 ifv)

I would not be expecting damage nerfs on javelin components after making this other option.

V.Metalic's Photo V.Metalic 11 Apr 2011

I dont actually understand what do you mean here, ni.va. But I found very dissapointing bug, and that Multigunner Turret loaded with Javelin Trooper cant attack air targets.

ni.va's Photo ni.va 12 Apr 2011

So theWorms u mean u took away AA ability instead u doubled the clip size... but the bug not only include air targets, As it is in Pacifier artillery mode...

I think Allies dont need this tweak for AA since they have Cryo IFVs, & Javs & Unloaded IFVs do their job well as tier 1 units.

In my Idea this bug is an annoying bug & annoying bugs dont have to be in game.... but it is your call theWorms...

BTW they are Definitely useless against fast moving air targets, Habinger is not that fast...

V.Metalic's Photo V.Metalic 12 Apr 2011

Cryo IFV no longer can attack air, we decided that makes them too OP, but without Multigunners against air targets, Allies are damnly weak in this way. Actually they have nothing on ground, except a weakened Multigunners. Than practically nothing, even Chrono Tank.

TheWorms's Photo TheWorms 12 Apr 2011

OK, my mistake. I DID forget to put back anti_airborne tags in anti-masks.
With all due respect, it's not a bug. It's how the engine works with scatter radius on moving targets.

My point still stands, if the poll gets enough votes to remove them, I'll change it to just double the clipsize of the gunner missile weapons
Else, I'm adding the anti-air fix in 1.2

EDIT: wait, i thought cryo components anti-air is disabled because frozen units don't drop down and die due to gravity?
Edited by TheWorms, 12 April 2011 - 11:15.

V.Metalic's Photo V.Metalic 12 Apr 2011

View PostTheWorms, on 12 Apr 2011, 10:59, said:

wait, i thought cryo components anti-air is disabled because frozen units don't drop down and die due to gravity?

cryo components dont work on air targets now.

NRedAlert's Photo NRedAlert 14 Apr 2011

View PostV.Metalic, on 12 Apr 2011, 12:31, said:

wait, i thought cryo components anti-air is disabled because frozen units don't drop down and die due to gravity?

Bibber made it so that they did.....

V.Metalic's Photo V.Metalic 14 Apr 2011

View PostNRedAlert, on 14 Apr 2011, 2:14, said:

View PostV.Metalic, on 12 Apr 2011, 12:31, said:

Bibber made it so that they did.....

Havent we (the team) had a long discussion about this? If I remember correctly? That this is really OP?

R3ven's Photo R3ven 17 Apr 2011

I think we did discuss this way back on GRANS. And I'm pretty sure it came down to being too OP. For proof, see first Soviet Mission in RA3:U.