Infantry scaling issue.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 16:10

Like what I point in the description,it looks weird that Commandos are a little bit bigger than normal infrantries.
It wouldn't bother much since they all have faction decals underneath.
And also,I think that Cryos are supposed to have a scale of Tesla Troopers because they all have heavy armors equipped.
Hope you guys consider rescaling them & sorry for my poor english D8

Units that look bigger than normal infantry:Yuriko,Natasha,Tanya,Archer Maiden(in altitude),Allied Engineer & Soviet Engineer.

Edited by Pedro, 14 May 2011 - 11:18.

#2 Com-Link

Regular

• Project Leader
  • 150 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 29 April 2011 - 16:24

Well, on the part of the Commandos: these units are very powerful, so they need to stand out. The logo on the battlefield may not always be visible (clogged infantry formations).

As for the scaling of the 'armoured infantry' compared to the Tesla Trooper:
Tesla Troopers have big, bulky, insulating armour to protect themselves from their own Tesla energy, but also to protect them from their main target: vehicles. And they probably got very thick rubber heels D8

The Cryo Legionnaires just have thicker armour (compared to a Peacekeeper) to shield them from the cold. So the Legionnaires' armour doesn't need to be the same size as the Tesla Troopers.
Posted Image

Mess with the Best
Die like the Rest

#3 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 16:47

View PostCom-Link, on 30 Apr 2011, 0:24, said:

Well, on the part of the Commandos: these units are very powerful, so they need to stand out. The logo on the battlefield may not always be visible (clogged infantry formations).

Tesla Troopers have big, bulky, insulating armour to protect themselves from their own Tesla energy, but also to protect them from their main target: vehicles. And they probably got very thick rubber heels 8|

The Cryo Legionnaires just have thicker armour (compared to a Peacekeeper) to shield them from the cold. So the Legionnaires' armour doesn't need to be the same size as the Tesla Troopers.

k..I can deal with Cryo Legionnaires,but Commandos are just oversized.I mean if you decided to rescale infantry units to make them more realistic,why not "Shrink" the girls too?You could zoom in and really feel the awkwardness,that armored Cryos look like childs in front of Tanya --almost shirtless.Furthermore,ST expand the field of view,which really make infantry units hard to be seen.a slice scale reduction really wouldn't make big differences,decals could take care of that.
P.S I don't get the "clogged infantry formations" part... D8

Edited by Pedro, 29 April 2011 - 17:10.

#4 Com-Link

Regular

• Project Leader
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 17:14

View PostPedro, on 29 Apr 2011, 18:47, said:

Tesla Troopers have big, bulky, insulating armour to protect themselves from their own Tesla energy, but also to protect them from their main target: vehicles. And they probably got very thick rubber heels 8|

k..I can deal with Cryo Legionnaires,but Commandos are just oversized.I mean if you decided to rescale infantry units to make them more realistic,why not "Shrink" the girls too?You could zoom in and really feel the awkwardness,that armored Cryos look like childs in front of Tanya --almost shirtless.Furthermore,ST expand the field of view,which really make infantry units hard to be seen.a slice scale reduction really wouldn't make big differences,decals could take care of that.

Clogged infantry formation:
Lots of soldiers on a small area, like when they're being dropped out of a transport.

I'll forward the 'problem' regarding the commando size to the rest of the team, I can't test it myself at the moment.
Posted Image

Mess with the Best
Die like the Rest

#5 NRedAlert

Casual

• Project Team
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 21:14

View PostCom-Link, on 29 Apr 2011, 11:14, said:

Lots of soldiers on a small area, like when they're being dropped out of a transport.

I'll forward the 'problem' regarding the commando size to the rest of the team, I can't test it myself at the moment.

Posted Image

This is from the current release.

Edited by NRedAlert, 29 April 2011 - 21:14.

Posted Image

#6 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:28

View PostNRedAlert, on 30 Apr 2011, 5:14, said:

View PostCom-Link, on 29 Apr 2011, 11:14, said:

Posted Image

This is from the current release.

Sry...When I said 'Cryos like children' I mean Peacekeepers..You can test again.

Edited by Pedro, 30 April 2011 - 09:59.

#7 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:49

And Conscript?
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#8 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:58

View PostV.Metalic, on 30 Apr 2011, 17:49, said:

And Conscript?

Yea they look like dwarves standing around Natasha too. D8

#9 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:21

Not just Natasha, but also with other infantry, they are more like a rats than humans, and attack dogs compared to other infantry, they are larger than humans, more than wolfhounds D8
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#10 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:37

View PostV.Metalic, on 30 Apr 2011, 20:21, said:

Not just Natasha, but also with other infantry, they are more like a rats than humans, and attack dogs compared to other infantry, they are larger than humans, more than wolfhounds D8

I've just noticed that the size of Archer Maidens are smilar with Yuriko's.In other words,Archer Maidens are bigger than Empire Soldiers & Tank Busters.
Hope the team could shrink them too.

#11 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:56

I checked the original 1.12 of RA3 and it turns out commandos are bigger than normal infantry in default scale.
So you could make them 5%-10% smaller.It would be just nice if they're the same scale of normal infantry.

Edited by Pedro, 04 May 2011 - 13:02.

#12 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:48

I noticed that Natasha in first Soviet campaing mission is not the same model as the normal in the skirmish or Natasha in other campaing misions.
Posted Image

#13 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:58

View PostV.Metalic, on 4 May 2011, 18:48, said:

I noticed that Natasha in first Soviet campaing mission is not the same model as the normal in the skirmish or Natasha in other campaing misions.

Same issue with the Yokohama campaign,Those two Yurikos comes from original version.
I think replacing the XMLs in 'Units_SinglePlayerCampaign' folder with the ones in 'Units' Folder could solve the problem.
Come on,dev guys,where are you!

#14 NRedAlert

Casual

• Project Team
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 16:43

View PostPedro, on 4 May 2011, 6:58, said:

Same issue with the Yokohama campaign,Those two Yurikos comes from original version.
I think replacing the XMLs in 'Units_SinglePlayerCampaign' folder with the ones in 'Units' Folder could solve the problem.

I'm sure that TheWorms is looking into it. Please know that he has a life as well. Besides, I don't think the fix is as easy as you say; I have the dev and it is not as simple as you think it is......

Edited by NRedAlert, 04 May 2011 - 16:44.

Posted Image

#15 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 19:25

I havent said anyhow that it is easy, only reports it.
Posted Image

#16 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:33

View PostNRedAlert, on 5 May 2011, 0:43, said:

View PostPedro, on 4 May 2011, 6:58, said:

I'm sure that TheWorms is looking into it. Please know that he has a life as well. Besides, I don't think the fix is as easy as you say; I have the dev and it is not as simple as you think it is......

Sorry for being a little bit offensive :xD:

Edited by Pedro, 06 May 2011 - 08:20.

#17 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:17

I've added a list of units with scaling issue(IMO).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users