←  Role Playing Games

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Witcher 2

Z_mann's Photo Z_mann 25 May 2011

No comments on this title? I did not exactly play it, but I did look at some stuff the beginning of the game, and I'm quite impressed! This is totally better than most modern RPG games I've played.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 26 May 2011

I've ordered it, but royal mail seem to have bloody lost it! I have to go down tomorrow again and hopefully they will have found it. It looks absolutely amazing.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 26 May 2011

If I get some time in the next few weeks (unlikely) this might take up "some" of my time until Space Marine comes out. I am not normally an RPG player, but this does appear to be worth a look and it's getting some pretty good reviews.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 02 Jun 2011

Finally picked up my copy today, exams are nearly over for me so..

Only played about 4hrs, but godamn is it epic. I really cannot praise this game enough.

Nem's Photo Nem 02 Jun 2011

View PostIon Cannon!, on 1 Jun 2011, 23:27, said:

Finally picked up my copy today, exams are nearly over for me so..

Only played about 4hrs, but godamn is it epic. I really cannot praise this game enough.

Agreed. All of the PC gamers who complain about the lack of quality exclusives owe it to the platform to buy this game. I'm only a few hours in, and I am hooked in a way I haven't been for any game, in a long time.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 02 Jun 2011

If anyone is worried about performance issues, don't be. I don't have the recommended specs (Although nearly) and I can play it on max with 0 problems as long as you turn off ubersampling. I've heard that can massively reduce your FPS.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 06 Jun 2011

Double post, but seriously, who has bought/playing or is planning to buy this? If your thinking about it and like RPG's. Don't think, simply buy it.

Raven's Photo Raven 06 Jun 2011

I might get it. I was worried about the performance, then I saw that they even removed DRM which further increased the performance. I think this game deserves to be bought. I was not a big fan of the combat system in the earlier game. It was very frustrating. I hope its changed this time. Any comments on that?

CJ's Photo CJ 06 Jun 2011

Does it require having played the first game to understand the story? Cause I cba to do that, especially after losing my save file.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 06 Jun 2011

As I've said, I am tempted. Everything I read about it tells me to buy it, but, I guess with RPG's, you need to invest some time in it? Something I have in short supply. Game does look fantastic though.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 06 Jun 2011

View PostRaven, on 6 Jun 2011, 4:55, said:

I might get it. I was worried about the performance, then I saw that they even removed DRM which further increased the performance. I think this game deserves to be bought. I was not a big fan of the combat system in the earlier game. It was very frustrating. I hope its changed this time. Any comments on that?

The combat system is changed completely, its simple to use but hard to master.

View PostCJ, on 6 Jun 2011, 8:16, said:

Does it require having played the first game to understand the story? Cause I cba to do that, especially after losing my save file.

It would probably help, but no, its not required.

View PostWizard, on 6 Jun 2011, 10:48, said:

As I've said, I am tempted. Everything I read about it tells me to buy it, but, I guess with RPG's, you need to invest some time in it? Something I have in short supply. Game does look fantastic though.

You do need to invest some time yes, but you can do that over a longer period, you don't have to rush through it in a week.

Raven's Photo Raven 06 Jun 2011

Time is also a problem for me. But I might end up getting this. This is too tempting :xD:

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 17 Aug 2011

Theres going to be a free Version 2.0 which adds quite a bit of content. CDPR are basically behaving like Valve, and that is something I love.