←  News

Fallout Studios Forums

»

IT'S OVER 500 THOUSAND, or what I'...

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 17 Feb 2012

'Been a while since I've last posted a proper news update, and I thought now would be a good time for one now. The Moddb page now has OVER 500 THOUSAND views.

I've done a few dramatic changes to the gameplay of GDI, Nod and Scrin. Most notably there is now not a single stealth-detecting units other than the Mobile Sensor Arrays, however all units reveal stealth units that are very close, standing on their noses basically. Radar has been move from the construction yard to the Command Post, Operations Center and Nerve Center, respectively for GDI, Nod and Scrin, so no access to Radar without these structures anymore.

The powerplant upgrades no longer require the tech center, but War Factories instead, I might switch that over to the Command Post and equivalents however. Airfields now require nothing more than a Tiberium Refinery. Superweapons have gotten some changes too. The Ion Cannon when hit right on the spot, will almost destroy a powerplant, but the damage falloff is pretty extreme. At the very edge of the AoE, the damage is not enough to fully destroy a powerplant. The recharge time for the Ion Cannon is 4 minutes, and 7 for the Nuclear Missile and Rift Generator. Disruptors damage everything in their line of fire, both friend and foe.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Next up are a few ballance changes. Both Avatar and Mammoth are notoriously vulnerable to bombers, that's Orca Bombers, Vertigo Bombers and Devastator Warships. Mammoths will most likely leave husks in the future. Nod's Heavy Artillery deals more damage per salvo than the Juggernaught now, and is faster, but takes longer between shots and doesn't have as much armor. A salvo of the Heavy Artillery is only one shot, while the Juggernaught fires 3. The Juggernaught has a bigger AoE thanks to that. Nod SAM Sites firs 3 missiles in stead of 6, and half as fast as before, however the missiles deal 110% more damage to compensate, so this is mostly cosmetic. Tiberium Silos give a bit of build radius again, and so do Power Plants and Barracks, Portals and Hands of Nod.

And last but not least: Some more screenshots.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

That's it for now, I hope you enjoyed it.
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 17 February 2012 - 11:41.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 17 Feb 2012

Hmm, that's pretty awesome. :P The Ion Cannon....I don't know, I'm not really sure I like it. If it can't destroy a measly powerplant, it feels kinda...weird. Unless we can build two of 'em (which I doubt), the Ion Cannon is kinda underwhelming like it was in TS.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 17 Feb 2012

It has enough power to nearly destroy a superweapon at the center, but the damage falls off quite a lot at the edge of the AoE.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 17 Feb 2012

Ooh, I'm mainly concerned about anti-super work, but you've reassured me then. :P Then all's good. The Power Plant looks a bit bare, but it's all good.

Raven's Photo Raven 18 Feb 2012

Looks bloody good Rho. Mammoth husks might be a bad idea IMO. Cos if you take 5 or 6 mammoths to raid a base and fail, the enemy can have em.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 18 Feb 2012

Same applies if you take Juggs, Avatar or Tripods ;)

Raven's Photo Raven 18 Feb 2012

True...but perhaps its just me, but I tend to use more mammoths compared to Juggies.