←  Game Discussion

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Factorio Server

Poll: Interested in a Factorio Server? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you?

1. Yes, YES! (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No way. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TheDR's Photo TheDR 12 Apr 2021

Hi all! Another thread, scary business!

The FS Factorio ServerTM is going to exist soon, but the question is who is interested and what kind of server / map do we all want?

--

My suggestion is that (because most of us are veterans) we go for a large no enemy starting area, low yield deposits that are spread out and a slow to expand but fearsome alien population. This will mean that there will be lots of outposts and always a job that needs doing.

Another suggestion is to pack the server with some mods (possibly from this list).

I'm up for Bob's Mods (and Angel's mods?), Alien Biomes and some quality of life additions. Seen as we are a community founded on modding, why shouldn't we indulge? :mon:

--

Anyway, please offer up any other suggestions. I can make another poll once we figure out what kind of server we want.

Yeah!

General's Photo General 12 Apr 2021

Since i did not try this in multiplayer before, i am up for any mode.
But as a suggestion, real world map could be interesting too! Like all of us would start at our countries and try to connect, though i do not know if it is possible to select starting positions like that.

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 12 Apr 2021

I have no real preference.

Despite the number of hours I've put in, I've only played on 3-4 maps with default settings.

I've also not played with any mods, so happy to go along with whatever you guys decide.

View PostGeneral, on 12 April 2021 - 13:11, said:

But as a suggestion, real world map could be interesting too! Like all of us would start at our countries and try to connect
I feel like I would be at a major disadvantage. |:

TheDR's Photo TheDR 12 Apr 2021

Server is up. Details can be found on the FS Discord.

General's Photo General 13 Apr 2021

Do we have to start at the same time or just join the map and do our own thing?

TheDR's Photo TheDR 13 Apr 2021

You can just join and do your thing. The sever pauses the map when no one is on.

General's Photo General 14 Jun 2021

Is it time for a new map yet? I kinda fucked up by overextending, now the map size is too large and takes a bit long to load |:

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 14 Jun 2021

It would be a shame not to launch the rocket, since we are relatively close. D:

How long is it taking to load for you?

View PostBob, on 14 June 2021 - 12:59, said:

It would be a shame not to launch the rocket, since we are relatively close. D:

How long is it taking to load for you?

It was 3 minutes or something.
I like this map though, i was mainly asking to know if server can run more than one map? So i can play the other one from work too! :P
Perhaps a map with a different, difficult setting instead of the previous chill one.

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 14 Jun 2021

Yeah, the enemies were tricky at the start, but I think that's partly due to our inexperience with these mods. It became manageable way too quickly... and there are still many weapons and ammo types we haven't even built yet. D:

View PostBob, on 14 June 2021 - 13:32, said:

Yeah, the enemies were tricky at the start, but I think that's partly due to our inexperience with these mods. It became manageable way too quickly... and there are still many weapons and ammo types we haven't even built yet. D:

Yeah, that is also the reason to start a new one. To have a different approach this time. Not clearing unnecessarily large areas near the base and not going through research too quickly.