1469 replies to this topic

#1401 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:27

View PostKrieger22, on 22 October 2013 - 09:27, said:

http://uk.reuters.co...E99K0OH20131021

A Turkish entrepreneur has opened what he says is the country's first online sex shop for Muslims, selling everything from lubricants to herbal aphrodisiacs and offering advice on how to have "halal" sex.

Explicitly "halal" sex? What?
What does that even mean, you have to ritually butcher your wife before you have sex with her? D:
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1402 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:57

View PostChyros, on 22 October 2013 - 11:27, said:

A Turkish entrepreneur has opened what he says is the country's first online sex shop for Muslims, selling everything from lubricants to herbal aphrodisiacs and offering advice on how to have "halal" sex.

What does that even mean, you have to ritually butcher your wife before you have sex with her? D:

That is actually something very different <87

#1403 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 24 October 2013 - 17:13

View PostWizard, on 24 October 2013 - 10:57, said:

View PostChyros, on 22 October 2013 - 11:27, said:

That is actually something very different <87

Well the only meaning to the word halal is that you must butcher an animal the muslim way, so yeah, Chyros has to be right 8|

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#1404 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 22:39

A wild boar which has been on the loose in Alderney for more than a month is thought to have swum there from the nearby French coast.

The boar found its way into a pig farm on Friday but, when approached, escaped by jumping over a 1m (3ft) stock fence.

Farm owner Tess Woodnutt said she would not have believed the animal could jump so high from a standing start, if she had not seen it with her own eyes.

Islanders have dubbed the boar "ghost pig", as it has only been seen at dusk.

Mrs Woodnutt said she first became aware of the boar on 27 September, when she was on holiday and received a call from a fellow islander saying one of their 40 pigs had escaped.

However, her son Jake immediately went to the farm and soon established there was none missing.
Potentially dangerous

Steve Shaw, who was Alderney harbour master for 25 years, said he did not believe it would be possible for a wild boar to get to the island by boat without the crew noticing, and he had never heard of a wild boar being found on any vessel.

Some islanders have speculated the animal could be an "iron age pig", which have been farmed on the island.

However, Alan Woodnutt, Tess's husband, said he was certain it was not.

"Iron age pigs are a cross between a wild boar and a Tamworth," he said.

"They look a bit like a wild boar but this animal was not the progeny of an iron age pig."

Mrs Woodnutt said the boar's arrival on the island was a mystery but she had had it confirmed to her by an expert in the UK that a wild boar could swim long distances in open water.

Wild boar are commonly found in Normandy, the coast of which lies seven miles (11km) to the east of Alderney.

Duty Insp Kieran McGrath from Guernsey Police said islanders should contact them if they spotted the animal and should not approach it themselves, as any wild boar could be dangerous when cornered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ernsey-24785508
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#1405 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 23:45

Is Guernsey just a farm island, then? 8|
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1406 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:27

French swine invasion. 8|

I guess you could call it the Bay of Pigs

Posted Image

#1407 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:14

About the only entertaining news since they found that bomb :xD:

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#1408 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 13:41

Five French teenagers have been arrested after getting drunk, kidnapping a llama and, according to The Independent, "taking on him on a tour of Bordeaux via the city's tram system".P

Very early last Thursday morning, the group were wandering around smashed when they came across a circus, closed down for the night. After first trying to lift a zebra - which didn't want to budge - they eventually found a llama. Who, it turns out, was down to party.5P

"It walked with us like a good dog would have," said one of the five, who after taking the llama around town were eventually caught when they tried to get it on a tram.P

The llama - dubbed Serge - was tied to a lamppost while the teenagers were taken into custody. Because their crimes were so hilarious, a campaign has sprung up in France seeking their release, its Facebook page picking up over 800,000 "likes".

http://kotaku.com/dr...lama-1459172209

:xD:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#1409 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 22:47

Ah yeah I read about that, don't know why I didn't post it here :xD: .Pretty stylish for theft, to be sure :P .

It's by the way not the only strange thing stolen recently. I read today that a stolen 26-tonne, 300-year-old walnut tree was found again 1500 miles away (http://uk.news.yahoo...53.html#TaKUTVB) and a while ago three guys stole a 272 kg chicken (http://www.firstcoas...chicken-to-jail) :xD: .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1410 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:38

View PostChyros, on 06 November 2013 - 22:47, said:

Ah yeah I read about that, don't know why I didn't post it here :xD: .Pretty stylish for theft, to be sure :P .

It's by the way not the only strange thing stolen recently. I read today that a stolen 26-tonne, 300-year-old walnut tree was found again 1500 miles away (http://uk.news.yahoo...53.html#TaKUTVB) and a while ago three guys stole a 272 kg chicken (http://www.firstcoas...chicken-to-jail) :xD: .

Dragging aluminum on bitumen it sound so nasty :xD:

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#1411 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:02

Posted Image

SA Police News
Like This Page · 5 hours ago

Police are asking for the public for information after a speed camera was stolen from Elizabeth Downs on Saturday evening.
Just before 5pm on Saturday, 23 November a speed camera was set up on Main North Road, Elizabeth Downs opposite the Munno Para Shopping Centre.
The camera was monitoring traffic travelling south-west on Main North Road. Just after 9pm, the camera operator noticed movement of the in-car computer, which is connected to the external camera. The operator discovered the speed camera with tripod was missing. It’s believed the offender/s fled over a reserve towards Marcian Ave, Elizabeth Downs.
The area was searched by local police patrols including a police dog patrol, but the Redflex Radar Camera Unit with tripod wasn't located.
Police are asking anyone with information on the incident or the location on the camera to please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at www.sa.crimestoppers.com.au.
Officer in charge of Traffic Support Branch Supt Bob Fauser reminded the public that a moment of stupidity can have a lifelong impact.
“If convicted of theft, you face a jail term of up to 10 years, along with a permanent criminal record,” he said.
“While this may have been a dare or prank, it won’t be funny when we charge the offender with theft. I strongly suggest that right now is the time to notify police of where the camera can be located. Information can be left anonymously,” he said.

Yeah thats never coming back SOPOL :xD:

#1412 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 22:28

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 25 November 2013 - 11:02, said:

Posted Image

SA Police News

Police are asking for the public for information after a speed camera was stolen from Elizabeth Downs on Saturday evening.
Just before 5pm on Saturday, 23 November a speed camera was set up on Main North Road, Elizabeth Downs opposite the Munno Para Shopping Centre.
The camera was monitoring traffic travelling south-west on Main North Road. Just after 9pm, the camera operator noticed movement of the in-car computer, which is connected to the external camera. The operator discovered the speed camera with tripod was missing. It’s believed the offender/s fled over a reserve towards Marcian Ave, Elizabeth Downs.
The area was searched by local police patrols including a police dog patrol, but the Redflex Radar Camera Unit with tripod wasn't located.
Police are asking anyone with information on the incident or the location on the camera to please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at www.sa.crimestoppers.com.au.
Officer in charge of Traffic Support Branch Supt Bob Fauser reminded the public that a moment of stupidity can have a lifelong impact.
“If convicted of theft, you face a jail term of up to 10 years, along with a permanent criminal record,” he said.
“While this may have been a dare or prank, it won’t be funny when we charge the offender with theft. I strongly suggest that right now is the time to notify police of where the camera can be located. Information can be left anonymously,” he said.

Heheheh :P .

Back home what they do is they drill a little hole in it and then spray it full of that foam builders use. Expands massively and destroys absolutely everything in the camera :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1413 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:00

View PostChyros, on 25 November 2013 - 22:28, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 25 November 2013 - 11:02, said:

Posted Image

SA Police News

Heheheh :P .

Back home what they do is they drill a little hole in it and then spray it full of that foam builders use. Expands massively and destroys absolutely everything in the camera :P .

Or throw tyres around them and put fuel in it along with a match.

#1414 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 21:26

Woman Calls the Cops 15,000 Times, Gets Arrested

From this May to last month, 44 year-old Tomomi Monmae has been busy. Almost everyday, she's called the police. She even called them over nine hundred times in the span of 24 hours.

Website 47 News reports that repeatedly Monmae dialed 110, the Japanese police equivalent of 911, from her cell phone. She would often tell the police to arrest people she knew. She would also hang up before the operator could say anything.

The police visited Monmae at her home around sixty times to caution her about her excessive calling.

And this week, authorities finally arrested Monmae for interfering with police duties. Obviously, this woman needs help, and I'm not convinced she'll find it in jail.

http://kotaku.com/wo...sted-1477034323
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#1415 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:14

Variety of mental illness always surprises me, there is just too many to even categorize |8

#1416 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 13:23

^Well she IS Japanese, so she can only be at most just a bit crazier than everyone else :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1417 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:23

http://www.perthnow....3-1226777734547

POLICE handed out more than 180 traffic infringements to hoons during a Perth car cruise in memory of Fast and the Furious actor Paul Walker on Friday night.
More than 3000 vehicles took part in the cruise from City Beach to Hillarys, where several drivers were caught on camera speeding and doing burnouts.
Police followed the drivers throughout the night and issued infringements for "speed-related offences."
Prior to the cruise, organisers said the aim was to raise money for Walker's charity, but they did not want "idiot behaviour."

Paul Walker died at the age of 40 in a car accident while attending a charity event for his organisation Reach Out Worldwide. Picture by: AdMedia/Splash News
"We will be showing off our pride and joys and remembering a legend who in some way was a role model to a lot of us in the scene," organisers said on the event page.
"Show your love and respect. Rest in peace Paul Walker and Roger Rodas."

That was a good night last night :xD:

#1418 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:02

Florida Man Tries To Trade Alligator For Beer
A hopeful customer could face jail after being caught on CCTV offering to swap the reptile for a 12-pack of beer.

A Florida man has failed in his bid to trade a 4ft alligator for a 12-pack of beer.

State wildlife officials cited Fernando Aguilera for possessing, illegally taking and attempting to sell the reptile at a Miami convenience store.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Jorge Pino told WTVJ-TV that Aguilera trapped the reptile at a nearby park.

The store clerk called authorities after Aguilera walked in carrying the alligator and proposed the bizarre trade.

"I think that anybody who would conceive this scheme is not thinking properly,'' Mr Pino said.

Each of the three misdemeanour charges Aguilera faces carry a penalty of up to six months in jail and a fine up to $500, Mr Pino said.

The alligator was unharmed and was released back into the wild.

Alligators are no longer endangered but it is illegal to take them in Florida except during a closely regulated annual hunt.

http://news.sky.com/...igator-for-beer
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1419 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 13:00

What the actual fuck on a stick in a zoo on the moon with sprinkles on top and don't forget the apple sauce.

Mother of two reveals very 'Strange Addiction': Drinking paint

Heather shares her unhealthy habit on the season premiere of "My Strange Addiction."
Heather is 43 years old, a mother of two young children and a paint drinker. Her unappetizing habit is the subject of the season premiere of "My Strange Addiction."

"As it's going down your throat it feels very nice and warm, almost like a thicker version of warm milk," Heather muses about her favorite non-beverage in a sneak peek TLC has shared exclusively with TODAY. "But obviously, it's got that very strong chemical taste, which is perfect to me."

Despite the so-called perfection of her addiction, Heather's eye twitches as she downs a shot of white paint in front of the camera.

Heather prefers paint in marker form. Every day she pries the cap off one paint marker and drinks the contents.

"I drink paint from markers because I have looked for other paints, both in quart or gallon form, and haven't found any that satisfy my desire," she explains.

She's consumed close to three gallons of paint since she first started the practice.

Watch Heather explain how she gets her fix in the clip, but don't try the potentially toxic taste for yourself!

http://www.today.com...aint-2D11825892

EDIT: oh wait, of course, there's always worse.

Woman Can't Stop Eating Mattresses

TLC's My Strange Addition returns Wednesday with an episode featuring a woman who can't stop eating mattresses.

Jennifer, 26, has been addicted to eating mattresses for more than 20 years and has consumed eight beds in that time. Her family, meanwhile, is worried that her habit could be killing her. Watch a sneak peak, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, above.

Each episode of the series follow a range of shocking behaviors, their origins and potential life-saving cures. The fifth season kicks off with a one-hour special at 9 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 1, that centers on three people who will do whatever it takes to become a "living doll," including embarking on obsessive diets, wearing uncomfortably tight corsets and eye-enlarging contact lens and undergoing radical plastic surgery procedures.
Two new back-to-back episodes will follow that center on Jennifer the mattress eater as well as Nicole, who is addicted to Pony Play, a form of costumed role play that finds her suiting up in a mask, hoofs and bit to gallop around a stable and roll in the hay nearly every day; Heather, a single mother of two who has been addicted to drinking paint for nearly three years and has drunk more than two gallons in that time; and more.
Starting Jan. 8, the series will air at 10 p.m. Wednesdays.

http://www.hollywood...man-cant-667867

Edited by Chyros, 02 January 2014 - 13:10.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1420 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 14:23

'MERCUH

Posted Image

#1421 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 18:44

Honestly, every time you think it can't possibly get weirder over there, it promptly does :xD: .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1422 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:51

http://www.courierma...2-1226793936291

A MOTORIST fined for leaving his car window down got off lightly, the state's top cop says.
Commissioner Ian Stewart said the car was also parked illegally on a footpath on the wrong side of the road.
The Courier-Mail reported today a father who left the window down on his parked and unattended car on a scorching summer's day was slugged with a fine that has left him hot under the collar.
Julian Harris was visiting family in Brisbane's north on Sunday when he decided to leave two windows down "three to four" centimetres to let some of the hot air escape from the parked car on the 34C day.
It was a decision that left the father of one with a $44 fine and a rap across the knuckles from police.

"It was 34 degrees so I left the windows down slightly so it wouldn't be boiling hot for my 3-year-old son when we got back in.
"I was trying to do the right thing…it's just what you do with it being so hot in Queensland."
Mr Harris returned to the car, which was parked on Windsor Place at Deception Bay, about two hours later to discover the fine for an offence he had never heard of.
Defending police's handling of the incident, Comissioner Stewart said the officer involved had been acting on information that there had been property crime in the area.
Mr Stewart said he has reviewed photographs taken by the officer and believed he acted appropriately.
"I would back the judgement of my officer. From the footage that I saw and the reasons that I know the officer utilised to undertake this enforcement in that area, I think the officer was doing a good job.
"The officer was acting on an intelligence brief in that area that here had been a number of thefts from motor vehicles and unlawful uses."
The officer checked five vehicles - issuing warnings in three cases when he could locate the owners and fines in the two other cases.
"The vehicle actually commits three very obvious offences. One is that it is parked on the incorrect side of the road. The second is that it's parked on the footpath. And the third that it doesn't obey the law in relation to the window being open.
"The officer didn't give them three tickets. The officer simply gave this car a ticket for the matter he was doing his job for, which was to try and drop the number of unlawful entries into cars.
"The officer acted quite appropriately and within the law. I would hope that the public would recognise that the officer did use discretion."
Under Queensland law, if a driver is more than 3m from their car, the vehicle must be "secured" with the engine off, hand brake applied, ignition key removed (if no one over 16 remains in vehicle) and windows up with a gap no more than 5cm.
Perplexed by his fine, the Albany Creek resident attended the police station and spoke to the officer who issued the ticket.

"I asked him if he had any measurements and he said no…he just told me he had an accurate eye."
"The officer said he had the window on video but told me that he didn't have time to show me."
Mr Harris, 21, said the policeman suggested in future he leave "where he is half an hour early to unlock the car and let it cool" in the future.
Shocked by the fine, the apprentice plasterer took his ticket to the Australian Street Car Magazine Facebook page as a warning to others.
Dale Brown, media manager for the magazine, said readers were reporting petty fines "all the time".
"Police have discretion to use and in this instance we would have thought it would have been better to use this discretion than to write the ticket.
"We understand the police have a hard job to do but I am sure they have better things to be doing than booking a father for having his window open a crack to keep the heat down in his car."
Mr Harris said a friend of a friend was booked for the same offence within hours in Nundah, in Brisbane's inner north.
"It would have been better to leave a first and final warning," he said.
Police refused to say whether there was a current blitz on the peculiar offence.
"Vehicle security remains part of ongoing Community Safety and Crime Prevention strategies designed to help reduce property crime," a spokeswoman said.
Police yesterday told The Courier-Mail officers were required to prove all offences beyond reasonable doubt but didn't comment on the specifics of Mr Harris' case.

Meanwhile in the backwards states of Australia.

Edited by Major Fuckup, 03 January 2014 - 08:51.

#1423 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:36

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 03 January 2014 - 08:51, said:

http://www.courierma...2-1226793936291

A MOTORIST fined for leaving his car window down got off lightly, the state's top cop says.
Commissioner Ian Stewart said the car was also parked illegally on a footpath on the wrong side of the road.
The Courier-Mail reported today a father who left the window down on his parked and unattended car on a scorching summer's day was slugged with a fine that has left him hot under the collar.
Julian Harris was visiting family in Brisbane's north on Sunday when he decided to leave two windows down "three to four" centimetres to let some of the hot air escape from the parked car on the 34C day.
It was a decision that left the father of one with a $44 fine and a rap across the knuckles from police.

"It was 34 degrees so I left the windows down slightly so it wouldn't be boiling hot for my 3-year-old son when we got back in.
"I was trying to do the right thing…it's just what you do with it being so hot in Queensland."
Mr Harris returned to the car, which was parked on Windsor Place at Deception Bay, about two hours later to discover the fine for an offence he had never heard of.
Defending police's handling of the incident, Comissioner Stewart said the officer involved had been acting on information that there had been property crime in the area.
Mr Stewart said he has reviewed photographs taken by the officer and believed he acted appropriately.
"I would back the judgement of my officer. From the footage that I saw and the reasons that I know the officer utilised to undertake this enforcement in that area, I think the officer was doing a good job.
"The officer was acting on an intelligence brief in that area that here had been a number of thefts from motor vehicles and unlawful uses."
The officer checked five vehicles - issuing warnings in three cases when he could locate the owners and fines in the two other cases.
"The vehicle actually commits three very obvious offences. One is that it is parked on the incorrect side of the road. The second is that it's parked on the footpath. And the third that it doesn't obey the law in relation to the window being open.
"The officer didn't give them three tickets. The officer simply gave this car a ticket for the matter he was doing his job for, which was to try and drop the number of unlawful entries into cars.
"The officer acted quite appropriately and within the law. I would hope that the public would recognise that the officer did use discretion."
Under Queensland law, if a driver is more than 3m from their car, the vehicle must be "secured" with the engine off, hand brake applied, ignition key removed (if no one over 16 remains in vehicle) and windows up with a gap no more than 5cm.
Perplexed by his fine, the Albany Creek resident attended the police station and spoke to the officer who issued the ticket.

"I asked him if he had any measurements and he said no…he just told me he had an accurate eye."
"The officer said he had the window on video but told me that he didn't have time to show me."
Mr Harris, 21, said the policeman suggested in future he leave "where he is half an hour early to unlock the car and let it cool" in the future.
Shocked by the fine, the apprentice plasterer took his ticket to the Australian Street Car Magazine Facebook page as a warning to others.
Dale Brown, media manager for the magazine, said readers were reporting petty fines "all the time".
"Police have discretion to use and in this instance we would have thought it would have been better to use this discretion than to write the ticket.
"We understand the police have a hard job to do but I am sure they have better things to be doing than booking a father for having his window open a crack to keep the heat down in his car."
Mr Harris said a friend of a friend was booked for the same offence within hours in Nundah, in Brisbane's inner north.
"It would have been better to leave a first and final warning," he said.
Police refused to say whether there was a current blitz on the peculiar offence.
"Vehicle security remains part of ongoing Community Safety and Crime Prevention strategies designed to help reduce property crime," a spokeswoman said.
Police yesterday told The Courier-Mail officers were required to prove all offences beyond reasonable doubt but didn't comment on the specifics of Mr Harris' case.

Meanwhile in the backwards states of Australia.
You have a fine for THAT? Oo
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1424 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:36

Ah yes, Queensland, the Carolina of Australia.

Posted Image

#1425 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:09

View PostAlias, on 03 January 2014 - 09:36, said:

Ah yes, Queensland, the Carolina of Australia.
Wait, In thought that was Perth? Oo
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users