Warboss Nooka's Digital Bay

72 replies to this topic

#51 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 17:22

It's much better now. Far better. ;D
Posted Image
You'll only notice me when it's too late.
Posted Image

#52 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 17:30

You like it, you really like it :D .

@Bob: I might dip my toe in the sig pond, but I'm not sure yet. Only time will tell :D .

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#53 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 18:47

Wow Nuker :O. That has turned out very well :D. Do you get grades for this? (just curious).

Btw, nice topic description / subtitle.

#54 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 26 April 2007 - 18:57

View PostMajor Nuker, on 26 Apr 2007, 19:30, said:

You like it, you really like it :D .

@Bob: I might dip my toe in the sig pond, but I'm not sure yet. Only time will tell :D .

Regards,

Nuker

You really should.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#55 Blonde-Unknown

Mr. Muscles

• 626 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:14

Dont just dip your toe in the pond, Have a swim, Im sure you will geton fine making sigs mate
Made by Sic V
Posted Image
Posted Image
Made by me ^

#56 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:24

i would love 2 see some sigs from u too. :/

Posted Image

#57 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 13:11

yea Nuker Come on Try Doing Some Sigs ..
Posted Image

#58 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 13:21

View PostBlaat85, on 26 Apr 2007, 14:47, said:

Wow Nuker :O. That has turned out very well ;). Do you get grades for this? (just curious).

Btw, nice topic description / subtitle.

Thanks Blaat, sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. I do get grades for the works I've shown, I just haven't gotten one yet :/

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#59 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 13:28

It's Got To Be A 8/10 or So ... It's Very Good :/
Posted Image

#60 Blonde-Unknown

Mr. Muscles

• 626 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 17:50

From what ive seen you have picked up PS very well, :D and i hope to see more :D
Made by Sic V
Posted Image
Posted Image
Made by me ^

#61 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 21:48

*Flips switch on industrial fan, and forgets he's standing behind the dusty thread and the fan*

*Gags from the mountain of dust blown his way*

Right......*cough*....so it's been a cozy 2 years since I've touched this thread, but rather than make another thread, I'll be pumping new life into this one, because...well, it's my thread. Posted Image

I've made the switch from digital art to photography. The following is a small sampling of pics I've taken with my new camera over the course of a few months:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

And now for my personal favourite:

Posted Image

Feel free to leave any comments of questions. Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 21:52

Dude I don't know any shit about professional photography ( like if the lighting or perspective good or not ) but I have a taste for good things, and that 3. image is so freaking well taken ( that mossy one ) and your personal favourite is good looking aswell :P

#63 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 26 October 2009 - 22:32

Lookin v nice nooka, specially that 3rd one down, the lighting is in all the right places

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 IPS

Eisenhower Commander

• Project Team
  • 649 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave, Rotr

Posted 26 October 2009 - 22:42

really nice pics you've got there!

My favorit is the foto of the blossoms and the bee?.
it is perfect with the setting and the little detail right in the middle.

but I also like the others, especially about them the way you've captured the mood of the moment and the different surfaces.
My Showroom
-{Aston Martin 4ever}-
Posted Image
"the earth does not deserve to touch my feet"
...:rofl:...:rofl:...:lol:...:rofl:...:rofl:...:lol:...
......... -.___.--"------ ................./ /

........ / ]: [][ I ]..........=======/
....... (-,____==o___.ยด ..............` --
--`-------`---..........

#65 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 22:56

Oddly enough, I believe that picture was taken with a 1600 ISO, which would explain the lighting being in "all the right places". Could have probably gotten away with an 800 ISO, as the sun was out, with a mild overcast, but I was taking the pic from a shaded spot. Thanks for the comments so far though guys. :P

@IPS: To be very honest, I don't know how I managed to set the depth of field to the center, and I didn't see the bee when I was shooting. Kind of an added bonus I guess, lol. These are just a few of the pics I've taken with my D80.

Edited by Warboss Nooka, 26 October 2009 - 23:00.

Posted Image

#66 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 23:24

The caves/cliff one is my favorite, i had to look at it twice to realize what it was, which i think works well in photography.
The flowers/bee shot is either really lucky or very well placed. The DOF is great and the positioning of the bee on that particular flower couldn't of been better as its center frame.

Maybe you should do some more close up river shots, they always look good :P
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#67 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:26

I'm going to go with really lucky for the bee because I didn't notice the little blighter until I pulled the pic up on the computer. The DoF being set as you see it was pure accident, as it was literally the first day I had gotten the camera (which was a Sunday now that I think back).

I should have some pretty good pics posted by this coming Saturday as I'm going out Friday with a friend to test a few theories in Gettysburg.
Posted Image

#68 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:43

Nice work you are doing here, mate^^

I specially like the second pic of the sinking ship :P

#69 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:00

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 26 Oct 2009, 21:48, said:

Posted Image
This one is nice as I think your camera settings were about flawless for the shot mate. The richness in the tones is quite superb, something you'll only be able to capture for about another month, then it'll all die :P However, that said, and me not being one to walk away without something constructive, it's not particularly well framed/composed when I look at it. You have a big dirth of space in the middle of the shot and then there is stuff around the edges. The tree on the left also feels lonely and isolated. I think this might have been a better shot from either a very wide angle, or perhaps from a source of cover, with any overgrowth adding to the atmosphere. It's not a bad shot, and God knows I know how hard it is to capture something with the settings perfect, but it might have worked a little better if you had a chance to reframe it.

Posted Image
Pic of the bunch for me this one. Again exceptionally impressed with your settings as the colour is amazing. However again this could have used a slightly lower angle of attack, catching more water in the background and perhaps benefited from the darkness of the rock as well to add a sense of autumn dampness. The river looks very picturesque. Got any more from near there?

Posted Image

I think this needs to be considerably closer to the subject. You've got great DoF here considering the distance. What lens was it or did you ramp up the apeture?

#70 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 16:14

I was probably no more than 6 or 7 feet away from those flowers when I took the picture, but I probably could have sat closer. The lens is a Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED, standard zoom, or in Lamen's terms, the one that came with the camera.

I do happen to have a few more pictures from the same day as the mossy rock and "cliff/cave" pics.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#71 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 27 October 2009 - 16:18

Ooo pretty pictures there Nooka. I've always loved fiddling with some friends' dSLRs and tweaking the settings but I've never been that much of photographer, so I doubt I'll get one of my own. I'll stick to my phone's camera for now for the improptu shots (it isn't shitty thankfull :P). It is obvious you have an eye for capturing these scenes. You should try getting some pics with more defined subjects if you ask me. Would look quite good.
Posted Image

#72 NOPE

Amateur

• 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 23:01

:P I didn't know you were a photographer!
.. Well, until like, yesterday when you told me you took photographs
but yeah, these are fantastic. o:
I wish I had a good camera x_x wanted to take photography this year but I couldn't..
The photos in your last post look a lot like the creek at the end of my street :P
anyway, keep up the good work? :3
this sig is a lie

#73 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 17:55

I'm not officially yet Lil, but I'm studying to be one. :P

Here are a few more I took while on a day trip with a mate of mine. Enjoy:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Played around with a lot of settings throughout the day, only to come home and realize I left the sodding ISO @ 100. :P Pictures I took later in the day or in the forested areas would have turned out much better had I payed attention to the ISO. Hope you like them!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users