Racism and you..

32 replies to this topic

#1 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:19

I wanna discuss the topic racism. Im getting confronted with this ''disease'' every day. The pity that some people judge others by the colour of the skill is just sickening. Im very much against Racism. I wanna know your opinions and confrentations with this quickly spreading plague.
Posted Image

#2 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:25

Enough differences exist to make life hard for us. Don't make it even harder by introducing even more of them.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#3 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:27

Yeah i know, but im getting confronted with it every single day. I just cant understand that people judge eachother on such strange thing. :/
Posted Image

#4 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:39

Though I´m in no way racist (but german, so stating this is a national tradition :/ ), I usually tollerate racism as long as it doesn´t include violence. Although not a plausible way of mind to me, it´s IMO understandable that some people think that way.

Yeah i know, but im getting confronted with it every single day.
In how far is that?

Edited by Golan, 23 April 2007 - 19:39.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#5 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:41

Well some almost sound like Adolf Hitler.
Posted Image

#6 Golan

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:44

I meant who, when, what... you know, als those small, more specific things. :/

#7 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:46

They hate almost everyone that has a different colour of skin. The mostly hate Turks and the like. Dutch goverment call them Neo-Nazis.
Posted Image

#8 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:47

I haven't noticed it much for myself, I mean in my environment, that I know of. I'm strongly against racism. About half of the students in the room I work in at uni, is foreign. I haven't noticed much racism to be honest, everyone's nice to each other. It probably depends on the exact area and the people. I'm sorry to hear that apparently there's still quite some racism :(.

#9 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 19:48

Usually low class suburban areas like Meyhorst, Nijmegen. And off course my school is right in the middle of that pile of horse crap.
Posted Image

#10 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 20:04

IF you ask me there are more rascist in football hooligan gangs then anywhere else...I sometimes also get annoyed with that (most of the time i ignore racists)
Posted Image

#11 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 23 April 2007 - 20:10

this threads a ticking lockbomb.

And racists should burn in hell.

However..

I think we need to draw the line between fact, racism, and joking.

FACT: Guncrime is a problem in BLACK areas of london. and other cities Something needs sorting out here.

Racism: All black people are murderers.

FACT: Islamic Terrorism is only comited by muslims

RACISM: All Muslims are terrorists.

No one wants to say this though.

Edited by Smooder, 23 April 2007 - 20:11.

#12 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 20:12

Racists disgust me. I know plenty of people who are so bigoted, it ain't funny. I just fail to see how they can live with themselves.
Writing Thread

#13 Golan

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 20:24

View PostSmooder, on 23 Apr 2007, 20:10, said:

Don´t you find a bit hypocritical to condemn racists because of their believes?

View PostNightshadow, on 23 Apr 2007, 20:12, said:

Racists disgust me. I know plenty of people who are so bigoted, it ain't funny. I just fail to see how they can live with themselves.
What´s bigott about racism? Or are you referring to a certain type of racism?

Edited by Golan, 23 April 2007 - 20:25.

#14 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 23 April 2007 - 20:38

View PostGolan, on 23 Apr 2007, 21:24, said:

View PostSmooder, on 23 Apr 2007, 20:10, said:

Don´t you find a bit hypocritical to condemn racists because of their believes?

Nope. Racism is WRONG. No argument about it.

What makes you so much better than a black man?

or a white man if you are black.

#15 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 20:50

Racists = Infinite stupidity personally

#16 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts
  • Projects: shockwave,rise of the reds

Posted 23 April 2007 - 20:59

differences should be embrassed rather then stress over

#17 hui tian

A Sergeant , who calls himself a Captain...

• 930 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:29

I'm pretty much you're typical mock-racist asian... Race is just another way of making fun of someone you either do, or don't know.. stupid blonde... fat bastard... they're just a way to classify someone, and yes... many of the stereotypes that follow each of these terms comes from some actual reasoning (us asians DO have small bee-bee lil eyes, hence the term Slanty) regardless of how true it might be, it still doesn't make it right to truthfully judge someone just by the way they look, or the way that they think. everyone has more to their personality and character than just the ethnical, cultural, religious or sexual preference.

amongst my crowd, we make witty racist and sexist jokes amongst each other all the time. My non-Asian friends call me Charlie, Chinc, or Gouke... My Asian friends call me a Nip (btw, I'm not Japanese.. damn bastards...)... I throw the N-bomb at my African-American Friends, and Spic at the Latinos.. but its all just fun and game amongst each other. you can't throw those words out at a stranger, because you don't know if they're comfortable with those terms. regardless or not, they're politically incorrect words... and extremely offensive to some people. the N-bomb has a lot of meaning behind it, and its extremely derrogatory to many African Americans... but to other African Americans, its JUST a word... nothing more.. nothing less

Some people take offense to being called a FAG, because they don't like the implications to it... if you and your bestfriend/brother called each other FAGs, your reaction would be much different from that of a stranger on the street calling you this though. Same thing with FAT, or uglee... Your friends should generally have a better understanding of what will, and what won't offend you... a stranger wont. that being said, don't be the jackass stranger and call make fun of someone you don't know, regardless of skin color or whatever else..

#18 soviet_deso

Amateur

• Project Team
  • 145 posts
  • Projects: Massive Destruction: The First Encounter

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:35

View PostSmooder, on 23 Apr 2007, 20:38, said:

Nope. Racism is WRONG. No argument about it.

What makes you so much better than a black man?

or a white man if you are black.

Well i think that its not that you think your better but the fact that when you don't like a person and then you take that person as a stereotype of everyone from the same country, origin or color. Thats what i think that racism is.

Edited by soviet_deso, 23 April 2007 - 21:36.

#19 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:46

Let me just say this:

I am against racism. But if somebody is going to walk up and tell me to get my "skinny lil' cracker ass out" then I have every right to racially insult him/her do I not? But if I retort with such a comment, I am shunned and they walk off in the right, only becasue I am white. Quite honestly, I have no reason to pay for what my ancestors did. I was never a slave owner, and the people confronting me never were slaves. But no, I have to be paying for what "I" did to "them". Is this not utter bullshit? Is it not racism?

#20 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 22:27

I don't see the point of racism. Its just a gene. Thats all, nothing more. I kinda understand how those called hateful words feel, being Half-Irish my family was once confronted with racism and people not hiring them.

Edited by Hobbes1098, 25 April 2007 - 20:55.

#21 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 23:42

Even if people make a certain remark to me, I don't just reply in the same way. That makes me no better than them. If people are racist to me, I'm not going to be racist back if I can help it.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#22 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 00:09

Wow, this is something that I am against as well. Personally I don't care what color skin a person has, because skin color doesn't change how I feel about someone. Treat me with little respect, you'll get no respect from me, no matter if you're white, black, indian, whatever. I've got friends from different backgrounds, and their unique heritage brings something fresh to the table. So I personally, don't see a reason for racism. Everyone is different, and that's what makes that person who they are. If everyone were the same, things would get boring pretty quickly. We should all be happy there are different races, but instead, there are those who believe (for whatever reason), that one race is "superior" to another.

Racism, when you look at it carefully, is stupid. The basic reason for racism is a lack of understanding. This lack of understanding can lead to fear, and this fear can lead to racism. Racism sets in, and then lies about that group of people spread. These lies get worse, and more and more people start to buy into these lies. Racism in that respect can spread like wild fire. It truly is a dangerous thing, and I grieve to even know it exists and has existed for so long.

Biggots purposefully ignore truths because the truth can get in the way of what they want. Just look at how Hitler rationalised the extermination of the Jews. They were labeled "Christ Killers" and "Christ Rejecters". He even went as far as to say the Jews were "Anti-Nationalistic" and said that they were too concerned with Zionism. All of this couldn't have been farther from the truth. The Jews were called cowards, YET, of the Iron Crosses awarded after the first world war, a higher percentage of them were Jews than any other. This of course was ignored by Hitler and his cohorts because, hey, if you're a good bigot, you don't care about those little details. All you care about (especially when you hate a group of people to the point you want to wipe them from the face of the Earth) is that you hate *insert name of hated people(s)* so much you can't see straight.

Racism at that level, or any level for that matter is disgusting. Disgusting, and yet so easy to fall into.

Racism, can be seen even today. In the deep south of the United States, racism is still alive, and it can still be seen. Slavery has ended, but those deep rooted feelings of hate and resentment between whites and blacks still flow through the streets and back alleys. Racism is something we all need to be aware of so that we can work together to get this foul-smelling monkey off our backs. It does no one any good that it's still drawing breath.

Well, that's my little soap box, and I'll get down now.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#23 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 00:40

The deep south? Try anywhere

Let me inform you kind sir, it is not just whites nowadays. Racism comes from [/b]all races[/b].

Affirmitive Action in itself is racism. Don't even dare say I support racism just because I am arguing for the majority here, but what we have run in to is a problem. Now it is not White on Black, it is a free for all.

I don't like this brawl and I wish it to end, but until then, why am I the one getting dumped on the most? Because of unlucky genes, and that is what racism is all about. Therefore, I am part of the majority and yet persecuted. It is wrong for ALL to be persecuted, but it seems that today, it is not so for the majority figures. And this pisses the living hell out of me.

Let racism exist if some close-minded fools wish it to, but when those certain fools get it thrust back in their face, please, pay no mind to the combat.

#24 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:24

I used "the deep south" as an example. I do realize that racism is everywhere, from the desert of Arizona, where the Indians are hated, to the border of Texas and Mexico, where the Mexicans are hated, to the sandy beaches of Florida, where the Latinos are shunned and even up north in New York.

What's even worse than racism itself is the fact that people know it exists, but barely anything is done. Chatrooms and forums are filled with talk about racism, and yet the very people that yack against it are the ones who sit on the couch every night and do nothing to aid the cause against it.

Have you ever noticed that it's ok for a comedian that isn't white, to tell racially scathing jokes? Yet, if a white person were to tell that same joke, they'd be shot or hung for it.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#25 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:18

On the last part: That is what bugs me the most. We aren't evening anything but putting down the dominant race.

On the rest: Nothing can be done, under the US constitution at least. Sure it is bad, but some people are just... well... stupid.

Even on this forum I hear the word "Nigger" used (albeit on very small occasions) and it bugs me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users