Why are we here?

57 replies to this topic

#26 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 23:26

Yeah its true, the equations wouldn't work if there weren't observers.(not necessarily us)
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#27 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 25 April 2007 - 13:05

View PostCheesehead3557, on 25 Apr 2007, 01:14, said:

QFT :rofll:

We are here.

I do not know why, or even if there is a why, but we are here. That is my philosophy.

#28 Dr.Schwarzk0pf

Der Metzgermeister

• Member Test
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 18:09

I know only what we got when we are here...
Posted Image

my sig showroom kick!!
http://500px.com/schwarzk0pf

glouf, on 23 Jun 2006, 16:51, said:

I like to call him Dr. Spamkopf

#29 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 19:33

I'm going to Paraphrase an old cartoon I saw once.

We are all sparks of light, and our goal in life is to glow for as long and as brightly as possible.

I thought it was a pretty good saying. :)
Posted Image
You'll only notice me when it's too late.
Posted Image

#30 Judgement

Demon of the Fall

• 2330 posts
  • Projects: Same old shit different pile.

Posted 25 April 2007 - 21:28

The reason Im here is... There is no reason. Im here because I was created to exist in this world. Why? Well if my life had gone differently I could have been cannon fodder for a stupid war, the victim of water, or, currently, be the meat bad for everyone to hurt.

There isnt really an answer to why we are here. Some are here to do what is natural (eat, fuck, sleep, repeat). Some are here to make a name for themselves. Others dont want to be known.

End.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:29

View PostJudgement, on 25 Apr 2007, 23:28, said:

The reason Im here is... There is no reason. Im here because I was created to exist in this world. Why? Well if my life had gone differently I could have been cannon fodder for a stupid war, the victim of water, or, currently, be the meat bad for everyone to hurt.

There isnt really an answer to why we are here. Some are here to do what is natural (eat, fuck, sleep, repeat). Some are here to make a name for themselves. Others dont want to be known.

End.

I would like to add that some are here to be emos and wait death.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#32 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 26 April 2007 - 21:57

Instead of that, embrace the fact that you are here to experience existence. You cannot trust others, you will have to turn to an introspection that may never be finished and may not be for certain.

Besides you never really worded your question right, so I can say we are here because we all came from one womb or another.

#33 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 22:02

That's a different kind of 'why'. In Dutch there's two words for why: 'waarom' (for what reason) and 'waarvoor' (because of what). The first refers to a reason or logic, the second is natural cause and effect. I think he meant the first one.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#34 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 22:04

Again, I told him to word it better.

#35 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 23:44

It's hard to word something correctly when the English language is so seiriously screwed. The Greeks had three different words for love.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#36 Deathstrike.

Professional

• 359 posts
  • Projects: Global Liberation

Posted 27 April 2007 - 00:39

why are we here? Why are we where? wheres here and heres where? You cant question one part of life without questioning it all because they only work together
Posted Image

#37 Anon45566

Amateur

• 142 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 22:32

We are here because life is a test.

A test to determine if we can withstand all the hardships, and we do not fall for the traps.

This test determines if we are worthy to enter paradise.

Hope that explains it for you.

-Hinata Prime

#38 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 23:05

Yeah, from a religious standpoint. And thus I agree. But we must look at all other angles.

Perhaps we are here because the Flying Spaghetti Monster wasn't good enough to be consumed by primal animals?

Hold a tick: I see only two viable answers to this question... It is a test, or it is by chance, no reason at all.

#39 Anon45566

Amateur

• 142 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 23:15

I agree! Looking at it from all standpoints gives us a better view, but I strongly believe that it is a test.

Glad you agree. :)

#40 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:07

No not by random chance. There is an alternative. It is simply necessary for us to exist. If we didn't exist the universe couldn't.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#41 Anon45566

Amateur

• 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 19:48

Who exactly are you speaking to? I am a bit confuzzled... :D

#42 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 19:51

We wouldn't be able to define existence if we didn't exist.

And what is existence? Being here.

#43 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 19:52

Existence is what you want it to be.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#44 Anon45566

Amateur

• 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 19:52

Well, AllStarz, I am unsure if you are asking the topic-starters question... :D

#45 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 20:46

Existence is being. Nonexistence is not being. I don't believe we're here for any purpose, we just exist without any side clause attached. We exist, eventually our cycle ends and we're recycled, making way for the next generation. It happens to organisms, it happens to suns and planets. Nothing seems to have any purpose other than to just be there. They'd still be there if we weren't here, but we wouldn't be able to provide evidence to their existence.

So technically, everything exists. But it's of little use to talk about that which we don't see evidence of, so in our view of the world it might as well not exist. It's easier for us and our limited perception to assume things don't exist if nothing they do influences our perception. I could have a midget in my pants, but since nothing I see provides evidence of it, it's pretty pointless to believe it. :D
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#46 Anon45566

Amateur

• 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 20:57

Hmm... ignorance is bliss... :D

To contradict your point, there is proof in all things!

In the stars, in the rising sun and setting moon. In plants, animals, and gorgeous life!

God is great! Look all around you, tell me what you see!

#47 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 21:18

Uh, a computer screen, an empty mug, a wall, a door, a bed, lots of random rubbish, a pile of clothes...

Still, I'd like you to refrain from calling me ignorant just for having a different view of things. This is the second time you've showed such closed-mindedness in the forum, and I already said it doesn't belong here.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Anon45566

Amateur

• 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 21:22

I apologize, but that is my view. It is indeed quite ignorant if you cannot understand that their is a beautiful world out there to explore! God has given you such a great gift! WHY WASTE IT? :D

Please understand that I am not trying to be rude, but I am just stating my truly heartfelt feelings as this is indeed a "philosophy" thread. :D

#49 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 21:24

View PostHinata Prime, on 30 Apr 2007, 21:22, said:

I apologize, but that is my view. It is indeed quite ignorant if you cannot understand that their is a beautiful world out there to explore! God has given you such a great gift! WHY WASTE IT? :D
What does the believe in God have to do with a positive view towards the world? :D
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#50 Anon45566

Amateur

• 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 21:26

Because, God created ALL that is good within the world! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users