Bullying

34 replies to this topic

#26 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:22

Unfortunately, that's easier said than done sometimes. If they're the physical type, they'll grab you from behind as you turn to walk away. Also, be careful what you say and how you say it to bullies. This however doesn't seem to matter sometimes as just about anything you say to them will cause them to get physical.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#27 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:32

But once have I been bullied, and I made it perfectly clear that it would never happen again. That is what you need to do. Take the bully and make an example of him/her. Diplomatic and/or physical means may just be necessary to attain the accomplishment but damn will it do you good in the future. And you know what? Me and this guy are pretty good pals nowadays. (If anybody recalls, this is the person I was talking about who almost clubbed me with a baseball bat, was like a decent time ago now. A good year I believe.)

After that, the most that ever happened for me was being picked on for being albino, and that only lasted a good month thanks to quick means of halting the problem.

So yeah, nowadays, I see bullying was good for me. It toughened me up a bit and it allowed me to show myself for something completely different from my usual quiet, respective nature. Take advantage of getting bullied. That's all I have to say.

Edited by Leatherneck, 25 April 2007 - 02:37.

#28 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:40

To a certain degree it makes one tougher, but that's only if the issue is curtailed quick enough. If the person that is being bullied doesn't see a way to end the problem, permanent damage can be done . Fortunately you saw a way to end the bullying, and that is great news. My guess is that for others, they're scared to seek a solution because of what the bully might do to them, or has threatened to do. It is true that to end a bully's reign of terror over you is to confront them one way or another, but that doesn't always happen.

I understand what you're saying, and if the opportunity presents itself for someone to put a stop to the bully's actions they should take it, but like I said, not everyone sees the opportunity, and the bully continues to pick on that person.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#29 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:12

View PostSoul, on 25 Apr 2007, 01:50, said:

That's like what my mom often told me "Just walk away and ignore them" .
Heh this never worked for me really. It may help in some situations but not all.

#30 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:32

I'm passive most of the time. But then I explode, and when that happens, chairs and tables go flying.

#31 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:32

When they use words i ignore them or even play along their games....otherwise touch me and ull maybe have a close encounter with God (literaly speaking)
Posted Image

#32 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:44

View PostBlaat85, on 25 Apr 2007, 06:12, said:

View PostSoul, on 25 Apr 2007, 01:50, said:

That's like what my mom often told me "Just walk away and ignore them" .
Heh this never worked for me really. It may help in some situations but not all.

I agree. Physical bullies have not much ways out other than giving them whoopass or worse.

But psychic terror bullies, I would easily embarass them to hell.
In the times they called me a fag, I called them catholic priests , due to the fact that they didn't ever have a girlfriend. They shut up and turned red. The next day it got physical - the moment where I used my brains to gain allies. Allies didn't work , there's always more sneaky ways.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#33 LCPL Carrow

You want my guns? Come take 'em!

• 753 posts
  • Projects: ZH Unleashed

Posted 25 April 2007 - 13:19

I've never been bullied myself, but I've witnessed it happening to other people before, and a couple of times I've stepped in and stopped it, but far too many times I haven't said or done anything. I don't really know why, but they weren't really extreme cases. The two I did interfere were pretty bad, one was a dude bullying up on a girl, and the other time it was a junior (11th grade) bullying up on a 8th grader (middle school). The time with the girl I just walked up and punched the fuck outta the guy and told him that I better not ever see him giving a girl a hard time like that again. The time with the 8th grader I didn't have to hit the guy, I just threatened to if I saw him bothering a little kid again. The other times...I really don't know. They just weren't quite as extreme as a guy beating up on a girl or a kid 3 1/2-4 years younger than him.

On the other hand, much like how I mentioned in the racism thread that african americans use racism as a convienient condemnation for anything they don't like, my little brother uses bullying as a convienient condemnation for anything I do that he doesn't like. I most certainly am not a bully, but he knows that calling me one will get me in trouble, so if I don't do exactly what he wants he calls me a bully and tells mom and dad and the school counselor and teachers, and then I get in insane trouble, simply for not doing what my brother wanted me to do. Is that bullying? No, it's not, no more than telling a black person "no" is racism.
Semper Fidelis

0311 Rifleman

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
Posted Image
Posted Image

<Aqua> 0311 Roflemen.

#34 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 13:36

To bully by going after one's psyche is truly evil. Physical wounds are temporary, but those scars people can leave on the mind are permanent.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#35 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 25 April 2007 - 16:53

Tell me about it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users