Bullying

34 replies to this topic

#1 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 24 April 2007 - 18:21

Ok let's talk about bullying and how it affects us, how it affects others and what you think of it.

I hate bullying, mainly due to the fact I've experienced it on more then one occasion and am curious if any of you have been bullied and how you delt with it?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#2 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 18:23

I hate bullying also , it personally affect me in bad way since I have no tolerance againist it and I am afraid I will kill one of these vagrants oneday , I hope I not do it .

#3 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 18:31

I have been bullied as well. It got me a negative selfimage that eventually led to a depression that lasted several years. I loathe bullies and if I ever run into my biggest bully then I'll probably slap him in the face.

I don't have any real good advice what to do.. it depends what exactly they do. For me it was mostly things said, not physical violence but mental. I've also been chased a couple of times and been spit on once. Not nice memories, I prefer to not think of them.

#4 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 18:34

I still have some depression from being bullied and on more then one occasion I've thought of suicide some years back, but the suicidal thoughts are gone now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#5 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 18:37

yup i was bullied once (bout 2 yrs ago) by a guy about a foot taler than me and quite wide. yeh he was fat and i was scared of him for a while.
Then my uncle found out (the one im living with now) and during half term he kept taking me to the gym and making protein drinks etc for me.
then after half term he started again, but i just hit him in the face straight away, i got in loads of trouble for it from teachers, but when i hit him he stumbled backwards, gathred himself and just backed off, i didnt have any trouble with him again. it felt good

Edited by Warbz, 24 April 2007 - 18:38.

Posted Image

#6 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 24 April 2007 - 18:39

I've had several encounters calling me a fag and stuff, but I got some bigger friends and gave them a nice can of whoopass. Considering they continued I caught up with one, into the school bathroom and let a knife go a little too deep in his back. Not stabbing but a minor bleeding occurred. I told him his neck was next. No more touched by that one :D. As for people I don't know, I only run away. Here they're able to bring dozens of brothers and the whole family network.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#7 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 18:54

Your lucky someone even helped you, when ever I got bullied people who were around would either walk away or stand there and watch.

This is probably why I have a lack of trust with people I don't know and why I'm kinda anti-social.

Edited by Soul, 24 April 2007 - 18:57.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:01

If you have no other way, just turn on the song "Push it to the limit" and train your ass off. Get a new lifestyle, a gorilla body and kick their asses. Stabbing is the easiest way, but you'd get your ass whooped by the police.

Holy shit I sound like a criminal. I have a soft and forgiving nature but sometimes even for me , it gets pushed too far.

Edited by Sic, 24 April 2007 - 19:03.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#9 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:02

No one ever helped me either. It's what made me break contact with a friend on primary school, she just stood there and let her older brother and his friends make fun of me. She even laughed if I recall correctly.

Even though some people have treated you bad though, remember that there are still some trustable individuals out there. If you meet new people try to act a bit open and kind, if you show mistrust then it is less likely that they will trust you also. I think.

I'm glad to hear your suicidal thoughts are gone. I've had them as well some years ago and ever since they were gone they never returned. I'm very glad I got out of my depression. I really hope things work out for you as well.

At uni I don't get bullied. Perhaps when people get older you may see eventually that this behaviour lessens, I can't garantuee it though. I can only share my experiences and thoughts.

EDIT This is in reply to Soul's post.

Edited by Blaat85, 24 April 2007 - 19:03.

#10 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:09

Well i think resorting to violence does help when it comes to bullying. I was bullyed for some time, but after a good fight the damn asshole quited it.
Posted Image

#11 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:12

I was one young small girl against several guys.. how do you imagine that? It was never just one person alone.

#12 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:14

^agreed.

all i had to do was hit the guy bullying me, i dont think he wanted to get physical XD

Posted Image

#13 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:44

I would like to hear theory's as to why they bully others.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:46

it could be any number of reasons.

they are being bullied and are taking it out on u
they just dont like u
they are trying to look cool in front of friends#
problems at home and again are venting stress

Edited by Warbz, 24 April 2007 - 19:47.

Posted Image

#15 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:49

Add:
Trying to feel better about themselves
Jaleous (of you)

It can have various reasons really.

#16 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:56

Because they want to have that feeling that they're stronger than others, or some are soon to be serial killers and enjoy their victims get pissed off and hurt.
And Jealousy as Blaat said.
They may be hiding a secret that inside they're soft and faggy, or their parents exploit them. OR , they got raped as children - bad memories.

Edited by Sic, 24 April 2007 - 19:57.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#17 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:11

I go to a school surronded by the junkier part of town. The place is crawling with wangsters, and even if you punch them in the face they're to stupid to learn not to mess with you.

Edited by Hobbes1098, 24 April 2007 - 20:12.

#18 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:17

Nowadays when or if I ever get bullied or picked on, I just fill with rage, lot and lots of rage.

Edited by Soul, 24 April 2007 - 20:18.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:19

I've not been bullied since I went to uni, not sure what exactly I would do to be honest. I guess it would depend on the situation and which / what kind of person.

Edited by Blaat85, 24 April 2007 - 20:20.

#20 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:23

if someone tries it on with me i ask them what the fuck have i done to them.

They normal end up laughing and saying i was only joking or something.

And you say well i dont think its funny or something.

#21 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:24

I was bullied a few years ago. Luckily the school managed to stop it, but it wasn't a nice few months.

#22 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:38

If you've never seen the movie "Bench Warmers", watch it. Not necessarily the whole film, but near the end when Rob Schneider's character apologizes to the kid he bullied. It tells a little bit about how bullying can effect someone's psyche. Depression, self loathing, these are symptoms of the effects of bullying.

It happens when someone isn't secure about themself. They pick on someone who may be an "outcast", just for the temporary euphoria they get from being "superior" to someone. Bullies don't care who it is, as long as they can pick on someone. The sad thing is that these bullies were probably not loved or held or not given enough attention when they were younger. It's a common thing that bullies either didn't have parents who showed them affection or are going through some really bad times at home, what some would call a "broken" home.

Bullies don't need retaliation. They need to be loved and to know someone cares for them. Some may not be able to be "cured" from bullying, as they may just naturally have a mean spirit, but deep down inside a bullying is a kind person waiting to get out. They're just afraid that if they let that side of them be known, they'll be rejected or made fun of. Most of the time, being a bully is just a front they put on.

Regards,

Nuker

P.S. I've been on the receiving end of a bully's words as well, so I know the effects far too well. I still feel them, even though they're a dull ache now and many years have dulled the pain.
Posted Image

#23 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:42

School seems to be not easy for a few People.
I maybe got bullied for like 4 - 6 Months, untill I went to the Police Academy.
First of, People who know that you do a Apprenticeship there usually dont mess with you.
But of course there are those "Bad azz Ganxtas" wich seem to feel realy strong when theyre in Groups.

However, depending on the Environment you live, you should learn some Defence Techniques.
The Place were I live for Example, is a nice place, and a good Neighborhood.
But, 5 Minutes away, across the Street ... its like a diffrent World. Sadly, I need to go past there often enough.
Since I can drive thats no Problem anymore, but sometimes I dont got the Option to drive at the moment, or what ever, and I need to pass there by Foot.

Ghettos and/or dirty Town Parts are quite dangerous, especially when you are Female. When you dont got any Moves / Tricks how to defend yourself you wont come far - at least not here.
To cut it short - I dont got any Problems anymore.

Another thing, it seems that the bullying stops when you start working, or visit a School were People are more mature ( University ). But not all 18 - 21 People are mature. With other words, even in the University and/or at work are People wich will bully you. And belive me, if it happends there its worse than in School.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#24 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 24 April 2007 - 22:59

A bully is usually a fool attempting despotism.

To beat a bully all you need to do is not play his game.
Posted Image

#25 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 23:50

That's like what my mom often told me "Just walk away and ignore them" .
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users